Home

Darth Revan Or Master Revan

Darth~Revan

How You Like Revan...  

78 members have voted

1. 1. How You Like Revan...

Hey everyone....Its Me Darth~Revan....mwuahahahahahahahaha just kidding.

Anyways i wanted to talk about Revan.

We kno as the Canon says Revan was supposed to go lightside in KOTOR but do to many of our imaginations we can choose where Revan's life goes.

well the meaning to this thread is to ask....How do you think revan's life was like to YOUR OPINIONS afterthe battle on the StarForge and prior to revan's disapearance.

give me your thoughts on both Lightside Revan and my personal favorite....darkside Revan.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoilers maybe] For some reason it says I've already voted here, but I haven't lol. Lame.

Anyway, I voted neither. I think after the Star Forge, since Bastila says his memories come back and goes to the Unknown Regions, I think Revan falls to a state of 'grey jedi'. Having two pasts, and leaving his friends behind, I think he changes, and possibly has a bit of Darth Revan in him, but has learned from his mistakes.

;)

I don't care about Revan's alignment. The only problems with female Revan that I can think of is the Carth romance and the sometimes-suggested Juhani romance. Face it: Carth's brain matches that of a borderline nutcase; he can't make decisions for himself and he's incapable of associating with the other crewmembers like a normal human being. And Juhani is... Juhani. If that isn't simple enough, there's nothing more I can say.

• 2 weeks later...

I came into this thread thinking I'd vote lightside because it's canonical and I'm usually gray-good in any game. However, after reading the posts, I voted both.

First off, I don't think Revan ever fell to the dark side to begin with, but rather used the dark side and the Star Forge in an attempt to "override" the Republic with a militaristically stronger empire to defend against the True Sith, no? In that sense, I like him as a "dark" jedi because he used the dark side purely as a tool for the greater good.

I also like him as a "light" jedi because I much prefer lightside to darkside. Revan being a lightsider throughout KotOR is also canonical, and, following that, he was still willing and able to save the Republic when he regained his identity and realized his empire was no longer serving its original purpose.

For these reasons, I too see Revan more as a gray jedi than anything else. Revan uses both extremes of the force as he sees fit, but never succumbs to either. He would become a "dark" jedi again if it meant defeating the True Sith.

I like him as a "dark" jedi because he used the dark side purely as a tool for the greater good.

I don't think that's the proper word to describe him/her with. Dark Jedi is specifically a term which refers to a Jedi who turns to the dark side and/or rejects the light but is not a member of any Sith Order. However, it also works as a general term for any force wielder who follows the Dark Side and is not a member of any of the prominent force-using organizations (such as the Sith).

I say neither. I wouldn't say Revan was ever evil... he was like the Ghengis Khan of the Star Wars Universe. Although Khan was regarded as one of the most evil men in history, many don't acknowledge his military and political brilliance. Khan's empire was cruel to enemies, but introduced law and stability to Asia.

I think Revan had the same mindset as Khan that the only way to safeguard the civilizations under the Republic, the good of the many eclipsed the needs of the few. Trying to protect everyone's rights would have put everyone at risk.

I think he was always a potentium force user.

I think you complement Revan a little too much with that hypothesis.

When he joined the Mando wars, at least then it fits perfectly. Anything Vrook said about Revan using the war for propaganda was just a lie he told to shift blame away from the Council. Revan did the right thing and the galaxy was better off with the sith war than a Mandalorian victory.

Revan did the right thing and the galaxy was better off with the sith war than a Mandalorian victory.

I seriously doubt that the Mandalorians were an enormous threat as you seem to claim. The majority of their entire fleet was destroyed in a single battle.

Besides, even if their ships and men were as numerous as the Republic, saying that a Sith war was better than a Mandalorian victory is a flawed statement in several respects. Namely, the fact that you don't know what actually would've happened if Revan and his/her band of hooligans hadn't left. Therefore, you don't know how the war would've gone. You can say that the Mandalorians would've won, but that's another presumption. It's possible, but lots of things are possible. If you're saying that the body count of Revan's war was smaller, then that's just misinformation. Revan and his Sith had no more objections to the genocide of planetary populations than Mandalore had.

Revan did the right thing

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Revan killed thousands of his own soldiers even before the Battle of Malachor. You say the Council let millions of citizens die. What's the difference between that Revan's strategy: deliberately abandoning the populations of entire planets in order to use the subsequent massacre as a morale booster? Revan used the entire war as a tool to corrupt the Republic military and [more importantly] his Jedi followers to the dark side by deliberately staging bloody massacres of civilians and troops of both sides. Winning the war and protecting the citizens on the Outer Rim were secondary at best to that goal.

Better than a Mandalorian victory? Revan's Jedi Civil War easily doubled the body count of the previous war, and there's little reason to doubt that a sizable chunk of the casualties suffered in the Mandalorian Wars were his own doing. Good thing the citizens on Telos, the troops at Malachor, and the people at other worlds had Revan to "save" them.

Saying that Revan never fell/turned to the dark side is absurd because it goes against the established fundamental nature of the Force and how it works. Under Revan's leadership, the Republic military let planets die, and under his leadership, the Sith killed planets. The closest thing to saying that Revan never fell without damaging continuity is that he chose to turn/fall for the perceived good of the galaxy.

Anything Vrook said about Revan using the war for propaganda was just a lie he told to shift blame away from the Council.

Yeah, I'm sure Vrook was excusing himself from Council meetings all day long so that he could secretly go back to maniacal laughter and evil Snidely Whiplash mustache-twirling in his personal quarters, so no one else would see how dastardly he is for blaming Revan for his/her actions.

I think it would be more precise to say the majority of the remainder of the Mandalorian Fleet was destroyed at Malachor. Republic forces under Revan were kicking their tails long before then. The Mandalorian fleet was much more numerous before Revan began his campaigns against them.

The matter of whether or not the galaxy is better off with a Sith victory or Mandalorian victory is just a matter of opinion. There are tons of people in the galaxy that actually prefer the Sith to the Republic itself simply because of the Republic's alleged complacency and inability to defend itself. I'm sure there are people that sympathize with the Mandalorians as well, albeit much less than the Sith, I imagine. In lieu of having an actual opinion to which would end up "better", I'd argue that a Mandalorian victory wouldn't even last. I doubt the Mandalorians would be able to implement a viable form of government under their Mandalore system that would be capable of governing thousands of systems in sectors and territories and keep them all in line. All the Mandalorians really wanted was a worthy fight. I don't think they much cared about what happened to the galaxy afterwards. That zeal was likely the very reason they were manipulated by the True Sith in the first place, if they indeed were.

It is entirely possible that the Republic could have repelled the Mandalorians without Revan's help. The Jedi Council likely would have intervened, given time. It's also possible, however, that the Republic would have been swiftly annihilated. As stated, there's really no way of knowing. All Revan did was choose to take action on the Jedi's sense of a larger, unknown, threat, instead of waiting like the Council. Remember, also, that there are other factors besides total victory or total loss. Even if the Council did intervene later on, and the Republic did eventually emerge victorious, it could have easily been shattered beyond governing capability. Under the present circumstances, Revan certainly seems to have been the Republic's saving grace. His victory against the Mandalorians both spared the Republic and left it in tact.

Besides, even if their ships and men were as numerous as the Republic, saying that a Sith war was better than a Mandalorian victory is a flawed statement in several respects. Namely, the fact that you don't know what actually would've happened if Revan and his/her band of hooligans hadn't left. Therefore, you don't know how the war would've gone. You can say that the Mandalorians would've won, but that's another presumption. It's possible, but lots of things are possible. If you're saying that the body count of Revan's war was smaller, then that's just misinformation. Revan and his Sith had no more objections to the genocide of planetary populations than Mandalore had.

Virtually everyone on both sides said Revan turned the tide. If there were some who would claim otherwise... other than the jedi... then you would have something to go on. You talk about Telos, Dantoine, and Taris? What about Couriscant and all the other core worlds that weren't touched?

You keep making assumptions that no one knows what might have happened, but the jedi on the Council did just that! They kept saying if Revan followed them, everything would have turned out alright. They don't even bother to assume that they Mandalorians were stopped by Revan... so that completely breaks their assumptions.

Vrook said everything happened because Revan, Exile, and all the others acted. He doesn't seem to remember that the Mandalorians were also acting and that they they were only stopped when Revan organized the Republic's forces. The Council can't make accusations if they use the 'what if' scenario themselves. All the evidence goes against them in any event.

The Republic survived both wars and no one assumed that it would have survived the first w/out Revan's actions. The Council did nothing, so they did not have the right to judge those that did what they were afraid to do.

The Mandalorian fleet was much more numerous before Revan began his campaigns against them.

I'd like a source for that.

If there were some who would claim otherwise... other than the jedi... then you would have something to go on.

Is there any particular reason that the Jedi aren't credible other than the fact that you don't want them to be?

You talk about Telos, Dantoine, and Taris? What about Couriscant and all the other core worlds that weren't touched?

I talk about the entire war in general. Since it's apparently logical to assume that Revan was a brilliant strategist despite lack of evidence, it seems reasonable to assume that effecting or allowing the genocide of populations was not a relatively uncommon tatic for the him to use.

I'm not sure what the point about the Core Worlds is. They just hadn't attacked there yet.

You keep making assumptions that no one knows what might have happened

But nobody does know. The only speculation anyone ever makes is just a one-sentence assumption that the Mandalorians would have conquered the entire freaking galaxy and that unless Revan was on the Republic's side, the Mandalorians were totally invincible.

Vrook said everything happened because Revan, Exile, and all the others acted. He doesn't seem to remember that the Mandalorians were also acting and that they they were only stopped when Revan organized the Republic's forces.

He didn't say everything happened because of them. He said the Jedi Civil War happened, which is a material, established fact.

The Council did nothing, so they did not have the right to judge those that did what they were afraid to do.

1. Why would the Council be "afraid" of doing what they didn't want to do?

2. The renegades were the ones who didn't have the right to judge them. The fact that they were in charge means that they were in charge, therefore they judge the rogues. I don't see what's complicated about that. Are you seriously trying to say that they had no right to judge a 20-year-old Jedi with delusions of grandeur who, without a second thought, went out of his way to teach the Jedi Order to take the simplest and (in the end) most costly way out of a situation?

It's a-ok with me if you think the Council was wrong, but saying that Revan was a completely justified messiah in shining white armor while the Council was a bunch of egotistical, handlebar-mustached manipulators is taking it to a ridiculous extreme.

(Inspired by the previous sentence, I present this image)

VrookWhiplash.jpg

Archived