Home

Star Wars: Hope and Courage

Naja started to get worried. Great, first she read his mind about a weapons dealer, now she's discovered to be a Jedi. She just hoped that Null kept it a secret and not say anything about it to anyone. She decided to explain everything to him later.

"That's strange, you never see freighters here anymore but then again I haven't been here in a while. I kinda want to go check that freighter out, anyone else in?"

The young woman thought about it. Then she nodded. “Okay. But we gotta hurry.” And with that, Naja walked off to where the freighter was to see what was going on. She then turned to Hoban. “Be careful with the berries,” she said, smiling.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Null watched Naja begin to walk towards the freighter. It seemed like a very long walk and Null didn't want to walk for that long. He watched the jedi go to pick berries which had to be the funniest thing he had seen in a long time. After laughing to himself he turned around and walked to his speeder. He turned the speeder on and rode up next to Naja.

"Do you want a ride, it seems like a very long walk. Don't worry my speeder is perfectly safe."

The old Jedi enclave wouldn't be that far of a walk, according to what the crew had been told. Afterall, they have been given a map of the area. Speeders probably wouldn't be that much necasary, afterall they could do with the exercise.

Torn looked over the plains of Dantooine, and the colony built around the Khoonda Office. But that obviously was not on his mind at the moment. He could feel the presence of two force sensitives near-by. Quite probable and unsuprising, as Dantooine was a place that was once roaming with Jedi. He didn't know that much about Dantooine, nor its history.

The crew began to walk off the court yard and head straight for the bridge over the river.

“Be careful with the berries,” she said, smiling.

"Yes, ma'am!" Hoban said smiling, as he placed the basked on the speederbike.

After making sure the basket stood safe he grabbed his lightsabers. "Better make sure these are still working, hehe!" he said and activated them. A blue and a green blade gave a mighty glow. Or atleast appeared mighty to Hoban, he had missed them, even if it felt as he had used them just the day before.

After de-activating the sabers, he place himself on the bike, and made sure once again that the basket wouldn't fall off, nor the berries fall out. "Ok! I'm ready to go!"

"Do you want a ride, it seems like a very long walk. Don't worry my speeder is perfectly safe."

Naja smiled, when Null came by her side with his speeder. "Oh... all right. Thank you very much." She got in, and strapped herself in. After that, she glanced at Hoban. Then she looked at Null.

"Okay. Let's go!" Naja was very excited that she was going on an adventure with new friends. This made her happy. For a long time, she's been farming. But now, it was time for adventure.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The shuttle was almost ready for departure. Zula got up, and walked towards where Diabolas was at. The Sith made her twitchy a little bit, but she knew that she was tough as well. She proceeded her way towards him.

When she got to him, she stood straight, looking up at the scary, tall squad leader. "Hello, sir. I was wondering... where do we go next for our... how should I say it? Reign to victory?" Zula asked, smirking.

"Oh... all right. Thank you very much."

Null waited for Naja to strap herself in before he took off in the speeder. For some added fun he went faster than he had before. He turned his head for a second to Naja.

"Are you holding up alright?"

When he turned his head around he saw a group of people walking towards them. Null instantly hit the breaks as to not hit the group and stopped the speeder right in front of them.

"That was way too close" he said to Naja before turning to the group. he raised his Deece and pointed it at the group.

"I'd like to know who you people are and what your doing here."

It was rash Null knew that but you can't trust outsiders, Null knew that being one himself.

Torn just barely evaded the breaking Speeder Bike driven by some Mandalorian and a girl sitting on the back. "Perfect..." he thought. "A greeting party"

"I'd like to know who you people are and what your doing here."

"We're trying to avoid the dangerous safety hazards made from your skills with a speeder bike..." Torn remarked. "Anyway, not that its any of your concern..."

Beq walked up to them. "This is mercenary business, nothing you'd want to get yourself involved in! We're heading for the old Jedi enclave to take care of some business..."

"Hello, sir. I was wondering... where do we go next for our... how should I say it? Reign to victory?"

Diabolas stared down at her, sensing her slight fear of him. Strange enough, and here he thought she had more authority than him. He was a modified clone, afterall.

"That decision is left with our master, though I assume we continue to conquer worlds that are not under Imperial Control. Such would be foolish..." He walked up the ramp of the shuttle.

"This is mercenary business, nothing you'd want to get yourself involved in! We're heading for the old Jedi enclave to take care of some business..."

"That's good because I'm a merc myself, what kind of buisness are we talking here because if it pays well I'd like to help out. As for my speeder skills, you'd drive like that too if you had someone like her on the back of it. I've been here a long time and chances are this is your first visit. You won't know the area as well as us and we can take you to the old Jedi Enclave easily, I just need to know what side you're on."

He kept his Deece pointed at the men seeing that they really didn't answer his question, he waited for Naja to do something.

Why hasn't she taken her lightsaber out yet? he thought to himself.

Hoban stepped of the speederbike, grabbed the basket and walked towards Naja and Null.

"Sorry for the delay! I had to slow down for the berries." he started as he suddenly looked up. "Oh! They don't look all to friendly."

Hoban placed the basket in Null's speeder. "Be careful!" he whispered to Null "At least one of them has got lightsabers." Hoban looked the brownhaired man in a blackarmor, in the eyes and smiled.

"That's good because I'm a merc myself, what kind of buisness are we talking here because if it pays well I'd like to help out."

"You wanna help out?" said Beq. "Now that is suprising considering we don't know each other... or at least I think we don't know each other, given you're wearing that Mandalorian helmet" he smiled. "Anyway, you could say we're dealing with local thugs that need to be pest controlled..."

"I've been here a long time and chances are this is your first visit. You won't know the area as well as us and we can take you to the old Jedi Enclave easily, I just need to know what side you're on."

"Well, its great and all you know the area. But would you happen to know the enclave from inside and out?" Torn asked. "And in answer to your second question, you could say we're with neither side. We're not very politically social, you see... Satisfied?"

After finishing up work at his farm, Dalenn grabbed a small bag and headed out for the old Jedi Enclave. It was nearby and whenever he was there, Dalenn always felt a sense of peace, tranquility, harmony. Whenever he was there, every problem just...disappeared, just like that...

That combined with a few drinks in the bag makes a very lovely afternoon. Of course, he couldn't forget his blaster, just in case, to protect himself from the occasional kath hound attack, although, when you are an adept in using the Force, you don't really need a blaster. Besides, they can be nice for companion...Sometimes.

Though, Dalenn felt a small vibration, a disturbance in the Force. Probably nothing, since the Force is always like that...

Naja slowly stepped off Null's speeder bike, and stood there, nervously looking at the other mercenaries. She cleared her throat. "Excuse me... but... you say that there are thugs by the Old Jedi Enclave? That's odd."

She scratched her head nervously. "Hm. Well... I should be getting back to my mother. But if you all need help, I can help as well." Naja smiled, waiting for the leader of the merc's answer.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Zula raised her eyebrows. At least he didn't Force choke her or anything, which was a good sign. The Sith woman chuckled. "Whatever you say. Squad leader." Zula chuckled under her breath.

She then walked up the ramp, as the door closed behind her. It was time to gain control of another world. One that wasn't under Imperial Control as Diabolas said.

Red has done well keeping himself unnoticed. He has passed by all of the Sith and all of the clone troops with ease. He's been following the groups of terrorists for days now, tracking their every movement around the galaxy. Red has witnessed a lot of terrible things, but what the Sith have done to the life on the planets they visit tortures him inside; it makes him feel uncomfortable.

"Woe to you all," he thought, extending his feelings throughout the life surrounding him.

The Vigilance dropped out of hyperspace in high orbit over the planet, the rest of Task Force Redemption slowly appearing around them. The planet was in ruins, you didn't need deep surface scans for that. No traffic to and from the planet, just absolute stillness and silence.

"Lieutenant Seager." The Sullustan sensor officer glanced up at him. "Boost sensitivity by fifty percent and keep an eye out for any signs of ships. Ensign Savali, give the order to deploy Hellhound and High Flight Squadrons, and place our marine contingent on the shuttles. Lieutenant Forghen, charge all weapons and raise shields. All hands to battle stations."

A wailing klaxon began squealing, but Kadis tuned it out. He'd heard this wail enough times that it wasn't even there anymore.

"Marine units are on the shuttles."

"Transmit the coordinates from which we received the distress signal, and relay any information back to the ship. Do not keep me waiting."

"Yes, Admiral."

This was the most recent in a series of devastated worlds on the outer edges of Alliance space. Kadis gripped the arms of his chair, enraged. He wanted a fight. Task Force Redemption was hand picked by him, the best and the brightest of the Third Fleet. While Rear Admiral Thanmer, his Sullustan second-in-command led the main body of the Fleet through the Koornacht Cluster, he was in the outer edges of civilization, hunting ghosts.

Several long and tedious minutes passed in silence on the Bridge. Then,

"Admiral, receiving live telemetry from Major Koth."

"Put it on the main projector."

With a whistle, the image came online. It was the view from a helmet-based holocam, surveying the carnage. Corpses strewn everywhere. "It's a mess down here. The communications terminal looks like it got hit from an orbital barrage about thirty seconds after they sent their distress call."

"Any sign of what killed the colonists, Major?"

"Blasters, turbolasers, some vibroblade wounds...nothing surprising."

"Take a mold of ten of the blaster wounds and make sure there aren't any anomalous injuries. Amphistaff wounds, thud bugs, lightsabers...I'm sure you know the drill."

"Yes, Admiral. I'll report back in twenty minutes. Koth out."

"Hm. Well... I should be getting back to my mother. But if you all need help, I can help as well."

Torn wasn't sure whether to trust these people. Then again, he supposed they could all use a little extra muscle with dealing with the gangsters hidden within the enclave. "Can you handle a blaster, or something?" he asked.

Beq raised his eye-brows. "Hmmm... I guess we could use a little extra muscle." he said aloud. "But how can we trust you? We don't know you well enough to take some of our share of the bounty."

"Can you handle a blaster, or something?"

Naja smiled and nodded. "Sure. I have one right here in my bag, just in case I needed it for something." She then glanced at the other mercenaries.

"Hmmm... I guess we could use a little extra muscle." he said aloud. "But how can we trust you? We don't know you well enough to take some of our share of the bounty."

The young woman waved her hands, and shook her head. "Oh no, no, no! I just wanna help. Not for the bounty. Just because it's the right thing to do. And don't worry. We won't do anything suspicious around you guys." Naja turned, and looked at Hoban and Null. "We promise."

She looked back at the mercenaries. "By the way, I'm Naja Ross."

"Koth here."

"Report, Major."

The Major stepped into the holocam visual. "We took the molds as you ordered. Military-grade hardware, sir, a lot of very powerful guns. Some signs of capital ship and mid-range hardware, starfighter or armored vehicle. Nothing we haven't seen before. But this time, we may have gotten a lucky break, Admiral."

The burly Marine knelt down and tugged a body into visual. "His hand and throat were sliced through and partially cauterized, wounds consistent with lightsaber injuries."

"...Are you certain, Major?"

"As certain as I can be. There were a few others, we're loading them into bodybags and putting them on the shuttle."

"Get back to the Vigilance. Lieutenant, any sign of contacts?"

"Negative, Admiral."

"Helm, prepare to take us out of orbit. Open a Holocomm channel with Coruscant, and plot a course for the Zhar System."

"Aye, sir."

He headed for his private communication suite, the face of the Supreme Commander of the GADF hovered a few feet off the ground.

"Admiral Thorn, report."

"We've gathered some valuable intel. We haven't made a positive identification of the shadow forces attacking our borders, but they're well equipped, a considerable amount of military grade hardware and at least one Force-Wielder. I think we have to consider the possibility that the Empire is behind this."

"Do you have anything concrete? A downed Predator fighter, perhaps?"

"No, Admiral."

"Then for the time being, we will maintain absolute secrecy about this. The Empire must not be aware of our trouble protecting our borders. Continue your search."

"Sir..."

"Out."

The holocomm clicked off and the image vanished. Thorn bashed his fist against the wall. The intercomm clicked on. "Admiral, the marines are onboard."

"Take us out, Helm."

"Coordinates set to the Zhar System. Aye, sir."

Red has been following the shuttle of Diablos for a long while. He's been tracking him since near the beginning of their venture to reign over planets and take complete control. Red truly didn't have the single thought in the world he would accomplish by following the Sith, but he flows more with his feelings than his thoughts.

"Blue, what are we doing?" Red asked allowed in the lonely cockpit of his ship. There was no response.

"By the way, I'm Naja Ross."

"I'm Torn Al'reqq..." he pointed to himself. Then he introduced Beq, the first mate, and the other crew members.

A brief silence was made. Then Torn made a sugestion to Naja. "Look no offence, but you don't look very... prepared for you're about to face. You certain you don't wanna wear something protective under that robe-thing of yours? The enclave is going to be very dangerous!"

Naja grinned. Although in the outside she looked like a plain farm girl... but in the inside, she was a Jedi. She knew that she could use her Force powers to protect them and herself from any danger. The young woman chuckled heartily.

"Don't worry. Underneath this Farm girl, I'm as tough as a Murglak itself!" Naja grinned. "Besides, I've got a secret weapon..."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Inside the Sith shuttle, an image on the hologram appeared in front of the Sith minions. It was a hooded figure with black cloak covered around the person. All the minions bowed down. As did Zula.

The person in the hologram was the Dark Lord of the Sith. "I sense you have all completed your mission. Where is Diabolas?" It was a male voice.

Null finally lowered his Deece but still kept it in his arms just incase.

"Don't worry. Underneath this Farm girl, I'm as tough as a Murglak itself!" Naja grinned. "Besides, I've got a secret weapon..."

"Yeah... you're a freakin jedi," Null thought to himself.

"I sware on my Mandalorian honor that I will not betray you, besides you're on no side so what use would it be to me. You don't have to worry about Naja here, I've seen her kill a Gamorrean with her bare hands."

If a Mando saw something happen, he saw it happen so hopefully that lie would work. The jedi behind him had been quiet, Null wondered if the jedi trusted these people yet or not. He did want to shoot something though so he hoped this group would get a move on already.

Naja turned, and looked at Hoban and Null. "We promise."

Hoban didn't say anything but removed his hand from the lightsaber.

"I sware on my Mandalorian honor that I will not betray you, besides you're on no side so what use would it be to me. You don't have to worry about Naja here, I've seen her kill a Gamorrean with her bare hands."

Hoban smiled, but he tried not to laugh. He had seen Mandalorian honor, even if it was known to him that they often were loyal. And what almost made im burst of in laughter, was his lie about Naja. He considered killing Gamorreans were a bit to the extreme. But Hoban managed to get a hold of himself from laughter.

"Anyway," he said "I will come a long, I have my own business there. However if something is about to happend to Naja, or anyone else for that matters, we look after them. Now I don't ask you to trust me, but I find myself more trustworthy than someone controlled by money." He turned to Naja "Just a tiny, tiny question; what about the berries?"

"Uh, yeah... secret weapon..." Torn muttered, as he looked at the Lightsaber clipped to Naja's belt. "Dead give away" he thought.

"Heh, promising words of honor coming from a Mandalorian." said Beq, smiling. "Something thats lived through their code for generations. You guys seem okay to me."

"I will come a long, I have my own business there. However if something is about to happend to Naja, or anyone else for that matters, we look after them. Now I don't ask you to trust me, but I find myself more trustworthy than someone controlled by money."

"We never exactly implied you people were greedy or anything..." Torn stated. "But sure, tag along. We could do with another Jedi..." Torn put a half-amused look across his face. "Oh, yes. I have senses too..." he revealed his two Lightsabers clipped to his belt.

"I sense you have all completed your mission. Where is Diabolas?"

Diabolas stepped from the shadows and into the view of facing the hologram. "Your bidding is accomplished, my master. I believe since the begining of our conquest, we have conquered more than 10 worlds not under Imperial Control by my estimation."

He crossed his arms. "Though this planet we overtook took alot of effort to bend to our will. Their have been some resitance against our forces."

"We never exactly implied you people were greedy or anything..." Torn stated. "But sure, tag along. We could do with another Jedi..." Torn put a half-amused look across his face. "Oh, yes. I have senses too..." he revealed his two Lightsabers clipped to his belt

Hoban observed his own outfit, the Jedi Robes and lightsabers. "I know you are a force-sensitive, but please tell me you didn't need those to find out that I'm a Jedi..." Hoban said and smiled. "Now tell me, what is your true purpose in the Enclave, if you are looking for something inside... I might know where to find it, especially if it is something... old."

Naja started to giggle, when Null mentioned about her "killing a Gamorrean with her bare hands". It was pretty funny. But she nodded her head in agreement to play along.

"Just a tiny, tiny question; what about the berries?"

Naja glanced at Hoban and smiled. "Just leave them on Null's speeder. It'll be all right. I'll place a sheet over them when we go with these guys."

When she saw Torn look at her belt, she forgot that her lightsaber was on it!

Her mother always told her, "Naja? Keep your Jedi identity a secret. Never let anyone know your potential in the Force. Since we are now farmers, never reveal your Jedi identity." Alas, she did.

Naja quickly took her lightsaber off, and placed it inside her bag. Then she began to blush, embarrassed.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sure they've learned their lesson now," the Dark Lord grinned coldly. "I'm very pleased that your mission has gone well. Come back to Korriban. I want to have a meeting with you all."

Zula and the other Sith minions continued to bow. After hearing this, Zula smiled to herself. Deep in thought, she hoped that she'd rule the Galaxy one day, and have the Galaxy tremble before her. The young Sith grinned to herself.

Archived