Home

Star Wars: Hope and Courage

Star Wars

Hope and Courage

It is a time of peace in the Galaxy, in the year 160 ABY. Darth Krayt's Sith Order is overthrown and gone. Some of the Jedi are now retired, and trying to restart a new life.

But in the horizon, a New Dark Lord and remaining Sith are coming back, forcing the Galaxy to obey their every command. But some planets bravely refuses the Sith. Outraged by this, the Sith made disobedient species into slaves, make them work to rebuild a New Sith Empire.

The Galaxy is hoping that the Jedi come back to save them from the Sith's reign of terror. But in their darkest hour, the Force calls on those who are chosen to fight off the rising Sith, and save the innocents from under slavery. The Galaxy is also hoping for peace to be restored...

It was a beautiful morning on Dantooine. Naja Ross woke up from her sleep, and stretched out her arms. She then got out of bed, and washed up. After that, she put on her clothes and black boots, went to the kitchen, and fixed breakfast.

A lot has been on her mind earlier. She heard that the Sith were rising again, which upset her greatly. It's been 30 years since the Galaxy's been at peace. But it was just terrible to hear that the Sith were coming back. If only Cade Skywalker, descendant of Anakin and Luke Skywalker, were still around. He'd probably know what to do.

Naja placed breakfast on the table, trying to get the thought out of her head. Then she sat down and ate her food, waiting for her mom to get up as well.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoban Sunlerdon opened his eyes, he sat on the bed and wondered were he was. As looked around the room, he found out he must be in an infirmary, or a like. He didn't know how he got into the place, well at least not until after he looked out the windows and saw asteroids. He remembered the crash and guessed someone picked him up. He didn't see any, but he could see his clothes piled up in a corner. He walked to the clothes, it was a rather slow walk due he felt problems with his balance the first steps, but got back to a normal walking state pretty fast. He grabbed his clothes and noticed that his lightsabers were still attached on his clothes. Hoban got dressed and found his way out.

He didn't run into a lot of people, but had noticed after the peek through the window that many were working outside. He didn't have any memory of people mining the asteroids, but tried not to think to much of it. After awhile he reached a docking bay in the mining facility. The dock officer approached to him.

"Hello there! I'm Lee, the dock officer here, aren't you the guy we picked up before?"

"I guess, and I'd like to thank you very much for the help, I'll repay as soon as I can, but for now I need to get out of here. Are there any ships going to Coruscant, or perhaps Onderon?"

"Sorry, no. But there is a ship leaving for Dantooine soon, I guess that's the furthest away we can take you." Hoban thought awhile and came to think of the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine, and considered maybe that would do just fine.

"That'll do, thanks a lot!" he said as he smiled and bowed for the dock master. And in a few minutes he was on the ship to Dantooine.

---

They finally reached Dantooine and landed. Hoban thanked for the lift and started to walk towards the Jedi Enclave. He felt that something was diffrent, he could feel the force in Dantooine, yet it was weaker than he remembered.

He reached the place of the Jedi Enclave, but couldn't find it. He was absolutley certain he was at the right location, but no Jedi's were to spoted. He couldn't feel the presence of any Jedi's either, although he could feel that there were someone not to far away. Someone... He wasn't the strongest in this area, but someone was out there. He stopped a local and asked about the Jedi Enclave.

"What are you? Drunk?" the local asked and laughed.

"No, but last time I was here, there was an Enclave here." Hoban looked serious on the man, who just shook his head and walked away from Hoban as fast as he could. Hoban didn't understand, the Enclave should be right as his location. He could feel it! He went to nearest bench and sat on it as he stared at the Enclave's postition. He just got more and more confused. 'How long was I out?' he thought to himself.

Rella, Naja's mom, finally got up, and came to the kitchen, finding out that breakfast was made. "Good morning, sweetie. Nice day."

Naja nodded, never looking up at her mom. Rella sensed that something was wrong, and sat across the table. "Naja... I know what you're thinking. Yes, the Sith are coming back. I've sensed it too. But don't let that bother you. I'm sure someone will stop them."

"Like who, mom? Who will stop the Sith from rising again? I've tried to figure out on how to become a Jedi again, so that---"

"Naja, we have to keep a low profile. You know that some of their minions even come on Dantooine because they think we're weak! If your father was here..." Rella sighed, trying to hide the tears. "It's a good thing we hide the Force well."

Naja got up angrily. "Maybe I don't want to hide it. Maybe I want to help the Galaxy once more." She grabbed her bag that was by the door. "I'm gonna go to work now. See ya later, mom." After that, the young woman left the kitchen, and went out the door.

Rella sat there, placing her hands on her face sadly.

Diabolas looked down upon the cowaring man, laying his back on the floor... weak. He raised a shakey hand. "Please... do not do this!"

Diabolas sliced his saber across. He looked away from his murdered victim into the orange horizon, and the fields with the dead slaughtered by an army of Sith Forces. His first comander walked beside the squad leader. "The planet it is now showing no sign of further resistance against our forces, sir!"

Diabolas didn't say anything. He just grunted and nodded with satisfaction, but didn't smile. His master would be very pleased of their accomplishment.

Though he was biologically 2 years old from extraction, he had quite an expansive knowledge of the galaxy, and the way of life... and death. Even though he never truely had them, and that they belonged to somebody else, he has memories of a life being among his people before they were completely extinct. He was a modified clone, afterall.

"Get me my shuttle, commander... My work here is done!"

Naja was by a tree in the fields, picking berries for food and her special pie dessert. As she picked them, her mind ran so rapidly, that it bothered her.

She knew that the Force kept calling her, telling her that she was chosen to stop the Sith. There may have been others out there who were also willing to stop them. Even she believed a Skywalker was still out there. But what about her mother? What about their new life? This bothered Naja greatly.

The young woman sighed. Then she left to go to her favorite spot, which was the bridge. Once she got there, Naja set the basket of berries on the ground, and rested her arms on the smooth concrete of the bridge.

"Oh father... if you were here... what would you do?" Naja thought, looking down at the river that ran calmly.

After sitting on the bench all morning, Hoban rised up. He thought he couldn't spend the entire day wondering what had happend to the Jedi Enclave. He was about to check if there were any ships to Coruscant, went he got a hunch. He wasn't sure if it was the force or not, but something told him to go to a certain location of Dantooine. He didn't really know where, but he borrowed a speeder bike. Or rather he stole a speeder bike, from someone who didn't appear to be nice, one he saw treating people around him like nothing.

After riding the speeder bike a while, he arrived to a field, which looked like a farming field. Hoban saw a young woman sitting by the river, he stepped of the bike and smiled as he removed the dust from his Jedi Robes. He sneaked up behind the girl, and found out she looked troubled.

"Hello there!" he said "This is beautiful place and beautiful day...how can such a beautiful woman as yourself, look so troubled?" Hoban sat down next to her.

Sniping a target in day light was not Null's thing, but this was his only chance. His HUD cracked to life in his Mandalorian helmet. The target was in that building all Null had to do was wait. He had his Deece in his arms holding it like a baby. He placed the sniper attachment on his Deece and looked through the scope. He zoomed in and looked at the large house where his target was. He had a clear shot of the nearby balcony but even then he wasn't convinced it was perfect. He had been tracking this Rodian for a week now following her every movement. She was a corrupt politican who was messing with the good people of Dantooine, Null couldn't resist taking this contract up. His HUD began flashing in his helmet, there was movement going on in that house. Through his scope he saw the Rodian woman walk out to the balcony to get a view of the outside world... it was a shame it was her last view. Null took aim at her head and fired; the shot went through her head and kept going. He watched as the Rodian stood there for a second and then dropped to the ground. He smiled at the sight of someone dying for death was a joke to him and he delivered the punch lines. Null rose from his prone position and unattached the sniper attachment placing it at his side. He walked down the steps and exited the building as if he had no idea what had just happened. He walked up to his speeder which he parked on the other side of the street and got on. He placed his Deece on his back and turned the speeder on. Null took off on his speeder and headed for a cantina of some type...killing a being makes for thirsty work

((Actually, I was standing on the bridge. But don't worry, Nymf... I can fix that. :) ))

Later, Naja could be seen sitting on the grass by the river. She took off her boots to feel the cool water on her feet. But sadly, her mind was still depressed about the events going on with the Sith. Suddenly, Naja heard a voice from behind.

"Hello there!" he said "This is beautiful place and beautiful day...how can such a beautiful woman as yourself, look so troubled?"

Naja glanced at her side, surprised, as a young stranger sat beside her. She smiled sadly. "Oh. Hello. You must be new around here. Well... I'm just a little upset about my life, that's all." She looked down timidly, brushing a strand of hair from her eyes.

((Ahh...Sorry, and thank you! Rookie misstake ;)))

"Oh. Hello. You must be new around here. Well... I'm just a little upset about my life, that's all."

"I'm sorry to hear that! But truth to be told, there is no reason to be upset over one's life at young age. There are often many possibilities to change your life, the only time to get upset, is at old age and because you didn't change it. Or as my old master use to put it; 'Every day, and every person you meet is an opportunity itself!'" he said, yet unsure of wether this was about to cheer her up, or not. But he didn't want to force her of telling, if she didn't want to.

Hoban grabbed a small rock and threw into the river, and watch the rings in the water. "I...uhmm...I was wondering if you could help me..." He said slowly "I'm looking for the Jedi Enclave, but I can't find it... Do you know where it is?"

He didn't really like that everything had changed so much since his last visit to Dantooine.

((That's okay, Nymf... That happen sometimes. And Atris? Could you use punctuation marks, please? You know, like periods, question marks, commas, parentheses, those sort of things? It'll be more easier for other people to read your posts. Thank you! :) ))

Naja looked at the young man. She smiled at the fact that somebody cheered her up. It was a good thing for someone new like him to talk to. But then she remembered his question.

"Well... the Jedi Enclave was torn down about... hundreds or thousands of years ago. Why?" she replied, curiously.

Naja could tell that he was a Jedi. By him wearing the Jedi Robes, he really did look like a Jedi. It's been sometime since she even wore Jedi Robes.

"Well... the Jedi Enclave was torn down about... hundreds or thousands of years ago. Why?"

hundreds or thousands... hundreds or thousands.... The words repeated inside his head, and he whispered them at the same time. His pupils got smaller. She isn't lieing... he thought.

"I'm sorry!" he said after a few minutes of silence. "I haven't introduced myself! The name's Hoban Sunlerdon, but I'm more known as Sunshine. I'm a Jedi Knight." he stretched out his hand for to the woman. "Now when you say 'hundreds or thousands of years ago' what do you mean? What year is this?" Sunshine started to feel more and more confused, yet he didn't really feel suprised.

Rhigar was always this desolate as an ice planet. Torn couldn't see how the Chiss could put up with such low temperatures. Though now was completely not a good time to worry about the cold. Imperial Knight Torn, and his partner and best friend Ashlen, were ambushed by a party of Sith Forces. The dark jedi raised their Lighsabers in attack position, ready to strike out at their opponents.

Ashlen put up a good fight against them. She swung her silver bladed Lightsaber against the enemy, giving critical strikes and flurries. Torn took his good share of dark Jedi as well; he was a natural with the usage of a lightsaber. Both knights also posseded excelent mastery with the force.

The dark Jedi before them were slain, and fell to the ground. Sith were so predictable at times. "That won't be the last of them..." Ashlen muttered. Torn agreed with a hum.

"We should split up, then. We've got two small groups to the west and south..." Torn reached out with his senses. "You take the south..."

Ashlen nodded and ran south from him. He hoped she would be alright.

It was meerly a short distance, when Torn found the attackers. What these reestablished Sith were doing on Rhigar was a very good question, Torn thought. But all would be clear when he starts interogating a survivor of his Lightsaber. He launched himself into attack and began his rampage. These Sith put up a good chalenge: they were alot more stronger than the ones he and Ashlen encountered. Torn ducked just in time to dodge a swinging blade. Though there were only three, they all managed to wound Torn. With all his strength, Torn used Force Wave to swift all three away and threw his lightsaber to slash across three sith. He called his saber back, and felt a disturbance in the force... Ashlen was in trouble.

Torn ran as quickly as he could, using Force Speed to hurry himself up to Ashlen's spot, but never realised how severly wounded he really was. In the distance, he saw Three Sith; two were wearing black cloaks, and one of them (the tallest one) had red skin and carried a purple Lightsaber. He helled it near the heart of his victim, which lay on the snowy ground. Torn watched with horror, but was too weak to do anything else.

"You are beaten, Imperal Knight!" the Sith taunted. He lunged his saber through her stomach. Torn felt a mixture of anger and horror course through his veins. With all his little remaining strength he had left, he swung himself against sith... but fell down from exhaustion. The Sith smiled cruely down at him. One of his acomplices raised there blade to kill Torn, but the leader halted his action.

"Leave him! He is already dying, its best to let him suffer his last minutes..."

The red sith knealt down beside Torn. "The last words you will here from me! I am Diabolas; remember that name for the last remaining moments of your insignificant life!" The three sith left the scene. Torn crawled towards Ashlen's body, and held her hand as she coughed and muttered her last words. "I'm sorry..." her eyes rolled to the back of her head. Torn switched his transmitter to call the other Knights. "Why?" he muttered.

"...Why? I am the one who selected the mission..." Torn muttered as he stared out of the porthole of his cabin onboard the freighter", staring out into the blackness of space. "I am the one who tagged you along..."

The loud speaker in his room announced a message from the captain. "We'll be arriving at Dantooine in a few moments..."

Bzz. Snore. Bzz. Snore. Bzz. An annoyed grunt. Bz- a slap. The fly didn't get to fully say it as the old Jedi, still in his bed, slapped it, annoyed that he couldn't sleep. Right now, were he a child, we would of been reminded by his master: "Use the Force, Dalenn!" Too bad he wasn't a Jedi. At least not anymore.

A loud yawn echoed through the small house...hut...whatever. Anyway, Dalenn immediately left the bed for the door to see the bright sunlight of morning... or the already slowly dying sun, paving way for the darkness of the night. It wasn't exactly 7 o' clock but well, the sun had already reached it's highest point.

"Guess i drank too many cups last night," The Twi'lek grumbled, massaging his head with his hand, trying to shake the headache away.

"Well, let's wake up, shall we?" He then said, preparing himself for his cattle.

Null's speeder raced down the streets of Dantooine; When you killed someone you had to get out of there as quickly as possible. He drove his speeder to nearest cantina and parked it on the side. He then activated the built in mine on his speeder in case someone tried to steal it. He walked to the front door before he was stopped by a human guard.

"No weapons allowed in here," the guard said to him.

"That's too bad, I guess you'll have to take them from me," Null responded.

The human charged Null with full force only to have his head collide with Null's knee. "Gah!" the human screamed as he doubled over in pain. Null then landed a kick to his gut forcing the human jerk his head up in pain. Null then finished him off with an uppercut to the jaw forcing the human to the ground.

"You.... you can go in," the human said as passed out from Null's beating.

Null stepped over the guard and walked into the cantina. He found a seat by the bar and sat down.

"Back so soon," remarked the bartender

"Were you expecting me to come later?"

"No not really... do you want the usual?"

"That would be nice. Remind your guards to stop trying to fight me, it doesn't end well for them."

"Don't tell me you beat up another one?"

"No, he beat himself up this time"

The bartender handed him some Mandalorian Wine which Null drank rather quickly. Null gave the bartender some credits for the drink and stood up. He exited the cantina and moved to his speeder. He deactivated the mine and hopped back on. His next destination was to check and see what his weapons dealer had to offer. Null's speeder was about to take off when he was approached by a small Twi'lek child.

"Excuse me are you Mr. Null?" the little girl asked.

Null took off his helmet as to not scare the child and looked down at her.

"Why yes I am, is there something you need?"

"I don't need anything I just wanted to thank you for saving our school."

Null had forgotten about about that incident with that "sith".

"Anything for a pretty face like yours" Null responded.

The girl giggled and ran away. Null liked when people came up to him like that, it made him feel important. After realizing he was getting side tracked he put his helmet back on and took off on his speeder. He left the city and was now in the rural area. He made turns left and right until he eyed a second speeder. Null figured it was another customer but how did they find his spot? He parked his speeder and looked to see if the Ithorian was there or not. He looked and saw a man and woman probably a couple sitting by the river. He looked closely at the man and noticed his robes, he was a jedi no doubt about it. He then looked at the woman, she seemed familiar to him but he couldn't remember where he had seen her or who she was.

"I'm looking for the Jedi Enclave, but I can't find it... Do you know where it is?"

Null couldn't stop himself from laughing, the guy actually thought the Jedi Enclave was still around. Even Null knew the Jedi Enclave didn't exist anymore and he wasn't even a jedi. He had some time to kill before his weapons dealer arrived so he decided to talk to this very confused jedi.

He began walking towards him when he heard the jedi say,"What year is this?" He laughed even harder this time.

"I take it you're not from around here friend, its the year 160 ABY"

"Now when you say 'hundreds or thousands of years ago' what do you mean? What year is this?"

The young woman stared at Hoban, aka Sunshine, confused as well. If he was a Jedi, shouldn't he had known what happened to the Jedi Enclave? Before Naja could answer, another voice interrupted.

"I take it you're not from around here friend, its the year 160 ABY."

Naja glanced up, and saw a Mandalorian. She haven't seen them for quite sometime. The young woman chuckled nervously, and glanced back at Hoban. "Yes. Like he said. By the way, I'm Naja Ross," she said to the two men.

She curiously looked at Hoban. "Um... I know this is gonna sound crazy. But... are you from a different time?" Naja asked, scratching her head.

"I take it you're not from around here friend, its the year 160 ABY"

Sunshine didn't move when the mandalorian approached them, but he started to finger on one of his lightsabers.

"Yes. Like he said. By the way, I'm Naja Ross," she said to the two men.

"Pleasure to meet you!"

"Um... I know this is gonna sound crazy. But... are you from a different time?" Naja asked, scratching her head.

He looked her in the eyes. "Never heard of ABY. Last thing I remember is that I was in a spacebattle against Malak, Revan's apprentice. So, you tell me!"

Null watched as the jedi moved for his lightsaber. He began to wonder if this jedi was from this time or thought he was living in some other time where a mando was an enemy.

"Never heard of ABY. Last thing I remember is that I was in a spacebattle against Malak, Revan's apprentice. So, you tell me!"

"My friend you clearly aren't from this time. Revan, and Malak have been dead for a long time now. I should also inform you that the Mandalorian Wars has been over for a long time now, otherwise I wouldn't have approached you so carelessly like that. I can assure you I mean you and Miss Ross no harm. Look I'm suppose to be meeting someone here but after that I'll be more than happy to take you to see some Jedi, maybe they can help you out"

Null's words were true, he had no problem with jedi. In fact he kind of liked them seeing that he had the same goal as them which was restoring peace.

"My friend you clearly aren't from this time. Revan, and Malak have been dead for a long time now. I should also inform you that the Mandalorian Wars has been over for a long time now, otherwise I wouldn't have approached you so carelessly like that. I can assure you I mean you and Miss Ross no harm. Look I'm suppose to be meeting someone here but after that I'll be more than happy to take you to see some Jedi, maybe they can help you out"

"Jedis? I think I need a break from Jedi life a moment, apparently I need to straighten out things before Jedi contact." he sighed "Many Jedi's tend to make it to complicated, even for me." Hoban said as he scratched his head.

"Anyway, you got an approximation of how long ago... how many years I've missed out? Like I said, I was fighting against Revan and Malaks fleet... So since you seems to be familiar with the Mandalorian Wars, do you know how many years ago it ended? And what is the current situation in the galaxy?"

"Questionable aren't we? I'll start with the Mandalorian Wars then. The Mandalorian Wars began roughly around 3,976 BBY and ended six years later in 3,970 BBY. So if Revan was around that time I'm guessing you've missed about 4,136 years give or take. As of right now the Galaxy was at peace but I've heard rumors the Sith are trying to come back again."

Null stopped and looked back at the woman that was sitting on the river. He really thought he had seen this woman somewhere, perhaps in the cantina or on the streets.

"I'm sorry Miss Ross but I can't shake the feeling I've seen you somewhere before, does the name Null ring a bell to you?"

"I'm sorry Miss Ross but I can't shake the feeling I've seen you somewhere before, does the name Null ring a bell to you?"

Naja glanced up at Null, and cocked her head. Had she seen him anywhere before? She heard about a Mercenary named Null that saved a school here on Dantooine before.

"Well... I did hear that a Null guy saved the local school here," Naja replied.

It was strange. Yet amazing. When you've heard someone saved a school from someone cold-hearted, you become astounded yourself. But Naja knew that sure enough, this was probably the guy.

Suddenly, she almost forgot about her duties. "Oh man! I've gotta get these berries back to my house, before they spoil!" The young woman got up, and picked up her basket of berries. Then she turned back to the two men.

"You guys are more welcomed to stay over my house. I'm sure my mom won't mind. If that's all right with you two..."

Torn stared out of the cockpit window, his crew mates watching overlooking the planet Dantooine below. The captain grunted. "Alright men, we'll be landing on the surface soon. I'd prepare right now."

The crew, including Torn, left the cockpit, leaving the captain to steer the ship. Torn walked to his quarters to grab his weapons; his Lightsabers and Blasters. He clipped on his utility belt which held his small medpacks and extra ammunition.

Torn felt the turbulance of entering Dantooine's atmosphere, then slowly stablised to normal. The freighter landed in the Khoonda docking pad, and the crew of four stepped out. "Alright, lets rebrief on the mission..." said Beq, the first mate. "Head over to the Old Jedi Enclave ruins to take care of the secret gang of thugs!"

Torn has never been to Dantooine before, nor has he ever heard about the old Jedi Enclave, likely empty and now used as a base for the thugs they are suppposed to be hunting down. "Alright, lets get going..." said Torn.

"Questionable aren't we? I'll start with the Mandalorian Wars then. The Mandalorian Wars began roughly around 3,976 BBY and ended six years later in 3,970 BBY. So if Revan was around that time I'm guessing you've missed about 4,136 years give or take. As of right now the Galaxy was at peace but I've heard rumors the Sith are trying to come back again."

Hoban just starred at the water, he felt confused, yet somehow not. He knew that his master would just say that the force had a reason for this... which would come clear one day. 4,136 years... A long time. And Sith around the corner...

"Oh man! I've gotta get these berries back to my house, before they spoil!" The young woman got up, and picked up her basket of berries. Then she turned back to the two men.

"You guys are more welcomed to stay over my house. I'm sure my mom won't mind. If that's all right with you two..." Hoban jumped up.

"I would love to, miss. However I don't want to be a trouble... Oh and allow me..." he said as he took the basket.

Naja smiled as Hoban offered to take the basket of berries. "Why thank you, Hoban." She then turned to Null. "So... are you still gonna wait for that weapons dealer, Null?" Naja rubbed her neck nervously.

She saw a freighter go down on the Khoonda docking pad, but couldn't make out what ship it was. It's been a while since anybody visited Dantooine. But some of the Sith would come and boss people around here sometimes, which really bothered the young woman. Naja shrugged the thought off.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting in the passenger seat of the Sith shuttle, Darth Zula watches as the other Sith minions come in the shuttle. It's been a long day. But it was satisfying to see that another planet was going to obey the Sith more.

Zula thought that if a planet would refuse to obey the New Dark Lord, the Sith would make them slaves, making them work on Korriban to build a New Sith Empire.

The Sith woman sat on the seat, smiling coldly at the thought that Krayt's "vision" of the Galaxy being in order would be fulfilled.

"You must be some kind of jedi yourself Miss Ross, because I don't remember saying I was meeting a weapons dealer... just someone. Yes I was suppose to be meeting my weapons dealer here but it looks like he's not coming. My guess is he's afraid of pretty girls, or possibly time traveling jedi."

Null's HUD began to freak out in his helmet. A large object appeared out of no where and was moving close rather quickly. He looked behind him and saw a freighter getting ready to dock.

"That's strange, you never see freighters here anymore but then again I haven't been here in a while. I kinda want to go check that freighter out, anyone else in?"

Archived