Home

What order do you do the planets in and why?

Darth krunchy

I played KotOR a lot (!!!) of times.

Well, so have I but I don't memorize every detail. For instance, I don't know that BioWare used the Ebon Hawk dorm for what's supposed to be the bunk in the hideout on Taris. ;)

You'll never put me on a hand :xp:

Says you. :xp:

Another question comes to mind...I do Kashyyyk first, in order to get Jolee early on, plus I've always found that it goes a bit quicker. And I've noticed most do Kashyyyk first and Tatooine second (or vice versa), obviously to get Jolee and HK early.

So for those of you that do, why Kashyyyk first, or why Tatooine first, whatever the case may be?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first time I played, I did Tatooine, Kashyyyk, (for some reason, if you don't leave a world at all during your first two Star Maps, the Leviathan comes early), and after the Leviathan I did Manaan and Korriban. I always hated Manaan, the Selkath sounds gave me a headache, and you had do listen to the stupid security camera warning all the time.

Says you. :xp:
Many have tried :)

Another question comes to mind...I do Kashyyyk first, in order to get Jolee early on, plus I've always found that it goes a bit quicker. And I've noticed most do Kashyyyk first and Tatooine second (or vice versa), obviously to get Jolee and HK early.

So for those of you that do, why Kashyyyk first, or why Tatooine first, whatever the case may be?

I do Tattooine first because Mission points me to Tattooine and then Griff (on Tattooine) points me to Kashyyyk. If I tried to find a similar story-based rationale for going to Kashyyyk first, it doesn't exist (or I should say, "I haven't found it").

For the purposes of roleplaying, I try very hard to let the story direct me to where I should go next. Revan in the game doesn't know that Jolee is on Kashyyyk, therefore I play as though I don't know either.

Kashyyk. Out of all the party members (except maybe Carth for female PCs), Jolee has the most dialogue. I've found I can only trigger it all by picking him up as early as possible. And even then, I'm usually listening to his last conversation on the Unknown World.

Edit: True, there's no actual reason you should go to Kashyyk first from a roleplaying perspective. I like to pretend it's situated in between Dantooine and Tatooine*, though, making it the most convenient planet to visit first.

* The EU can screw itself, most of it's garbage anyways.

No matter what planet I go to first, I either get the Mission or Bastila side quest trigger first. That causes me to leave that planet before getting the Star Map and head to Tatoonine. You can’t finish the Bastila side quest with her mother unless you visit the cave with the Star Map, so I always get Tatoonine Star Map first. As Achilles wrote, I go to Kashyyyk 2nd because Mission’s brother needs Tach glands. I visit planets as I receive crew quest. After all, these people are watching the PC back, so the PC needs to keep them happy. Good thing we don’t have to pay fuel cost for the Ebon Hawk.

Now when playing darkside I focus more on completing the mission and less on my crew.

Hmm, interesting reasons, everyone.

I try very hard to let the story direct me to where I should go next. Revan in the game doesn't know that Jolee is on Kashyyyk, therefore I play as though I don't know either.

Heh, fair enough.

I'm thinking that from a story standpoint, it makes sense to do Kashyyyk last. Zaalbar obviously has family issues, so he'll likely try to steer everyone away from it. This would place Korriban at third, which isn't that unreasonable seeing as the player's probably ready to take on Korriban after two planets. Then it's a toss-up between Manaan and Tatooine, probably Manaan first since it's closer and there's a strong Republic presence.

If you didn't get Jolee so late, it might actually be worth trying. :indif:

I'm thinking that from a story standpoint, it makes sense to do Kashyyyk last.
Except that Griff asks you to go there 2nd.

Zaalbar obviously has family issues, so he'll likely try to steer everyone away from it.
He doesn't really though. He gives a bunch of warnings and has a couple "I have a bad feeling about this" moments, but that's about it.

This would place Korriban at third, which isn't that unreasonable seeing as the player's probably ready to take on Korriban after two planets.
Right, but again, you could also be going because of your conversations with Carth.

Then it's a toss-up between Manaan and Tatooine, probably Manaan first since it's closer and there's a strong Republic presence.
That certainly is one way. Another would be that you'd do Tattooine first because of Mission's sidequest.

If you didn't get Jolee so late, it might actually be worth trying. :indif:
By the time you leave Dantooine, you have all your party members, save two. One of them is on Kashyyyk. The other is on Tattooine. If the story points you to Tattooine and then to Kashyyyk, then "late" becomes kinda relative, no (you still have 5 more places to visit before getting to Star Forge)?

Except that Griff asks you to go there 2nd.

Well, that's assuming that you bothered to help Griff. :p

He doesn't really though. He gives a bunch of warnings and has a couple "I have a bad feeling about this" moments, but that's about it.

Eh, I guess. Still, better safe than sorry.

Right, but again, you could also be going because of your conversations with Carth.

That certainly is one way. Another would be that you'd do Tattooine first because of Mission's sidequest.

That too.

By the time you leave Dantooine, you have all your party members, save two. One of them is on Kashyyyk. The other is on Tattooine. If the story points you to Tattooine and then to Kashyyyk, then "late" becomes kinda relative, no (you still have 5 more places to visit before getting to Star Forge)?

Well, I mean if you do Kashyyyk last.

Well, that's assuming that you bothered to help Griff. :p
Yes, it does assume that. My point is that if you follow the story, that's where it points you.

Well, I mean if you do Kashyyyk last.
Of course. But again, if you're following the story, why would you go to Kashyyyk last?

How is it not following the story?

I don't really see the need to go to Kashyyyk early on, unless you get the Tachs for Griff, which I never do. As you said, the PC doesn't know about Jolee, and there's no other compelling reason to go there, while there are reasons for the other three.

Well if you're not doing any of the side quests then there's no compelling reason to go to any of the planets. For all the character knows, they're all "Manaan" (or "Manaan" is an inescapable death trap).

If you are talking to your party NPCs (and doing their quests, and following the story), then it's Tattooine, Kashyyyk, Korriban, Manaan. If you're not, then you're not, and any sequence is perfectly suitable and no better (or worse) than any other.

Right here is fine. :)

Three people have confirmed that it works precisely like this and yet still you argue? :)

Darth Bandon engages Revan before before the Korriban Star Map, only if 4th Star Map has been found first (i.e. if Korriban is your 2nd to last star map). Otherwise if Korriban is the 4th star map, then Bandon will engage you on your way back to the academy, after you've whooped whichever Sith Masters you've decided to whoop.

I'm not a subject of group think. It could be done, but it would require that you go through Korriban entirely before going through the final trial. Otherwise, you would encounter Bandon on your way through that level.

It could be done, but you would have to transition DIRECTLY from the academy to the tomb. Otherwise, you would run into him before you got the second-last star map.

I'm not a subject of group think. It could be done, but it would require that you go through Korriban entirely before going through the final trial. Otherwise, you would encounter Bandon on your way through that level.

It could be done, but you would have to transition DIRECTLY from the academy to the tomb. Otherwise, you would run into him before you got the second-last star map.

You're more than welcome to try it yourself and then post the results. Play the game. After the cutscene introducing Bandon, go to Korriban. Complete the planet and get the Star Map. Then let us know whether he ambushes you with your party before you get the Star Map (as you insist) or after as I claim (and several others have confirmed).

That would seem to be the quickest way to settle this definitively, no?

P.S. I just want to point out that you're not just calling me a liar, but Redhawke and mimartin as well. If you do confirm what I suggest, I think it would be appropriate to apologize to them also.

Well if you're not doing any of the side quests then there's no compelling reason to go to any of the planets.

Eh? I'm not saying I never do any of the side quests. I just never bother to help out Griff. He left his sister alone on a strange world, and has successfully failed at every job he's ever had, so why should I help him out? Credits don't grow on trees, you know. :p

But to each his own, I guess.

I'm not a subject of group think.

What any of us think isn't going to rewrite the scripts that spawn Bandon after the Star Map. Unless of course, as Achilles mentioned above, you're calling several people liars.

But by all means, play through Korriban if it'll satisfy your need to feel different.

1st - Endar Spire

2nd - Taris

3rd - Dantooine

4th - Manaan

5th - Tatooine

6th - Kashyyyk

7th - Leviathan

8th - Lehon

9th - Star Forge

I usually hate beating the game, so I don't collect the Star Maps. But I usually play Kashyyyk, Manaan, and Tatooine in any random order, so who cares?

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

1st - Endar spire - thats the start of the game!

2nd - Taris - thats where we end up

3rd - Dantooine - cuz thats where we go lol

4th - tatooine - by the time i get done with dantooine usually i've gotten far enough with canderous, mission and bastila that they want to go there, plus i can pick up hk-47. ALSO after every planet i return to dantooine and tatooine to hunt and get some extra xp, so tatooine is very important

5th - kashyyk - at this point im wanting to get jolee so i head over there, plus after i rescue griff they want me to go to kashyyk if i choose to, also to help the story along with Big Z i head there

6th - Manaan - At some point this will be for jolee

7th - generally this is when i get picked up by saul

8th - i finish the general story with korriban, i don't really enjoy that world very much, and since bastilla is already gone she can't *not* come on this mission anyway

9th - The unknown world, this is just how the story goes

10th - star forge, i win :)

1st - Endar spire - thats the start of the game!

2nd - Taris - thats where we end up

3rd - Dantooine - cuz thats where we go lol

4th - tatooine - by the time i get done with dantooine usually i've gotten far enough with canderous, mission and bastila that they want to go there, plus i can pick up hk-47. ALSO after every planet i return to dantooine and tatooine to hunt and get some extra xp, so tatooine is very important

5th - kashyyk - at this point im wanting to get jolee so i head over there, plus after i rescue griff they want me to go to kashyyk if i choose to, also to help the story along with Big Z i head there

6th - Manaan - At some point this will be for jolee

7th - generally this is when i get picked up by saul

8th - i finish the general story with korriban, i don't really enjoy that world very much, and since bastilla is already gone she can't *not* come on this mission anyway

9th - The unknown world, this is just how the story goes

10th - star forge, i win :)

lol, same here

• 2 weeks later...

Archived