Home

Star Wars: Hope and Courage

Null followed after Naja with his Deece out. He looked around to make sure there were no hidden enemy's. Truth be told he had never actually been inside the enclave before so he hoped Naja knew where she was going. He felt play time was over and it was time to be serious again so he would not talk until he had to again. He cheched his HUD but saw nothing on it yet so he kept walking. He wondered what was in this enclave and why a group of thugs would want to even be in here. He caught up to Naja and spoke softly to her.

"Do you have any idea where we're going, because I don't"

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Do you have any idea where we're going, because I don't"

Naja stared ahead, half confused. "Well, actually... my answer would kinda be "no". I haven't been in the Enclave, but I've read stories about it. Hoban might know where some passages are, so..."

Suddenly she was interrupted by another voice. "Hello there," He told the strangers, "Looking for something on the ruins of a time long gone?"

The young woman turned around, and saw a middle-aged male Twi'lek. He looked like a local that worked on a farm from somewhere. Naja bowed. "Hello, sir. We... uh... we are looking for something... but I think it would worry you if we told you."

"Well, actually... my answer would kinda be "no". I haven't been in the Enclave, but I've read stories about it. Hoban might know where some passages are, so..."

"Well it's a bit broken... but I guess we should just make it easyand just walk the main hall here, and then check room by room. I mean, if there are any 'gangs' around, we'll find them that way. Besides, I want to look around abit. Just be careful, I'm not much for building constructure and such, but I wouldn't be suprised if the whole enclave just fell apart during our visit, especially in a fight. So, no grenades!"

Hello there," He told the strangers, "Looking for something on the ruins of a time long gone?"

"Hello, sir. We... uh... we are looking for something... but I think it would worry you if we told you."

"Time long gone? This is the closest thing I got to a home... " Hoban mumbled "Anyway, I'll go up a bit ahead to see if I can find something nice, or nasty if that's preferable." he said as he hit Null on his shoulder, and went away.

Dalenn smiled bitterly, "Oh really? Well, you can try miss. Many have tried and succeeded in plundering these ruins. I would not be surprised if someone were still doing it these days. They would only wasting their time though, everything's been cleared out."

"But enough of my rambling. What business have you in here?"

I'll go up a bit ahead to see if I can find something nice, or nasty if that's preferable."

Null noded as Hoban hit his shoulder and walked up. He looked behind him to see a male Twi'lek and Naja was trying to not give what they we're doing away. Null decided to step in and help out.

"But enough of my rambling. What business have you in here?"

Null had to think of a lie quick but fortunatly for him he was good at it, enough to trick even a jedi.

"The name's Kal Vau and my wife and I are doing some exploring down here in the enclave. My good friend Julisk has been here before and wanted to show us around. I'm a sucker for exploration so I couldn't say no." he replied to the man.

Null turned to Naja, "Come on hunny we don't want Julisk getting ahead of us again" he motioned for her to go on ahead.

Torn followed behind Beq and the others, exploring the forgotten passages of the enclave. There was dust everywhere, but the air was breathable.

Torn suddenly noticed it before on the crewman stepped on it.

"Wait!" he yelped. He force pulled him away from the mine. "A frag mine. Touch it and boom!"

Beq knealt down and started disabling the mine. He was the one who had most experience with demolitions. A few minutes later, the mine was disabled. He looked back at the crew and whispered.

"We have to be cautious. People plant boobytraps for a good reason, and thats to stop people like us from getting to them!"

He krept along the passages with his blaster rifle at hand, scanning every direction for any hostilities. The crew followed his example and proceeded.

Dalenn heard the armored man talking, claiming to be the young woman's husband. A bit young to be married, no? Most people her age would probably be enjoying life.

"Well, mind if i tag along? If i might say, i'm a sucker for exploration as well," He lied, with a smile. Might as well furthen the lie told by the "explorers".

"The name's Kal Vau and my wife and I are doing some exploring down here in the enclave. My good friend Julisk has been here before and wanted to show us around. I'm a sucker for exploration so I couldn't say no."

Naja made a quick glance at Null, who said that she was his wife. But then she knew what he was doing.

Null turned to Naja, "Come on hunny we don't want Julisk getting ahead of us again"

"Oh! Heh heh... right, sweetie. Let's get goin' then!" When she turned to walk away, she heard the Twi'lek man again.

"Well, mind if i tag along? If i might say, i'm a sucker for exploration as well,"

The young woman thought about it. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad for an older guy like him to come. After all, he did look like he lived on Dantooine for a long time himself. Naja began to laugh. "Okay, sir. It's all right with me if you come along. I mean... I don't mind!"

"Well, mind if i tag along? If i might say, i'm a sucker for exploration as well,"

Null looked the Twi'lek up and down, with his figure there was no way he was an explorer then again neither was Null.

"Okay, sir. It's all right with me if you come along. I mean... I don't mind!"

"Well if you don't mind, I don't mind hun," Null replied back.

He did not trust this Twi'lek because Null knew he was lying, then again Null was lying too. He followed after Naja and looked back every now and then to see what the Twi'lek was doing.

Hmm...nothing. Where are the bandits? Hoban thought and looked around. He saw no sign of them in the hallway, but moved towards a door. He noticed it was locked, or stuck. But he sensed some kind of lifeform inside the room. He looked back and noticed that Null, Naja and the Twi'lek were coming in his direction.

Hoban activated the green lightsaber in his hand and placed it through the door. There were no guards in the room, but to Hoban's suprise, it was children. Six children, all tied up, sat in the middle of the room. Kidnappers? he thought as he slowly observed everything in the room before he entered it. The room appeared to be normal, apart from the fact of the children.

Hoban deactivated the lightsaber and went to a computer standing further in the room. He obeserved it, but it was broken since many years. He went back to the children, they weren't awake, but alive.

Everything was quiet. Too quite. Everytime they turned a corner, there was nothing there. But they did hear the soft padder of footsteps behind them every now and then.

Torn was leading, and had his squad following behind him. He stopped, as he heard a sudden noise. He turned around to notice one of their team members were gone.

"Where is Desky?" Beq asked. He was taken. By none other than the supposed gang. They were quite silent for a gang of no good thugs. Torn thought they must be using some kind of clocking device. He looked at the door beside them. He krept and sliced through the old security door. As his squad entered the room, he looked ahead at one of the supporting pillars to see that Desky was tied up. There was a stab wound through his belly.

"Ugh... Desky..." Torn whispered. Suddenly, a metal ball rolled towards them from nowhere. It took torn to realise what it was: a flash grenade.

"Cover your ey---" the grenade detonated and sent the crew into shock. He dropped his comm link.

Naja looked at the children who were tied up. "Oh, these poor kids!" She ran towards them, and tried to untie them. Then she turned to Hoban, Null, and Dalenn.

"C'mon, guys! Help me!"

Suddenly, she felt a disturbance in the Force. The other squad was in trouble! "Oh no. Guys! You stay here and help these kids out of here. I'll go see if the other team is all right." Naja took out her lightsaber, and headed out the door.

"Oh no. Guys! You stay here and help these kids out of here. I'll go see if the other team is all right."

Null was going to say he would try to reach them on the comlink but she was already gone. Null tried to reach Torn by setting his helmet to the right frequency.

"Torn this is Null, do you read me?"

Null got no response from from anyone in the other group and chances were Naja was running right into an ambush.

"Hoban you free those kids and then come with me, Torn and the others are in trouble."

Null ran after Naja as fast as he could, watching his HUD at the same time. As he got closer to Torn and his group indicated by yellow dots he began noticing more and more red dots. He spoke quietly to Naja.

"Watch yourself Jedi! They're waiting to ambush us, we can't just run in there."

A few minutes later, Torn's vision was solidified. He found himself tied up to a pillar, looking across from where the deceased Desky lay. Torn observed the rest of the room to see that his team mates were tied up to the pillars, not making any signs of movement.

"Torn!" Beq yelped from the other side of the room. "They killed the remaining crew members."

Torn watched with horror as he saw the stab wounds in the stomach of each crew member. Then looking across to where three dark figures were standing over their latest victim. The figures turned to face Beq, one of them carrying a Vibroknife.

"You sick monsters! No human being can come up with something this demented!!!" Beq screamed.

They weren't human. They were three Weequay thugs dressed in black armour, each one carrying a blaster clipped to their utility belt. A grin spread across their wrinkled faces.

"We dislike intruders..." one of them said. "But they make good hosts for the sacrifices we conduct."

Sacrifices? Then that meant these "thugs" were none other than some uncivilised cult, terrorising the locals and kidnapping their children for their own religeous practices. Torn felt a mixture of anger and disgust. They will pay for their crimes.

"Well, this sure classifies as an adventure for a bunch of explorers, hm?" Dalenn told them, "Well, let's get these kids more comfortable, shall we?"

He then proceeded to untie the ropes binding their bodies, ropes that were so violently tied. Guess the kidnappers don't care what happens to the kids as long as they get the money, or whatever they're after by doing this.

"You there, listen," He told Hoban, "You go catch up with the miss and her husband, i'll make sure the kids are safe."

"Torn!" Beq yelped from the other side of the room. "They killed the remaining crew members."

Null looked at Beq tied up to one of the pillars with three figures standing over him. He also noticed Torn tied up to another pillar. He looked down on the ground at the rest of the crew with stab wounds in them. They were from the vibroknife being held in one of the figure's hands. The figures had black armor and were Weequay, he could tell from their voices. Null quickly placed the sniper attachment and took aim at the one with the knife.

"We dislike intruders..." one of them said. "But they make good hosts for the sacrifices we conduct."

Null pulled the trigger and watched as the one with the vibroknife dropped to the ground dead.

"Why don't you sacrifice that!" Null called as he switched to the blaster mode hoping to force the other two away from Beq.

He fired at them but also made sure to shoot above Beq. He quickly moved to Torn and pulled out his DC-15 in the other hand and shot at Torn's ropes freeing him. He reloaded the Deece blaster and now with the blaster pistol in the other he shot at the other two hoping to keep them pinned down.

"Get Beq, I'll keep these two busy!" Null yelled to Torn as he began advancing towards the other to Weequay.

It was a good thing Naja was with Null. Otherwise, those thugs would've got him too. She felt bad for the crew members of the other group. But she would honor their deaths later.

She placed the basket of berries by the door, and went to go help Torn retrieve Beq. "Get Beq, I'll keep these two busy!"

Naja went in front of Torn. "I'll cover you!" She pulled out her lightsaber, igniting a bright yellow blade. Deep in her mind, she also hoped that the Twi'lek guy and Hoban were safe also, along with the children.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before Zula could say another word, they were already on Korriban's surface. "Well, would ya look at that? We're already here."

She then turned to Diabolas. "Let's see what our Master has in store for us, shall we?" And with that, Zula headed off to get off the ship, and head towards the New Sith Empire that was being built from the outside.

"You there, listen," He told Hoban, "You go catch up with the miss and her husband, i'll make sure the kids are safe."

Hoban stepped out of the room, but stopped. He sensed something.

"Hey! Twi'lek-guy! Someone is coming, you better hurry, I'll keep your back covered from here." he said as he grabbed his second lightsaber, and activated both.

"Get Beq, I'll keep these two busy!"

Torn nodded and stood up. Naja stood before him. "I'll cover you!"

Torn grunted with agreeance and ran toward the pillar on the other side of the room where Beq was tied too. He knealt down and picked up the Vibroknife that lay on the floor.

He sliced the blade across the tough, leathery ropes; freeing Beq. "Thanks Torn. Now where is my blaster?"

Torn looked across the room to find that their weapons sitting on a metal rack. Torn used the force to call his Lightsabers and Beq's blaster. Torn activated his Lightsaber.

"I gotta score to settle..." he muttered, glaring at the remaining thugs.

"The name's Dalenn. And i'll be fine by myself, you go! And hurry up! With you here, you'll just be a hindrance to me!" Dalenn told Hoban. They probably only viewed him as an old Twi'lek, but, there was more to the book than the cover. As a former Jedi, he would be able to stand his ground, even without his Lightsaber, which Hoban quickly took out.

Naja stood her guard, watching the other two Weequay guys. As she kept her eyes on both of them, Naja looked back at Torn, who already freed Beq. "Good job, Torn."

They needed to get out quick, if she was ever going to get back home soon...

"Boy, this has been quite an adventure. It's been a while now, since I ever had an adventure," she thought to herself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Darth Zula continued to walk inside the newly built Sith Empire. It was good to see that the disobedient species were now working for the Sith to build their new Empire. She also couldn't wait to hear what her Master had to say.

Finally, the Sith minions reached into a huge auditorium hall. Zula decided to stand up, seeing that she sat for so long on the journey back home.

"Wonder where Diabolas is at," she wondered. Zula then shrugged the thought off.

"The name's Dalenn. And i'll be fine by myself, you go! And hurry up! With you here, you'll just be a hindrance to me!"

"Afraid I'll steal you're kills?" Hoban said and smiled and deactivated the blue lightsaber and replace it on the belt. "The name's Hoban by the way, Ancient Jedi."

He looked futher way down the corridor. He could sense something, but he couldn't see it. "Very well...Dalenn, I'll leave you to do your work, just be careful with the children. However, I think the beauty and beast will be fine. I'll go futher in, I need to find something..." Hoban said and went down the hall.

As he approached the corner, it got very dark, and he still couldn't see what he felt. But he knew he had passed it. He looked back, but saw nothing. He used the green lightsaber as a torch as he kept walking.

He came to a room, this one was empty aswell. It disturbed Hoban that he never saw any bad guys. Perhaps he should pick a fight with that Torn guy later to compensate. He walked to the right corner of the room and placed his hands on the floor, and found a loose spot, and grabbed a box from under. When he opened the box he noticed it was empty. Damn those scavengers!

"Hmm, you noticed heh? Kind of hard not to when we are both Jedi," Dalenn told Hoban, a smile on his face. Afterwards, Hoban left, leaving Dalenn alone to untie the children binded by ropes. He soon untied them all.

"Well, it's going to take much more than one person to take all these kids out of here, so," Dalenn said to himself while getting up and out of the room, closing the doors shut with the Force, "I guess this should do."

He could sense something coming. Weequays? He felt them, but he also felt something else. A stern look then adorned his face.

(Hey Nymf, what EXACTLY do you have in mind for this presence Hoban and Dalenn are feeling?)

Torn leaped for the nearest Weequay cultist and slashed his blades against the Durasteel black armour. A huge mark was made across his chest. The Weequay punched Torn in the face, and fired his Blaster.

Torn deflected those bolts, only a few of them hitting his own armour. He used Force Valor to increase his physical strength and leaped for the Weequay again. Only this time swinging his saber to knock the Weequay down, and Torn stabbed his lightsaber through the armour.

Null attacked the other Weequay while Torn fought the one closet to him. The Weequay hit Null in the chest hard. Null recovered and punched the Weequay in the face. Null followed up with a kick to its chest and then grabbed it from behind.

"I hope you know how to play catch Naja!" Null said as he threw the Weequay, "and by catch I mean catch it with your saber!"

Archived