Home

The worst game sequels

HigherPower

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine would have to be... Doom III, we waited so long but it really didn't feel like Doom, more like just another attempt at a horror FPS.

and Emperor Devon will say

D&D 3.5 -> D&D 4.0

You know it's true teekay! <_<

Actually, I'm thinking you'd say AD&D 1.0 -> the other editions. >_>

Sorry ED your nemesis Jae ruined your credibility on the D&D/AD&D topic... I know the truth!

[insert X-Files Theme Music Here]

:xp:

Bullocks.

I absolutely loathed Jedi Academy. Especially when I compared it to Jedi Outcast. Outcast was amazing. Academy was worthless.

I guess I am one of the few that actually liked/love Jedi Academy. While the story isn't as deep as the earlier Jedi Knight games. JA did at least to me give a good feel for what it feels like to be a student at Luke's Jedi Academy. I wasn't thrilled with the two Rancor missions or the swoop bike mission.

I guess I am one of the few that actually liked/love Jedi Academy. While the story isn't as deep as the earlier Jedi Knight games. JA did at least to me give a good feel for what it feels like to be a student at Luke's Jedi Academy. I wasn't thrilled with the two Rancor missions or the swoop bike mission.

Alright! I was glad to see I wasn't the only one to think that. I also hated how you couldn't kill either rancors under reasonable conditions. I despised the swoop mission because no matter how many mercenaries I killed... they just kept spawning from nowhere. I favored the game because I started with jedi level difficulty and could get through most of the missions without dying the first time through... that's how it should be. Jedi outcast was just impossible to get through for me... even with certain cheats. What was your thought on that?

I favored the game because I started with jedi level difficulty and could get through most of the missions without dying the first time through... that's how it should be.
Easy? :lol:

Guys, really. If you were going to like something about Jedi Academy it should've been that swoop level! It was one of the game's only saving graces. t2_trip and t2_rail were a couple of the only semi-decent levels. Dunno why folks like a 'go run Jedi errands' game when you could play Jedi Knight or Jedi Outcast, both of which have plots that weren't an after-thought.

Alright! I was glad to see I wasn't the only one to think that. I also hated how you couldn't kill either rancors under reasonable conditions. I despised the swoop mission because no matter how many mercenaries I killed... they just kept spawning from nowhere. I favored the game because I started with jedi level difficulty and could get through most of the missions without dying the first time through... that's how it should be. Jedi outcast was just impossible to get through for me... even with certain cheats. What was your thought on that?

Since I am not one of those leet button mashing FPS types. Because of this I have a tendency to save a lot. Yes I know that this a form of "cheating". This is why I prefer RPGs and why I am disappointed with the direction that Bethesda took with Fallout 3.

Easy? :lol:

Guys, really. If you were going to like something about Jedi Academy it should've been that swoop level! It was one of the game's only saving graces. t2_trip and t2_rail were a couple of the only semi-decent levels. Dunno why folks like a 'go run Jedi errands' game when you could play Jedi Knight or Jedi Outcast, both of which have plots that weren't an after-thought.

My two favorite levels are t2_rail and Mercenary Activity on Tatoonie.

I think that Wizardry 8 is the best of the series.

Speaking of Wizardry 8, I saw there was a mod for it here that might be worth a looksee.

And since I'm on the topic of Wizardry and RPGCodex threads, I found this Wizardry 4 thread which validated that I was not sucky as a gamer just because my ass was handed to me over and over.

I never played Wiz 5 but I guess that was a real let down for most as well.

Wiz 6 was good, 7 was better, and 8 was very good as well. Wish they could've gotten that game out a couple years earlier so that it didn't pale in comparison to other RPGs at the time and of course it was sad to see this become Sir-Tech's swan song. I remember reading people complain about the 1st person POV ("I can't see my characters, this game sucks!"). :rolleyes:

My two favorite levels are t2_rail and Mercenary Activity on Tatoonie.
The Taspir levels weren't too bad since they had some motivation other than "go here because Kyle/Luke/GenericJedi2 told you to." Although to be fair, even what little plot JA did have was fail, so really it wasn't much better.

That game is good for nothing other than mindless entertainment, and after the first few times you play through it you won't even get that much anymore. And I won't even start with how fail JO and JA are compared to JK when it comes to MP. Sooo sluggish. x.x

The Taspir levels weren't too bad since they had some motivation other than "go here because Kyle/Luke/GenericJedi2 told you to." Although to be fair, even what little plot JA did have was fail, so really it wasn't much better.

And there's always one mission in each of the three cycles that is more god-awful than the others put together, notably -

Blenjeel, Nar Kreeta and Tanaab.

Speaking of Wizardry 8, I saw there was a mod for it here that might be worth a looksee.

Thanks for the Heads up tk. :cool:

I guess it all depends on your mind set. I didn't mind the X tells you to go to Y. Unless the order is an illegal one I had to reason to question what was my motivation was. Because helping out those that needed help was all the motivation that I needed.

And there's always one mission in each of the three cycles that is more god-awful than the others put together, notably -

Blenjeel, Nar Kreeta and Tanaab.

I'll take Blenjeel over the Swoop Bike Mission.

Unless the order is an illegal one I had to reason to question what was my motivation was.
:lol:

"What's my motivation?"

"You're a bounty hunter... you hunt bounties."

"Oh, right."

Thank god that game didn't have a sequel.

Blah! She never responded to my latest post... though in all fairness I didn't get around to yours either. >_>

Well it won't do you any good now! ;)

When you get yourself 20+ years of Pnp RPG experience in over 30 different Pnp RPG systems, we can resume the conversation...

I also hated how you couldn't kill either rancors under reasonable conditions.

Er, yes you can. It's definitely possible to kill the rancors in the prison escape level. When you kill one, another spawns, but it stops after five, I believe. I've heard it's possible to kill the mutated rancor as well, though I've never tried it. Though why one would want to turn those levels into yet more hacking and slashing, while they're some of the only missions that aren't hack and slash, I have no idea.

Archived