Home

Alien Life Confirmed?

Nedak

It's possible not to know it because we (our government) could be in contact with them and doesn't want us to know.

Now, I'm not a very big conspiracy theorist, I just find all of these interesting and don't take them as absolute fact but I do find it all interesting.

it is interesting. I don't believe, however, Area 51 is for alien autopsies and such... I don't believe the Government is 'in contact' with aliens. But hey, I could be wrong.

I just believe theres societies, like ours. Or maybe not societies, but basic animals or 'people' out there, who are just like us, wondering if there IS life on other planets.

There might even be some aliens on a forum, discussing it, now. :lol:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's possible not to know it because we (our government) could be in contact with them and doesn't want us to know.

Now, I'm not a very big conspiracy theorist, I just find all of these interesting and don't take them as absolute fact but I do find it all interesting.

In contact with them?! What language do they speak? Klingon? Romulan? How would the government know and that such a thing could be kept secret? It is even less likely than if they staged apollo 11.

I was really expecting a rickroll when I clicked that link.

@Web Rider: And all the people also THINK, that NASA found an Alien crashed in New Mexico back in the '50s and hid them in a top secret base somewhere in Nevada.

In contact with them?! What language do they speak? Klingon? Romulan? How would the government know and that such a thing could be kept secret? It is even less likely than if they staged apollo 11.

Well.. If they're far more technologically advanced then us they are probably far more intelligent and know way more then we do. Also, there are "reports" that they would talk through telepathic communication.

If you would like to learn more about it and answer your own questions, rather then I answering them for you, you should do some research.

Again, I'm not a conspiracy theorist I've just looked deeply into this matter, since I have people close to me that have had their own experiences...

Again, I'm not a conspiracy theorist I've just looked deeply into this matter, since I have people close to me that have had their own experiences...

i've seen weird things floating about in the sky, (no not planes :lol:) but I don't think they're aliens.... I think it's just like when you see things out of the corner of your eyes.

You and Fox Mulder should get together, han.

But in all seriousness, are you going to provide us some reputable sources (preferably that have some kind of proof) or are you just expecting us to take your word for it?

You and Fox Mulder should get together, han.

But in all seriousness, are you going to provide us some reputable sources (preferably that have some kind of proof) or are you just expecting us to take your word for it?

I've never told you to take my word for anything...

If you would like me to supply countless UFO video, Reports, ex-astronauts, scientists, ex and current government officials speaking, I will.

As of now I have to leave for a doctors appointment. If you want ask me questions and I'll see if I can have them answered for you.

Again, I am very skeptic on the UFO phenomena and everything I post regarding it I am skeptic of, but still find it extremely interesting.

Considering all the technology we have today, it's difficult to discern actual evidence from something fabricated. I would be more convinced of life because of the photos taken on Mars than I would from an unconfirmed source. Almost anything could be created and put on TV and the internet.

I would need solid proof that alien life exists that has a confirmed origin... something real.

Or if we were to intercept a radio (or some other wave) signal that was clearly some manner of transmission that did not originate on Earth...

What do you mean by that? There are many radio signals that don't originate from Earth. Even then... it's still possible to mistake a human-made signal for extraterrestrial.

If you would like me to supply countless UFO video, Reports, ex-astronauts, scientists, ex and current government officials speaking, I will.

Well, that's the thing. All we have is allegorical sources. Those are interesting but hardly proof and barely evidence.

I won't believe it either way until there is real proof, not just eyewitnesses or shaky videos.

One of the first things a cop learns is that witness testimonies are very fallible. If ten people see a car crash, you will end up with ten different variations of the event. This is why you should never take any eyewitness testimonies for face value.

What do you need, a body?

Now see, that would be proof. Assuming the authenticity could be verified and not just shown on video. P.T. Barnum made a living off of faking new creatures.

Well, that's the thing. All we have is allegorical sources. Those are interesting but hardly proof and barely evidence.

I won't believe it either way until there is real proof, not just eyewitnesses or shaky videos.

One of the first things a cop learns is that witness testimonies are very fallible. If ten people see a car crash, you will end up with ten different variations of the event. This is why you should never take any eyewitness testimonies for face value.

What if you have many sources reporting the same thing... and they base their claim first-hand? If many other sources base their claim off the current source in question, they are getting second-hand info... not reliable. What about many testimonies of people who got first-hand info?

What if you have many sources reporting the same thing... and they base their claim first-hand? If many other sources base their claim off the current source in question, they are getting second-hand info... not reliable. What about many testimonies of people who got first-hand info?

"Everybody Lies."

_EW_

I think I covered that above. People are fallible. We aren't getting an account of what they saw, but an account of what they perceived. Human perception is very fallible and very open to suggestion.

Lets say you and a friend are standing outside on a clear night. Something passes overhead. Your friend sees it first and says, "Look! A UFO!"You look up, and sure enough, there's a UFO passing high above you.

Now lets say the same object passes overhead except your friend says, "Look! A plane!" You look up and see a plane.

Our preconceived notions affect what we see, or what we think we see. This is part of the reason witnesses can't be relied on. With respect to the UFO phenomenon, a lot of people have heard about it. If you see lights in the sky at night, you're a lot more likely to think its a UFO then you would be if there weren't countless media sources supporting the claim or movies dealing with UFOs visiting Earth.

With respect to the "insiders" that have certain information, why should we trust the source? Reality shows are proof enough people will do anything for fame. I can't read Dr. Smith's mind. how do I know he's not trying to get recognition? If he has proof, I'll believe him, but if all he has is a story, then I won't simply take his word for it.

Lets say you and a friend are standing outside on a clear night. Something passes overhead. Your friend sees it first and says, "Look! A UFO!"You look up, and sure enough, there's a UFO passing high above you.

Now lets say the same object passes overhead except your friend says, "Look! A plane!" You look up and see a plane.

Our preconceived notions affect what we see, or what we think we see. This is part of the reason witnesses can't be relied on. With respect to the UFO phenomenon, a lot of people have heard about it. If you see lights in the sky at night, you're a lot more likely to think its a UFO then you would be if there weren't countless media sources supporting the claim or movies dealing with UFOs visiting Earth.

That's partly true, but your example is dramatized I assume to expidite your point? Perceptions do influence what we see, but they do not define it. If I say the sky is blue, and you say the sky is pink, unless you some sort of color blindness, we're not arguing over the color of the sky, we agree it's the same color. What we don't agree on is what to call it.

Certainly this works for mysterious formations of light in sky, but is less applicable to actual sightings. If you and I look up and a B52 passes overhead, we may argue over what kind of plane it is, but we're going to agree it's a big plane and not a UFO.

People will see(to be specific, remember) what they want to remember. That, however, has no effect on the reality of the situation. And it takes a lot of "wishing" to rewrite your memories to make yourself believe the truth you want, instead of the reality. You'll see reality, you'll remember your own truths.

@Web Rider: And all the people also THINK, that NASA found an Alien crashed in New Mexico back in the '50s and hid them in a top secret base somewhere in Nevada.

Well these people need to get a clue, since NASA inception was in 1958 and the “Roswell Incident” happened in 1947. What do these people think the Alien hung around the rancher’s pastor until the government created NASA eleven years later? Cannot blame NASA for Roswell, it was a Military operation.

"Everybody Lies."

_EW_

I bet these guys are lying to, and so are all the other people with similar/the same footage.

Warning:Brief use of profanity:Sorry, not on LF. --Jae

EDIT: Sorry Jae, I have a lot of forums I go on. hard to remember which ones I can post which on. :lol:

Also I guess these people are lying as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vyVe-6YdUk

(note: this conference was also covered by CNN

)

Just because a person beleives one thing doesn't make them incorrect about everything else. As for aliens- I'd expect intelligent life soemwhere far out there. But Really far out there. Where is the nearest planet as capable of supporting life as earth? Besides Mars, Titan, and Europa? It's probably really far away. How advanced aliens are, no one really knows. I beleive that there are simple forms of life out there; however, sentient life is much harder thing to occur. Thing is, any video or audio of a sentient alien or a UFO can easily be doctored. After all, if Hollywood can do it, anyone can. Besides, there's plenty of known government aircraft that can appear to look like orbs and disks in the sky. For example, the Aurora, and many others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_aircraft

I beleive that there are simple forms of life out there; however, sentient life is much harder thing to occur.

I suggest researching the Drake Equation.

Thing is, any video or audio of a sentient alien or a UFO can easily be doctored. After all, if Hollywood can do it, anyone can. Besides, there's plenty of known government aircraft that can appear to look like orbs and disks in the sky.

Very true. However, most of all the "official" fake ufo footage are usually very well done and look something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61WJqfyW_u4

There are thousands of UFO footage and for every single one of those to be fake would be a large feat!

But even then there are questions like, "How did all of these people see the same thing and a few of them even got video of it?"

or "How did these people that didn't even know each other and were miles away, see the same thing?"

(example: Supposed UFO "fleet" in Mexico. Lots of different footage from different sources. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2bkeq8Le54)

Also, I watched on TV a while back a Hollywood filmmaker analyze some of the most popular footage and a lot of it puzzled him.

If I can find video of this show I'll post it.

I bet these guys are lying to, and so are all the other people with similar/the same footage.

Warning:Brief use of profanity:<3jae<3jae<3jae<3jae--snipped link--<3jae<3jae<3jae<3<3jae

Also I guess these people are lying as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vyVe-6YdUk

(note: this conference was also covered by CNN

)

I could make that footage.

Everybody Lies.

_EW_

I suggest researching the Drake Equation.

N = R* x fp x ne x fl x fi x fc x L

R* = rate of star formation in our galaxy, a known value

fp = fraction of those stars with planets - mostly unknown.

ne = average number of planets that can support life per star that has planets - completely unknown

fl = fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point - completely unknown

fi = fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life - completely unknown

fc = fraction of civilizations that develop technology that releases detectable signs of existence into space - completely unknown

L = Length of time civilizations release detectable signals into space - completely unknown.

There are some numbers that people have essentially pulled out of thin air to fill in the equation, but to be honest the Drake Equation tells us effectively ZERO about the frequency of other intelligent life in the universe.

Archived