Home

MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS

So, apparently, Wookieepedia got a hold of a copy of the TFU novel. Spoilers are as follows:

- Starkiller's real name is Jacob Nion.

- After he duels with Vader, he is then killed by Palpatine, 2 BBY. One of the game's possible endings i'm assuming.

- Jacob's mother died while defending Kashyyyk from Trandoshan slavers.

- After Jacob's death, Juno joins the Rebellion.

Those are the major points i saw. Discuss.

How does a person like that get into the Empire in the first place?

A person like what?

And as far as this thread is concerned, I think wookiepedia is pretty much a festering pit of people claiming to have inside information.

EDIT- Though I do like that his first name is a real world one. It fits more with the OT that way imo.

So, apparently, Wookieepedia got a hold of a copy of the TFU novel. Spoilers are as follows:

- Starkiller's real name is Jacob Nion.

- After he duels with Vader, he is then killed by Palpatine, 2 BBY. One of the game's possible endings i'm assuming.

- Jacob's mother died while defending Kashyyyk from Trandoshan slavers.

- After Jacob's death, Juno joins the Rebellion.

Those are the major points i saw. Discuss.

I like this, it looks like a nice plot...:)

I like his name, too...

Well not all of the names are Star Wars like, like Luke, Leia and so forth ;)

yeah, but Jacob Nion sounds way more real-world than Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, and Han Solo (the solo part, lol). Don't forget they're pretty much the only people in the OT with regular-ish names. Mon Mothma. Crix Madine. Biggs Darklighter. Wedge Antilles. Bail Organa. Wilhuff Tarkin. Owen and Beru Lars.

Heck, "Ben" is just Obi-Wan Kenobi's nickname...

Well not all of the names are Star Wars like, like Luke, Leia and so forth ;)

yeah, but Jacob Nion sounds way more real-world than Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, and Han Solo (the solo part, lol). Don't forget they're pretty much the only people in the OT with regular-ish names. Mon Mothma. Crix Madine. Biggs Darklighter. Wedge Antilles. Bail Organa. Wilhuff Tarkin. Owen and Beru Lars.

Heck, "Ben" is just Obi-Wan Kenobi's nickname...

QFT.

Jacob Nion... the bible popped up in my head for some reason. Still, anything is better than Starkiller.

The fact that Juno will rebel herself seems quite interesting. From what we've seen so far she'll definetly change from an cold imperial to a more kind-hearted woman. I just hope that transition goes smoothly and don't look too forced.

Let us be rational. Stuffing the story of TFU inside a Star Wars main plot will leave LA—in my own humble estimation—with only two options that are canonically accepted:

A) The one they have chosen with Starkiller (Jacob) dying at the end and Juno changing sides for his sake.

B) He will disappear after his failure in turning Vader to his cause. In that case they will save him for another advenrture, against the New Sith Order perhaps.

Now for me, I’d rather stick with the martyred hero and the vengeful beloved option.

What did you expect?

A proper Imperial officer, with basic Imperial values and ****. There's been more then enough turncoat Imperial officers in the EU. Kyle Katarn, Crix Madine, Jan Dodanna, the list goes on and on. Just for once, could Lucasarts have a single Imperial character other than Vader and Palpatine who is evil? Even a little evil?

Let us be rational. Stuffing the story of TFU inside a Star Wars main plot will leave LA—in my own humble estimation—with only two options that are canonically accepted:

A) The one they have chosen with Starkiller (Jacob) dying at the end and Juno changing sides for his sake.

B) He will disappear after his failure in turning Vader to his cause. In that case they will save him for another advenrture, against the New Sith Order perhaps.

Now for me, I’d rather stick with the martyred hero and the vengeful beloved option.

Keep in mind that I am not trying to be imperious, but I'm far less than satisfied with either possibility. I'd rather LA did something original for once. The Apprentice being killed by Palpatine was good, but it's still too clichéd. The Star Wars EU has literally overflowed with former villains who persevered through the evil and was redeemed by the good people around them and died heroic deaths to inspire others in the fight for justice, yadda yadda yadda. How about the Apprentice and his girlfriend both being killed by a non-movie character? How about the Apprentice staying dark-sided from the beginning? Why did the supposed geniuses at Lucasarts never think of that? They could've had a good EU character (like Cronal or Jerec or whoever) kill the Apprentice, but instead they opted to use the same movie characters over and over.

Why does the Apprentice have to be a hero at all? We've had enough heroes. Has there been a single game since TIE Fighter (released over a decade ago) which has a real storyline where the player is a serious, honest bad guy?

Keep in mind that I am not trying to be imperious, but I'm far less than satisfied with either possibility. I'd rather LA did something original for once. The Apprentice being killed by Palpatine was good, but it's still too clichéd. The Star Wars EU has literally overflowed with former villains who persevered through the evil and was redeemed by the good people around them and died heroic deaths to inspire others in the fight for justice, yadda yadda yadda. How about the Apprentice and his girlfriend both being killed by a non-movie character? How about the Apprentice staying dark-sided from the beginning? Why did the supposed geniuses at Lucasarts never think of that? They could've had a good EU character (like Cronal or Jerec or whoever) kill the Apprentice, but instead they opted to use the same movie characters over and over.

Why does the Apprentice have to be a hero at all? We've had enough heroes. Has there been a single game since TIE Fighter (released over a decade ago) which has a real storyline where the player is a serious, honest bad guy?

I see what your point is and I am inclined to agree on that for true. For like you I am tired of placing the same characters in a different timeline but with the same fates. When I first heard of the Apprentice I thought that at last LA will elevate their tales into an epic level, rather than sticking to the usual hero cycle (Joseph Campbell’s hero cycle). I thought it would be more pleasurable for player to play an anti-hero rather than a hero. But like I said, the canon plot restrains this kind of fates. For instance, they could have made him succeed in murdering the Emperor and then fight against Vader. In fact they would have more options to set in motion if the timeline was different. I think they could have done this more easily with Revan.

Still, with the options introduced, I cling with what they have chosen, and pray they will finish this with more satisfying way, not the usual hasty LA way.

As a matter of fact, I remember Haden Blackman speaking of a sequel in one of his interviews, telling that ALL CHARACTERS will be included. In the light of this, I think we have to wait and see what will really happen.

Archived