Home

Alien Life Confirmed?

Nedak

Anyway... wouldn't it seem more logical to assume that something we can't explain is something other than extraterrestrial? There are so many other reasons or assumptions other than that it was an alien spacecraft. In ALL other more likely assumptions, why do so many jump to the conclusion that it came from another solar system? Maybe it's like modern religion, only god has been replaced by aliens. Then it can explain anything that doesn't make sense because we don't understand it.

That comparison is horrible and inaccurate.

PS: Scientology is bull**** because it's based on Science Fiction books, it's the same as a religion based on the Vulcan in Star Trek or some ****.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Jae - Tinfoil hats work, but the aliens are real attracted to hillbillies. They like probing 'em.

@ Han - Current career goals? Huh? I was just recommending you take a look at what SETI does. They're a bunch of astronomers that use Radio telescopes to try to listen in on anything unnatural in the galaxy (spying on aliens). Every once and a while they put out some articles about things they may or may not have found. Just figured it kind of tied into the whole discussion. I think it's pretty cool. :(

Crop Circles... too lazy to debate about that (about whether the guys who confessed to making them were human or not :p ). Government Buyoffs?! Oh noes, stupid corrupt politicians bribe aliens not to talk about being aliens! I'm so moving to Canada. :D

I like the picture, though. It's neat when you look at that picture and realize that you're also kind of looking way back in time, too.

*Jae rummages through boxes and bags at home*

Hmmm, I wonder where I left my tinfoil hat. That should facilitate communications.

here jae you can borrow one of mine i've made extras

even my cat gets one who knows which of us the aliens may want to communicate with :nutz3:

:roleyess:

Shinny side up. – Reflects brain wave scans.

Shinny side towards your skull – Amplifies the scans allowing communication. If communication is indeed what the aliens want. Other wise your brain is just sucked dry.

@ Han - Current career goals? Huh? I was just recommending you take a look at what SETI does. They're a bunch of astronomers that use Radio telescopes to try to listen in on anything unnatural in the galaxy (spying on aliens). Every once and a while they put some articles about things they may or may not have found. Just figured it kind of tied into the whole discussion. I think it's pretty cool. :(

Oh I must have read your reply wrong. I've already looked into SETI.

Crop Circles... too lazy to debate about that (about whether the guys who confessed to making the were human or not :p ).

Har har har.

if you wanna debate about that just let me know.

Government Buyoffs?! Oh noes, stupid corrupt politicians bribe aliens not to talk about being aliens! I'm so moving to Canada.

again not what I'm talking about.

What, do you want Captain Zorkon from Nebulzak IV to make a press conference?

That comparison is horrible and inaccurate.

PS: Scientology is bull**** because it's based on Science Fiction books, it's the same as a religion based on the Vulcan in Star Trek or some ****.

I wasn't trying to badmouth religion. If you think I did, I apologize.

I was trying to imply that many people often used religion to fill in the holes of life that we don't know. It seems that the term 'UFO' now relates more to an alien ship more than it does to its true meaning. I think that we too often connect something we don't know or understand to one of the most unlikely explanations there are. That is simply because it could seemingly explain anything and everything. Aliens are not known to us, so it would be possible they have the technology to pull anything off that we see.

The problem is that there has been no confirmation of aliens, so until that happens, a UFO is more likely to be anything else than it is an alien spacecraft.

UFOs ain't alien spacecraft!!! UFOs are secret airplanes with sooper-dooper technology developed by the US Army, invested in by the US Government :xp:

4 decays ago, the UFOs where Russian Rockets!!! Well, that's another common believe...

People can be sooo weird...

I would agree that we have a VERY limited knowledge of the universe. That doesn't mean we should throw away everything that makes scientific sense and assume that everything else defies what we know. Unless there is something that directly challenges the law of physics, we should assume proven concepts to apply everywhere else. If it is disproved, then we could venture other theories. Until then, all we have to go on is our limited knowledge.

why do you think i bother studying physics, it's the best we can do ;)

As long as you realise that if you keep asking the almighty 'why' question you'll find we know very little. The entire universe could be a quark in an atom on some lifeform's bum in an other dimension for all we know.

Witchcraft?

That's what they said when everyone believed Earth was the center of the universe. Now that we know we are not, witchcraft has lost its power to explain why things are the way they are. Now that we know those stars are just like ours, 'aliens' have become modern day 'witchcraft.' If aliens are confirmed, then strange events will become 'trans-dimensional anomaly.'

:roleyess:

Shinny side up. – Reflects brain wave scans.

Shinny side towards your skull – Amplifies the scans allowing communication. If communication is indeed what the aliens want. Other wise your brain is just sucked dry.

There' here :alien5: : http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2365076&highlight=brainwave#post2365076

besides, the new avatar is proof enough :carms:

:lol: what a nice thread.

Anyway more or less on the topic: It always amazes me how "human" these kid/adult-napping aliens are.

Two legs, Two hands, arms, eyes, hairless skin... really, us humans can't imagine alien life forms.

As usually our aliens are always going to be a mix of stuff we've seen in our enviroment and thats earth, so its actually pretty hard for us to come up with something truelly alien.

I'm very sure there are many ways our "sences" could be formed differantly, what I mean is that perhaps you don't need our type of eyes or eyes to see.

Plus I'm sure whatever the aliens would build to fly, it won't be an abstract form in the sky, it'll be formed to its function( and comfort of use) as most of our own machines are.

This also reminds of that funny pixar short of a driving exam of an alien in his UFO, hilarious stuff...

While trying to keep on subject, I thought I would share some stuff I learned. About seven years ago, I was searching online for UFO stuff. After I made my way to the NASA and SETI site, I bumped into a few interesting articles. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the exact online addresses. Since it had been a long time, I didn’t think about bookmaking them. As a result of the article’s content, the information has been burned into my mind for years. Every time I read an article about aliens, signals, and ufos, I cannot help but think back to the articles I found.

Opinion and Article Facts (Mixed):

1 – NASA and SETI signed a nondisclosure agreement with the government. If they ever find evidence of life, (signals, images, etc…), they cannot in any way share that information. Big deal right? Well, the agreement was sign into law in the 1980s.

2 – SETI received a signal during the very first attempt. After SETI caught the signal, the government jumped to prevent public disclosure. Before the government could do anything about it, SETI already had released the signal to colleges and universities. They call it the WOW signal.

3 – When people ask the government the big question, “Was there an unidentified flying saucer on March 4th.” The government will say, “No.” Why? Since they know what is in the sky, they can answer the question without revealing any answers. Where am I going with this? While visiting the NASA site four years ago, there was an article about how the government dodges the big question. Get it?

4 – Another interesting article I read was about evidence. Every single piece of public evidence of UFOs is blurry or tiny. There is not a single piece of definitive evidence to prove the existence of UFOs. Why have we not been able to catch UFOs on camera? If they do visit Earth in any fashion, they will stay in high orbit away from public viewing. We will never know the truth in our lifetime.

You have absolutely no basis for this claim.

_EW_

Thats why its called an opinion. If NASA did find life on Mars (or other locations), we will never have the clearance to obtain such knowledge. Area 51 is an example of myth meets technological advancement. Most of what we call ufos are man made, or our governments allready knows what is going on. I think there is a level of moral responsibility to keep information about alien life away from the public. If we awoke to the news that life exists elsewhere, some people will react in an extremely violent or religious manner. People will be scared from not understanding the unknown. Some extremists will arm themselves, for they believe a foreign invader is a threat. On the flip side of the coin, some people will worship the alien new comers. I think it would be nieve to jump to both conclusions, but the majority of the world will not see aliens from a neutral perspective. During Ronald Regan's presidental terms, he made an interesting comment. Even though he was refering to breaking down borders, he did shead some light on how people may behave. "If we were to be threatened by an alien invader, the borders we have in place would crumble. We would be united." <--- Loosely quoted. Our government would react militarily to prevent first contact with the general pupulation. Why? Anything that threatens the day to day activity of normality will cause psychological harm. I'm willing to bet that some countries would fire a missle upon first contact. Since there are countries bent on maintaining control, they will try to eliminate anything that will change social psychology.

Archived