Home

Alien Life Confirmed?

Nedak

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A news website isn't like a newspaper. Being visible on the 'front page' doesn't really mean anything. I've seen sillier news on more reputable sites. :)

The man made the statement. No one's saying he didn't. However just because he said it doesn't make it true, and Fox didn't claim the statement was true.

A news website isn't like a newspaper. Being visible on the 'front page' doesn't really mean anything. I've seen sillier news on more reputable sites. :)

Obviously, but usually main stories are on the front page of any large news network.

That's not really true when it comes to news websites. If you go to ABC New's website, there's a story on the 'front page' about a guy who jilted his wife-to-be. That's not really 'serious news' but it's on the 'front page.'

The article you linked to is minor, at best, it's just got a certain level of public interest attached to it. That's all.

That's not really true when it comes to news websites. If you go to ABC New's website, there's a story on the 'front page' about a guy who jilted his wife-to-be. That's not really 'serious news' but it's on the 'front page.'

I guess that could be said for the news on the television then, with the constant rambling about Britany Spears and other celebrities.

if people think we're the only life in the whole universe, they're pretty narrow minded!

I don't think there's flying sausers coming to earth and little green men, but c'mon lets get over ourselves - we're not that unique.

think about it - why is it so strange that there's life on other planets?

it isn't.

The thing I would like to see before I draw conclusions is the confirmation of a reputable scientist... not an astronaut. The astronaut is only the most visible part of space exploration. Who would you recognize more... John Young (astronaut) or Sonja Laroque (scientist)? The one who is most popular.

if people think we're the only life in the whole universe, they're pretty narrow minded!

I don't think there's flying sausers coming to earth and little green men, but c'mon lets get over ourselves - we're not that unique.

think about it - why is it so strange that there's life on other planets?

it isn't.

Who was saying there wasn't Alien life? We're just saying this wasn't... If Aliens had bothered to travel millions of light years to visit us, I'm sure we would know about it...

Who was saying there wasn't Alien life? We're just saying this wasn't... If Aliens had bothered to travel millions of light years to visit us, I'm sure we would know about it...

there's never going to be any 'evidence' unless we can travel that far lol.

we don't even know how the start of life on earth came to be. we're just guessing. and that's all you can really do at the moment, about life on other planets. there's a lot of theories out there, but we don't know which to believe.

I seriously believe there is life elsewhere in the universe... even intelligent life. I don't think we have to have a sample of alien DNA or a UFO sighting to come to that conclusion. Life is not as rare or fragile as we once thought. There is definite confirmation of microbes that feed off of geothermal energy and many other unforgiving conditions. I think the first confirmation of life will be found within the solar system before extraterestrial life comes to us.

there's never going to be any 'evidence' unless we can travel that far lol.

Unless we get something like worm hole technology off the ground, or managed to lengthen our lifespans significantly, I concur.

That said, the odds of us being alone in the universe are astronomical; though we could be the most technologically advanced life in the universe; who knows?

@John: Ask 10 random people on the streets of a major city (New York, LA, hell, even Washington) and at least 1 person will say Aliens aren't real.

I fail to see either how this is pertinant to the discussion or what it proves; I'm sure 1 in 10 people would say Elvis is still alive. Something is either true or not, if Elvis is dead it doesn't matter if 99% of people think he is alive.

It's possible not to know it because we (our government) could be in contact with them and doesn't want us to know.

Now, I'm not a very big conspiracy theorist, I just find all of these interesting and don't take them as absolute fact but I do find it all interesting.

Archived