Home

Bruce Wayne: Hero or Villain?

Christian Bale, the star of the most recent Batman movie "The Dark Knight," was arrested Tuesday over assault allegations, according to British media.

Sources report that Bale's mother and sister claimed they were assaulted by the actor at London's Dorchester Hotel on Sunday night, a day before the European premiere of "The Dark Knight."

The women made the allegation at a local police station in southern England on Monday, Britain's Press Association news agency said. It later said Bale had been arrested, citing "police sources."

Asked whether Bale was in custody, a police spokesman did not refer to him by name but said: "A 34-year-old man attended a central London police station this morning by appointment and was arrested in connection with an allegation of assault."

Source

Supposedly Scotland Yard is involved, but as of now we have no real information about this.

My question is this: What would possess Bale to attack his family members on the night before the most important day of this life thus far? He's got everything going for him - is he trying to ruin it?

_EW_

Oh, and let's try to keep movie stuff out of this thread - I haven't seen it yet ;)

@Staff - Send this to Kavar's or merge it with the Dark Knight thread if you think it should be there.

It's a curious thing, to be sure.

It could just be a publicity stunt - but we don't know anything about his family - so maybe he has pre-existing problems with them.

Who's publicity stunt??

Bale doesn't need any more press - every newspaper and tv station in the country is talking about The Dark Knight's success.

And why would his family want to pull a publicity stunt?

_EW_

You'd be surprised, over here, english newspapers would pay huge amounts of money for the story of the 'abused relative, beaten by violent star'. I don't think that he would have done anything - maybe his family want a taste of the limelight?

You'd be surprised, over here, english newspapers would pay huge amounts of money for the story of the 'abused relative, beaten by violent star'. I don't think that he would have done anything - maybe his family want a taste of the limelight?

I'm inclined to think that this accusation is a lie as well.

_EW_

I don’t believe there is enough information to make any type of judgment. The type of assault is not even defined. It could be as minor as him getting mad and pouring his drink in their faces.

What would possess Bale to allegedly attack his family members on the night before the most important day of this life thus far? He's got everything going for him - is he trying to ruin it?
fixed

Getting arrested or having a warrant for your arrest does not mean that he is guilty of anything. Depending on what happened, let us remember that family members have a way of getting under our skin even during the best of times. I’ll hold off judgment to when or if the facts are ever released. Still want keep me from watching his latest movie.

I don’t believe there is enough information to make any type of judgment. The type of assault is not even defined. It could be as minor as him getting mad and pouring his drink in their faces. fixed

Getting arrested or having a warrant for your arrest does not mean that he is guilty of anything. Depending on what happened, let us remember that family members have a way of getting under our skin even during the best of times. I’ll hold off judgment to when or if the facts are ever released. Still want keep me from watching his latest movie.

I never said burn him at the stake. It was a very hypothetical question - "what would possess him to do that?" Not "what would possess him to allegedly do that?" Thanks though.

It won't keep me from watching his movie either.

_EW_

I never said burn him at the stake.[/Quote] Did not mean to imply you did say that.
It was a very hypothetical question - "what would possess him to do that?" Not "what would possess him to allegedly do that?" Thanks though.[/Quote] But how do you know he did anything?

won't[/Quote]:lol: I still can't spell. :(

Did not mean to imply you did say that. But how do you know he did anything?

:lol: I still can't spell. :(

I don't know that he did anything. Asking a hypothetical question is not damning at all - it doesn't imply that he did. I asked what his reasoning would have been.

That's all.

_EW_

Well even hypothetical he would have had to of done something in order to reach the conclusion that he could be trying to ruin the most important day of his life thus far.

If you want the question answered to what “would possess him to do that?” then personally even under hypothetical conditions I need to know what he hypothetical did to even give an uneducated guess. I mean he could of tripped on a rug and then fell into them. Then they wrongly filed charges on him. Then my answer would “hypothetical be” clumsiness possessed him. Then again, he could have hypothetically punched them in the face because they reminded him of when he had braces and zits, and then I would say he was possibly possessed with anger issues, again that is purely hypothetical.

And just what kind of assault are we talking about here?

I don’t believe there is enough information to make any type of judgment.

My thoughts. I'd add that we have nothing on Bale's mother and sister and specially on their relationship. The only thing we can do is say things like "I hope...", "Methinks..." and "Yoda...".

Well even hypothetical he would have had to of done something in order to reach the conclusion that he could be trying to ruin the most important day of his life thus far.

That's what allegedly means, silly. It means that they might have done the thing. So hypothetically he did do something. They're not different.

"Yoda...".

QFE.

OK, we don't know enough. But I'd still really like to hope that Bale is a better person than that.

_EW_

It could be a case of media exaggeration. He flicked a coin at one of them and "They were assaulted". And of course the news would jump.

I would believe the "publicity stunt" theory as acceptable. Those people can't get enough press or money, this gives them both. If for the family, they get those things, if for Batman actor, he could have instigated the exaggeration and then gotten himself out of court (because it was almost nothing and he has good lawyers) and come out ahead.

I'm whatever Gotham needs me to be.

Maybe that they needed him to assault his family. :p

Ok, joking aside, I agree with what Astor_Kaine said. It could be a possibility stunt. The Lord knows we have a lot over here. That's why all of our young actresses (14-18) are getting pregnant. Just for more time in the spotlight.

For what its worth;

Rumors circulated that the charges against Bale were for verbal assault. In the United Kingdom, verbal assault can be a class 4 or 5 offense; class 4 requiring an "intent to cause alarm."

Verbal assault, in my book is while still distasteful, a long way of physical assault.

Verbal assault, in my book is while still distasteful, a long way of physical assault.

I agree. I've seen someone assaulting verbally, and it's far from a physical assault.

They may shared a few "bad words" (hypothetically:xp:), but I believe, like EW, that Bale is not this kind of person.

Maybe the stress was too great and he just needed a means of escape. Alcohol... maybe a lot of Alcohol?

Maybe there was a sore subject that's been on his mind about the next day. Actors have loads of stress that make them do stupid things. I really don't think any differently of him... unless he keeps acting like he did.

Archived