Home

Domination gametype

Kaldar

Hello guys,

I've got two news: bad and good. Maybe I'll start from bad: I'm freezeing the Mars Defense project. It's smiply too big and too complicated to do for now and I don't have idea how should it looks at the end. The good news that after few days of work and problem I've finally created domination gametype. How does it works? There are several control points on the map which are neutral. Red and blue team must capture these points as at the beggining they we'll only have one spawnpoint. So they need to capture control points to have more spawns. Capturing the control point also activates the automatic defense. So far it can:

- give spawn points

- activate automatic defense

- give points

- print the text message on the screen

I'm writing about that as I want community to say its opinion. What should I add? What should I modify? Etc. When you'll run out of ideas I'll start to convert multiplayer maps on domination gametype and post it in this thread. That's all for now, Kaldar - out.

Maybe give some ammo to gunners?

Or activate force fields around?

First thing is impossible and strange, but i can add medpacks and shields. With activated forcefields capturing such control point would be nearly impossible.

Forcefields would rock! Have them set up to provide cover and set up a choke point to help with defense. Give some ammo to gunners is 100% possible. All that would need is to have a misc_ammo_floor unit that is activated when the base is no longer neutral. A shield and medstation would be nice in a room off to the side of the main CP room so people can't do a heal and shoot sorta thing.

Forcefields would rock! Have them set up to provide cover and set up a choke point to help with defense.

But not on this small map, there will be forcefields but only on big maps and only on the hardest points.

Give some ammo to gunners is 100% possible. All that would need is to have a misc_ammo_floor unit that is activated when the base is no longer neutral.

I can guarantee you that it's 100% impossible in OJP. Have you ever seen any weapons or ammo on the maps in OJP? Misc_ammo_floor doesn't work too so you must ask DD as I can do nothing here.

I'll try to make this first domination map ready in 3 days coz I'm going on holidays on thursday.

• 1 month later...

I actually created a gametype the same as this years ago now for attack of the clones total conversion. It supported many maps and allows for easy supporting many others without map source. It also included full bot support.

I could make the code available if you want it.

Contact razorace for my msn.

Archived