Home

The worst game sequels

HigherPower

well i am young still so i haven't played much of the games that has been mentioned here but here's my list for worst games and sequels ever

MGS1-MGS4 always hated those games i don't know why i tried all of them one and there is nothing i like about them

All the final fantasy games i hate them almost most of all

All Sonic games

i'm not a fan of mortal combat neither does i like tekken then there is also soul calibur i think Soul Calibur IV is going to be worst okay i know you can play as yoda darth vader and the secret apprentice but they got nothing to do with the soul calibur universe so

Now that's all for now one thing don't get mad at me but we can complain about games i know but if you think for a while i got to that until i and you to can make a better game myself we really have no right to complain

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can live with weapon proficiency feats because learning how to use a greatsword is quite different from an axe or mace. They require quite different techniques, knowledge of effective range for each, what you can do/can't do with each, and so on.

Again they should be proficiencies not feats... ambidexterity is a feat I can live with that definition as it can't really be 'learned', fighting with a melee weapon is not a feat it is a learned proficiency/skill. They are separate things, D20 cops-out and bunches things together that have no place being together.

WotC are a bunch of people who, while I do appreciate their zeal, they have destroyed more well made game systems to force us to play their 'schlock' D20 system... it is sad.

well i am young still so i haven't played much of the games that has been mentioned here but here's my list for worst games and sequels ever

MGS1-MGS4 always hated those games i don't know why i tried all of them one and there is nothing i like about them

All Sonic games

i'm not a fan of mortal combat neither does i like tekken then there is also soul calibur i think Soul Calibur IV is going to be worst okay i know you can play as yoda darth vader and the secret apprentice but they got nothing to do with the soul calibur universe so

Now that's all for now one thing don't get mad at me but we can complain about games i know but if you think for a while i got to that until i and you to can make a better game myself we really have no right to complain

Worst sequels, not series.

Plus, punctuation is, if not yours, our friend.

All Sonic games

The elder scrolls oblivion was one of the worst games in my opinion

vrvsc7.jpg

SW: KOTOR 2 -- I treat it like Greg Maguire's Oz books. It's a fanfic writer's goldmine, adding multiple layers and complexity to a universe that seemed so simple and cheerful. It exposes the conciets and the foundations of the universe, treating it all like a cynical lie. Kreia, like Elphaba, is wicked through and trough, but not without a laundry list of reasons and justified anger. Like Maguire's Oz, though, everyone is played in the most unflattering light possible, the universe is devoid of joy, hope, or even a point as the protagonist wanders from one cluster---k to the next without making much of anything much better or worse. Judging from both the content that made it in as well as the cutting room floor (Revan meeting some off-screen end with his/her skull being Nihilus's mask, Dustil gone nuts in the tombs), it also seemed that the whole point (if there was one) was to take a gigantic whiz all over any good feelings you may have had at the end of Knights 1. Add a "WTF?!" ending, bugged up dialogue, and the damn thing crashing every two hours, and you have one of the biggest killjoys ever.

I have never heard it explained in this manner. Obsidian storytellers attempt to capture the ironic side of life. Some people find it enjoyable; however, others enjoy more exciting stories. I like reading about tragic stories in book form; thus, I found Obsidian's approach to be an acquired taste. They try hard to make games for everyone; however, their style only speaks for a select group. Some people like drama, and others like action. I can understand your point of view.

My picks -

Neverwinter Knights II

Rainbow 6 - Las Vegas

Yar: did you ever play NWN1? While I think NWN2 is not a very good game' date=' it at least had some good moments (the trial for instance).[/quote']

Yes. I remembered that I did in fact play the game, and it did seem to feel more exciting. You had the option to cutomize your personal gear, and to change your clothes styles by switching minute elements. I loved that game.

SW: KOTOR 2 -- I treat it like Greg Maguire's Oz books. It's a fanfic writer's goldmine, adding multiple layers and complexity to a universe that seemed so simple and cheerful. It exposes the conciets and the foundations of the universe, treating it all like a cynical lie. Kreia, like Elphaba, is wicked through and trough, but not without a laundry list of reasons and justified anger. Like Maguire's Oz, though, everyone is played in the most unflattering light possible, the universe is devoid of joy, hope, or even a point as the protagonist wanders from one cluster---k to the next without making much of anything much better or worse. Judging from both the content that made it in as well as the cutting room floor (Revan meeting some off-screen end with his/her skull being Nihilus's mask, Dustil gone nuts in the tombs), it also seemed that the whole point (if there was one) was to take a gigantic whiz all over any good feelings you may have had at the end of Knights 1. Add a "WTF?!" ending, bugged up dialogue, and the damn thing crashing every two hours, and you have one of the biggest killjoys ever.

So you expected a galaxy that was ravaged from a couple of wars, dominated by the Sith, the Republic failing, the Jedi all but dead to be a cheerful universe?

@Revan's skull; they did it so they could keep Revan's legacy more open, like what they are doing in the MMO ;)

@Dustil: So?

If anything, Obsidian took the 'cheery environment', and added in real nature of real people. Betrayal, Fear, Death, were some of the natures they put in the game that made the game slightly more realistic.

@Crashing: Don't stay in one area for more then two hours, and they had a christmas release date, so they had to cut a lot of stuff from the game. If you had a game to make in about a year or two (or however long it took, I'm not exactly sure) with a Christmas Date made after E3, you would have to cut a lot of things, and making holes in the game, which causes bugs. TSL is a damaged game, but not a bad sequel.

@Dustil: So?

Dustil's appearance in KOTOR 2 was one of the best things that was cut. It's kind of weird, the sort of stuff they thought up for KOTOR 2; really great stuff like Dustil's fate, while simultaneously mixing a number of absolutely retarded ideas (such as the supposed origin of Darth Nihilus, Kreia being someone's mother, et cetera) into the bag.

I wouldn't have said anything, until you mentioned this. The first one is a classic, rated as one of the best games ever made, my second favourite game ever. A true masterpiece. It had everything.

Beautiful plot, including some of the most masterful plot twists.

Beautiful graphics (For its time)

Intricate human drama, and psychology

And really made you think about wars in the future, and what could potentially happen.

The list goes on.

The second one was good, but I'd understand if you didn't like it.

The third one was good, but I only played half of it, I don't own a PS2

Haven't played the fourth one either, don't have PS3 either.

Anyways, if it could be counted as a sequel, the worst would be, KotOR 2>KotOR MMO

really the only one i can think of at the moment i The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker

dont get e wrong it was ok....but it ends there ok and its continues to sink in rating...

Would the Zelda games even count? Technically speaking they aren't really sequels right... meaning their story-lines aren't really connected, they just share the same iconic hero & heroine. Either way, I advise you to go hide before Lynk comes to eat your soul for dissing a Zelda game.

Archived