Home

what are your least favorite games?

i disrespect many games because of their utter stupidity, such as kotor (just kidding, kotor is epic, favorite game ever)

but on to actual games i despise.

Call of Duty 4

Medal of Honor Airborne

World of Warcraft

Haze

Oblivion

Metal Gear Solid 4

Turok

Alone in the Dark

(this next one is gonna make some of you angry)

Super Smash Bro's Brawl

Resident Evil

but despite that i do love games such as:

Kotor 1

Kotor 2

Silent Hill

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Any game ever made by Valve EVER like

counter strike

Half life

Team fortess

Portal

Psychonauts

Peggle Extreme

so what games do you hate/Love

Games I dislike:

Deus Ex: IW

Call of Duty 2

Medal of Honor: Spearhead

Simpsons hit and run

Counter Strike

Every rainbow six made after they ruined the original gameplay

SWBF 2

WoW

The hype behind the halo series

Games I like

Deus Ex

all C&C up to yuris revenge

the half life series

warcraft 3

Call of Duty and UO

Swat 3

Red Faction

Diablo 2

Age of Empires 1 & 2

Peggle

Jagged Alliance

KotOR 1 & 2

SWBF 2

WoW

So that this thread doesn't turn into a simple list-fest, can you please give a few short sentences on why you like and dislike these games? Hopefully it'll stimulate discussion. Here, I'll even go first:

Games I Dislike

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - I absolutely love The Ocarina of Time, so I wasn't really happy with the artistic direction that Nintendo went with in this game. I admit I'm shallow enough to let the visuals bother me enough that I stopped playing it. The gameplay wasn't anything revolutionary anyway.

Final Fantasy XI - I'm a Final Fantasy aficionado, so when I heard they'd be making the 11th installment an online game, I wasn't too happy. Final Fantasy has always been about epic storytelling, great music, innovative gameplay and lovable characters. I didn't get any of that from FFXI. It was just another MMO, and not even a decent one at that. The story was weak, the music forgettable, the gameplay clunky, the characters stale and unoriginal. Blah.

Oblivion

Why do you hate Oblivion? True it wasn't as much of a masterpiece as Morrowind was but it was still a pretty decent and fun way to waste 100 hours.

Anyway here is my list. In no particular order

Hate:

Spyro games after the third one: It was a very bad idea that Insomniac sold Spyro. While they made Rachet and Clank which was decent enough the companies that took Spyro completely destroyed it's image and legacy.

Digimon world 2: While I was a child I hated this game. It was nothing compared to the first one

Grand Theft Auto Liberty City stories: Worst storyline of the entire series. Had no antagonist.

Turok Dinosaur Hunter: Far to cartoony for an FPS

Jedi Academy: Was nothing like Outcast. Only good for it's multiplayer

Simpson's Road Rage: Almost obsolete compared to Hit and Run. Hit and Run wasn't that good either.

Legacy of Kain Defiance: Seems like a really bad way for Eidios to try and milk the series for the rest of the cash it had. It had a very bad ending and extremely bad gameplay and camera angles. It also had LEVELS. Unlike the sprawling worlds that you could go through in the previous games.

Deus Ex: Invisible War: The only thing I liked about this game was the Omar and their ending. The only actual original thing in that game that I enjoyed. I hated how they completley changed JC Denton and removed his sunglasses.

Halo 2: Play the original

Syphon Filter the Omega Strain: Just hate how it ruined the series after that.

Love:

Half Life: very good FPS

Grim Fandango

Guitar Hero

Final Fantasy VI to IX: The best of the series

Jedi Outcast: Self explanitory. Good SP and MP

Turok 2 Seeds of Evil: This is how the first game was supposed to be made. Good balance of gore and gameplay. Not to mention the addictive multiplayer.

Red Faction: Very original gameplay that you are never going to see ever again. The sequel didn't really do it justice.

Grand Theft Auto 3: Very classic game. A good member of my video game collection

Oblivion: While not as good as Morrowind still has time well wasted

Kotor 1 and 2: Self Explanitory

Deus Ex: I have never, ever seen a game mix plot, gameplay, characters and atmosphere so well before.

Morrowind: Very good game. So addictive and almost impossible to completely beat

Wolfenstein 3d: The cornerstone of classic video games

Duke Nukem 3d: Helarious game and quite challenging to boot.

Metal Gear Solid 4

:eek:

What? What? WHAT?!

Are you feeling okay?

Anywho, this is pretty similiar to this thread, I'll just post the same game.

Warlords IV: Why? It took forever when it was the comps turn, I once counted almost 20 MINS!! on the fastest speed too. It was a failure to the Warlords and Warlords Battlecry series', and should be buried alongside ET in New Mexico.

Come to think of it, I didn't really like Guitar Hero 3. I had the PS2 version, and it had the worst graphics I have seen since Jak and Daxter. It had so many graphical flaws. I had played the PS3 version, and I was so much more amazed at the Graphical depth of it. I've also played Rock Band for the PS2 and 360, and there is almost no difference between graphics, besides no HDR lighting in the PS2 version. It's small stuff like "Why does Slash Starch his hair and the Rag he keeps in his back pocket?" :xp:

^^But it had "One" and "The Metal", making it an instant classic. ;)

Oh, and it's much better on Next-Gen, which I believe is what it was made for. Hopefully Guitar Hero: Metallica rocks though. (That's right, I said Guitar Hero: Metallica)

Just wait for the next offical guitar hero game (Not the band stuff. Aerosmith wasn't that great. The only song I liked was Dream on.) The next game is going to have full player customisation, the ability to create and edit your own songs, and more instruments. The Marketplace is apparently going to download and upload custom songs you are able to create. Along with the PS3's online. PS2 isn't however, so thats a good reason to get it on the next gen

Just wait for the next offical guitar hero game (Not the band stuff. Aerosmith wasn't that great. The only song I liked was Dream on.) The next game is going to have full player customisation, the ability to create and edit your own songs, and more instruments. The Marketplace is apparently going to download and upload custom songs you are able to create. Along with the PS3's online. PS2 isn't however, so thats a good reason to get it on the next gen

You mean Guitar Hero: On Tour? (or whatever it's called)

You mean Guitar Hero: On Tour? (or whatever it's called)

Yes I believe so.

Anyway Guitar Hero is pretty iffy for my tastes. While it is challenging and is a pretty good way to waste half an hour. It isn't that great for long term as you may get bored quite easily if you wish to play it for say... an entire day

Anyway Guitar Hero is pretty iffy for my tastes. While it is challenging and is a pretty good way to waste half an hour. It isn't that great for long term as you may get bored quite easily if you wish to play it for say... an entire day
Lies. All you need is beer.

The gameplay is great, but from a storytelling perspective there's plenty of things wrong with MGS4. And unfortunately for me at least, the negative's outweighed the positives. :(

Storytelling? It was supposed to be Kojima's masterpiece: the reunion of characters from the entire saga. Not only the critics, that I personally hate, are loving the game, but the players too. And it's funny that you say the gameplay is smooth, because that we're one of the few things that used to upset me on the previous installments, if they have fixed it, great.

I haven't played it thus far, but I certainly plan on doing so.

MGS4 is a movie with interactive interludes. It's common to just sit around and watch cutscenes for a good part of an hour before actually getting to do something. Hell, the opening sequences went on for half an hour (!) before I even got to start doing stuff. And even then, the interactivity lasts for only so long before another cutscene pops up.

Now, if you're an MGS fan, you'll eat it up. But it just lost me with the ridiculous amount of time I just spent with the controller on the table, doing absolutely nothing. Chances are, this is why most people who dislike it say they do, and it's a legitimate complaint. I don't want to shell out $60 for a movie with sections of interactivity, I shell out money for a game I can actually play and have fun with. And I think most gamers want to do the same, so don't fault them for that.

I certainly wouldn't. But S9 haven't specified that cutscene "problem", so I'll still ask what went wrong according to him.

And as you said, I probably will just eat it up anyway. The cutscenes on the MG franchise are just something I'm just too fond of. The more longer the merrier.

Storytelling? It was supposed to be Kojima's masterpiece: the reunion of characters from the entire saga. Not only the critics, that I personally hate, are loving the game, but the players too. And it's funny that you say the gameplay is smooth, because that we're one of the few things that used to upset me on the previous installments, if they have fixed it, great.

I haven't played it thus far, but I certainly plan on doing so.

Story wise, the majority of the game is great. But it's the last half hour or so that's a mess, and that mess unfortunately for me at least - spoils what came before it. It's what happens when a game is over hyped - You spend years eagerly waiting for a video game, you expect it to be perfect, and when it isn't it breaks your heart. :p

Now, if you're an MGS fan, you'll eat it up. But it just lost me with the ridiculous amount of time I just spent with the controller on the table, doing absolutely nothing. Chances are, this is why most people who dislike it say they do, and it's a legitimate complaint. I don't want to shell out $60 for a movie with sections of interactivity, I shell out money for a game I can actually play and have fun with. And I think most gamers want to do the same, so don't fault them for that.
It is a legitimate complaint, but it's one of the reasons I like the MGS series. In fact, one of the things which worried me prior to the games release was that Kojima would have reduced the amount of cutscenes because some gamers complained.

This is coming from an IMMENSE MGS fan.

It is a masterpiece, one which is only outshadowed by the first 2 Metal Gear Solids, yes, the cutscenes are a little length, and I admit that, but it more than makes up for it with it's great story, (again only behind the first 2) and should be viewed as a work of art better than anything Van Gogh, Picasso, Da Vinci and Michelangelo could've painted if they collaborated on a single painting.

Obviously the best game EVER is Warlords Battlecry II. Massive Win.

Hmmm...

Hate

The Half Life Series: - I've found them to be overrated, and pretty boring. Nothing special, in my opinion.

Portal - I haven't actually played this, but I still hate it. If I have to hear one more person shout at me 'The Cake is a lie' I'll kick them out of the nearest portal.

Halo Series - See half-life's description, whoop-de-doo, it's identical to pretty much any other shooter i've seen.

Hmmm...

Hate

The Half Life Series: - I've found them to be overrated, and pretty boring. Nothing special, in my opinion.

Portal - I haven't actually played this, but I still hate it. If I have to hear one more person shout at me 'The Cake is a lie' I'll kick them out of the nearest portal.

Halo Series - See half-life's description, whoop-de-doo, it's identical to pretty much any other shooter i've seen.

Could you compare Half-Life and Halo to a good shooter? Since I though Half-Life was pretty innovative with having an actual storyline but with no protagonist. Halo is just a generic sci-fi shooter.

But your rating a game you havent played? Portal does have actual original gameplay that you don't see in every game you play.

Archived