Home

Alien Life Confirmed?

Nedak

I could make that footage.

Everybody Lies.

_EW_

Alright make it then.

I guess I should feel cheated in that case. So many people (including family members) have lied to me.

Interesting... But ask yourself this- Can the United States/other governments build working aircraft like that? Also, look at the comments... Interesting speculation to read...

I'd love for that to be the case. However, if it was other governments I'm sure they wouldn't be allowed to just fly anywhere they want. If they were our own craft I'm sure we would be testing them elsewhere, besides over large cities and small neighborhoods.

Also, if we have technology like that, then I'm extremely impressed that we developed them in the 40s, since ironically back then Color TV was barely/if at all available.

I even saw on the History Channel that according to Christopher Columbus' logs he saw some sort of UFO. Of course they didn't have cameras back then in 1492 but it will still rather strange.

If you're referring to the comments that they were balloons you will find comments like that at on any UFO related footage. Besides the fact that to me they don't behave how balloons would behave, I don't understand why so many people would record them, or even why the Mexican Government is interested in them, if they were just balloons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPCLoRxfqQo

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some numbers that people have essentially pulled out of thin air to fill in the equation, but to be honest the Drake Equation tells us effectively ZERO about the frequency of other intelligent life in the universe.

The equation can give a good idea on how probable it is.

There was an entire special on the probability of life in the universe on the History Channel a while back (if you can't tell I love the History Channel) where they discussed the probability and came up with a number, based on all the variables given. I wish I could find that show.

Also I just found this interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581_c

Since there are over 1 billion stars in our galaxy alone, the universe is bigger then we could ever imagine meaning an infinate amount of other galaxies meaning even more billions of stars. I think that at least ONE of those planets can support life. I mean maybe Earth was just randomly spun into a perfect orbit with the sun. That could happen to another star easily.

Wait. Didn't they already find a planet that has the potential to support life outside our solar system? I remember reading about that in the news.

Jeez, Han, if you found life on another planet and travelled millions of lightyears to get there, would you just kind of hang around in the lower atmosphere and look at the little ants on the ground... maybe probe a redneck every once in a while? You aren't living in an H.G. Wells novel. No matter where you go in the universe, physics is always the same. If we can prove that we need forces beyond our control (worm holes etc) to get anywhere in this galaxy, then aliens need that, too. And it's an impossible force to harness. :xp:

And don't go thinking the government's hiding the aliens either. SETI is looking for Aliens, the US Government is not.

Take your facts from the scientists, Han, not the conspiracy theorists on the History Channel.

...Your friend was abducted by aliens? Were they Wookies or Klingons? :lol:

Jeez, Han, if you found life on another planet and travelled millions of lightyears to get there, would you just kind of hang around in the lower atmosphere and look at the little ants on the ground...

That would be the simple minded way to look at it. How am I suppose to know what they are here for? There could be a number of things besides just looking at us.

For those of you not in the know, Edgar Mitchell is a loon.

That is kind of strange he tried those experiments

@Gliese thing...

~20 yearlights ain't that much. A civilization 100.000 years older then us could've find a way to reach and support the speed of light, and 20 years really isn't much.

And some of those UFO footages are convincing. Actually- and I'm *not* kidding- I saw something weird with my friends, when we were playing football-aka soccer- in an empty road at 1-2 p.m. It was a big ball of light, who hovered above the ground for a couple of seconds and then in an eye blink it accelerated and it took altitude and eventually it exit the atmosphere, but very very fast. Well, don't know what that was, BUT IT WAS!

That would be the simple minded way to look at it. How am I suppose to know what they are here for? There could be a number of things besides just looking at us.

You're calling me simple minded, boy? Listen, I went through the same phase as you, where I honestly believed in all this stuff. But after a couple years of seeing grainy videos where you can't distinguish the aliens from the weather balloons and hearing stories about Jethro's adventure with the Grays, you start to realize that all these stories are just cyclical. A cottage industry for the benefit of people who don't know better. Oh! Some weird thing crashed in Shag Harbor and people saw it! Forget that it's a mile away from a Canadian Air Base, I'll call it aliens and write a book about it so I can make money! Obviously, the whole subject has kind of been a let down for me as I grew up. When we're interviewing space aliens on CNN, you can call me simple minded. Until then, all you and your's have are some extravagant claims with not so extravagant evidence.

@ TheExile - Were you guys high on anything when you saw that ufo/jesus/glowing orb/KOTOR3 confirmation/undead Elvis/Buddha? You laugh, but I had a situation like this with an acquaintance and it turned out he was high, and the ufo was heading north toward the airport.

@ Exile and Han - Just because you experience something you didn't expect, or you see a vdeo of something out of the ordinary, does not mean that it is logical, rational or even fair to jump to the absolute most outlandish conclusion. "What did you see, Jimmy?" "Something in the sky!" "Oh, it was Space Aliens!"

That irrational logic is something that's going to haunt human development for a long time to come. In every story there is a spin, in every video and picture there are a million more realistic explanations than E.T. For every alien molested hillbilly there a thousand legitimate Astronomers and Physicists who could drop a single dose of cold, hard science to prove that the only aliens on Earth are the ones jumping our borders.

You're calling me simple minded, boy? Listen, I went through the same phase as you, where I honestly believed in all this stuff. But after a couple years of seeing grainy videos where you can't distinguish the aliens from the weather balloons and hearing stories about Jethro's adventure with the Grays, you start to realize that all these stories are just cyclical.

Again, I'm still very skeptic on the whole issue and the reason I'm debating is to gain more information from both sides, you see.

However, my father has had two times where he has seen a so-called "UFO", one being when I was a baby (he saw it with my mother), and the other with a lot of his friends.The way he described it there was no way it could have been anything natural (unless my dad was hyped up on drugs, but I would doubt it).

My dad isn't a big believer on really anything, but the encounters freaked him out.

Also, the people who talk about time-traveling with the Grays are only like 3 people out of the entire UFO believers.

Well, I didn't tell the whole story. It didn't immediately leaved.

First the light abducted us, some lill' gray people made experiments on us, then they left us on the earth and leaved :xp:

I didn't said it's an UFO. And we were clean. I don't know what it was, but I didn't come to this thread to lie, and I'm not a believer. Cmon! Grays??? Did you played Dark Colony too much??? Well, this thread is pointless. Doesn't matters how many pro-UFO proofs it's given, the skeptics will still be skeptics. No matter how many proofs against the UFO's are given, the believers will still be believers.

The equation can give a good idea on how probable it is.
No. It really can't. It can't because we don't know ANYTHING about the vast majority of the numbers in that equation. The only thing anyone has are general guesses that aren't based on any empiric evidence. The wikipedia article on The Drake Equation points out that some conservative estimates for those values puts the probable number of intelligent civilizations at less than 1, while optimistic guesses puts the number up to 5,000.

Useless.

Again, I'm still very skeptic on the whole issue and the reason I'm debating is to gain more information from both sides, you see.

However, my father has had two times where he has seen a so-called "UFO", one being when I was a baby (he saw it with my mother), and the other with a lot of his friends.The way he described it there was no way it could have been anything natural (unless my dad was hyped up on drugs, but I would doubt it).

My dad isn't a big believer on really anything, but the encounters freaked him out.

Also, the people who talk about time-traveling with the Grays are only like 3 people out of the entire UFO believers.

Again, why would he think of all things that it was aliens? Why do people jump to these bizarre conclusions? Hey the ground shook, must be an impending locust invasion. :xp:

@ Exile, yeah, I thought you might have been telling a tall tale up there... :D

Again, why would he think of all things that it was aliens? Why do people jump to these bizarre conclusions? Hey the ground shook, must be an impending locust invasion. :xp:

Never said they were Aliens. Just UFOs.

and it defied current technology we have so I guess it would be the first conclusion to jump to if you were to judge what it was.

There was an entire special on the probability of life in the universe on the History Channel a while back (if you can't tell I love the History Channel) where they discussed the probability and came up with a number, based on all the variables given. I wish I could find that show.

There are lots of UFO stuff on the History Channel, I know this because I watch most of them!, but that doesn't nescisarrily mean that it is true. A lot of the people on those shows are UFO enthusiests. Judging from the books that they have wrote, what they have deticated their life too, ect. My advice to you is not always believe what you read/watch. Oh, I love the History Channel too. :D

Also I just found this interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581_c

I don't know if I missed it, but where exactly is this...I will just say rock....located?

Never said they were Aliens. Just UFOs.

and it defied current technology we have so I guess it would be the first conclusion to jump to if you were to judge what it was.

Well, if something that comes from a different planet isn't (a) alien, what exactly is it? ;)

There are lots of UFO stuff on the History Channel, I know this because I watch most of them!, but that doesn't nescisarrily mean that it is true. A lot of the people on those shows are UFO enthusiests. Judging from the books that they have wrote, what they have deticated their life too, ect. My advice to you is not always believe what you read/watch. Oh, I love the History Channel too. :D

I wasn't talking about UFOs, I was talking about the probability of other life in the universe.

I don't know if I missed it, but where exactly is this...I will just say rock....located?

About 20 light years away

Well, if something that comes from a different planet isn't (a) alien, what exactly is it? ;)

I never said it for sure came from another planet, or even that it was for sure alien, it was something unexplained which got me interested in the UFO phenomena, since I can't find anything else that fits the subscription I was given.

Anyone know the story of the boy who cried "Worf"?

How many times has 'UFO' been cried out? Why should we believe this to be any different? It's only the Nth time it has happened.

We should just assume that if and when life is discovered elsewhere... we'll know. Until then, it'd be best not to believe in something that can't be confirmed.

I wasn't talking about UFOs, I was talking about the probability of other life in the universe.

Oh, sorry. I am a little tired. :)

About 20 light years away

That is pretty far away. Thanks!

I never said it for sure came from another planet, or even that it was for sure alien, it was something unexplained which got me interested in the UFO phenomena, since I can't find anything else that fits the subscription I was given.

I know that much. ;) One thing though, do you think that UFO's came be Earth made?

I know that much. One thing though, do you think that UFO's came be Earth made?

As I've said previously, it's hard for me to believe that they have been made here on earth since the 1940s (possibly even earlier).

To me they're either an illusion or some strange craft that may potentially belong to a superior humanoid species.

Of course I'm open to all other explanations.

How many times has 'UFO' been cried out? Why should we believe this to be any different? It's only the Nth time it has happened.

Some UFOs can be explained by natural phenomena, but some leave me puzzled (example: experience with my dad and experience with my friends).

I would love to hear an explanation for both one of these days. If they're alien craft... cool, if they were something else, then at least I know.

Rev7, UFO stands for "unidentified flying object." It could be a banana for all we know or care. It's technically a general term.

I know that. I only assume that he is talking about alien UFO because of the name of the thread. :giveup: When I was writing my several posts that certianly came into my head. I just assumed....

That's actually very close from a galactic point of view.

Well yes, but that is still quite a long way away. If I did the math right, it is about 117,572,363,809,740 miles away from Earth, or about 1,264,820 AU from Earth. That is really far away to me, but I understand what you are saying. :)

Archived