Home

Holy What the Hell!!?!

http://www.judaspriest.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostradamus_(album)

Why did no-one inform me of this!? That's right, Judas Priest has released a new album, entitled Nostradamus, with the songs dealing with the Prophet's life and death. And, even if it is a concept album. It still kicks major @$$!! I really recommend this album for anyone!! Good work Judas Priest!!

"Up there alongside Painkiller". Hmm. I've heard a few songs off the new one, not really blown away by any of them.

I wouldn't really put Painkiller "up there" as one of their great albums; Sin After Sin, British Steel, Screaming for Vengeance, Defenders of the Faith, and their live in Japan album would all easily pwn Painkiller.

*edit* Of course, Painkiller being mediocre in the Priest catalog didn't stop me from going to see the Painkiller tour, of course. ;)

I wouldn't really put Painkiller "up there" as one of their great albums; Sin After Sin, British Steel, Screaming for Vengeance, Defenders of the Faith, and their live in Japan album would all easily pwn Painkiller.

*cough* Sad Wings of Destiny *cough*

Haven't heard Nostradamus yet, will do soon :)

I always liked Judas Priest's music, but live on stage left much to be desired. The only one who moves around the stage is Halford. Tipton and Downing moved forward and backward depending on who is playing lead at the time and the bass player (can't ever remember his name) stays in one spot as if his feet are superglued to the stage.

right, they should make with the syncronized dancing. Then their shows would be way better

That's not what I mean, smarta$$, and you know it. All I want to see is a little movement. If I wanted to watch a bunch of guys stand around staring at their shoes as they play their instruments, I'd go find a grunge act. Rock shows should be spectacular not only in lights and explosions, but sheer energy from the members of the band.....something that Priest sorely lacks.

right, they should make with the syncronized dancing. Then their shows would be way better
Make that synchronized swimming with electric instruments and I’ll buy a ticket.

All I want to see is a little movement. If I wanted to watch a bunch of guys stand around staring at their shoes as they play their instruments, I'd go find a grunge act. Rock shows should be spectacular not only in lights and explosions, but sheer energy from the members of the band.....something that Priest sorely lacks.
I agree with you, but I will say some of the best rock shows I’ve ever seen have been guys/gals standing around as they played their instruments. Stevie Ray Vaughan did not do much moving around, neither did Eric Clapton, but both had excellent shows. ZZ Top did not move around a lot, but had a spectacular light show. The most important thing is they all had a very good sound and that is what I consider important in a concert. Now on the opposite side I’ve saw Bon Jovi during their “Slippery When Wet” tour. Their show included over the top lights, explosions and showmanship, but it all detracted for the music.

I saw Judas Priest in the 80’s and I agree with your review of their performance, but in fairness to them, they were the final of five bands and I was ready for them to play their hit and get off the stage so I could go home.

Archived