Home

What extra classes do you think should be added to STBF III

RC-1183

What class(es) do you think should be added to STBF III?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What class(es) do you think should be added to STBF III?

• Commando Class
    • Null Trooper Class
    • ARC Trooper Class
    • Other any ideas???
    • All of the above

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By time frames, did you mean for certain eras or for short periods of time?

Example:

Level-Bespin Cloud City

Era-Glactic Civil War

Timeframes avaliable

-New Imperial Order(The Force Unleashed)

-Rebellion(episodes IV,V,VI)

-The New Republic(The Thrawn and Daala campaigns)

Does that help?

Each timeframe would have similar but a different set of classes.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't really think we need more, just more refined choices so each really has advantages and disadvantages.

Heroes need to be a lot less prominant: Used when relevent in campaign, and optional in free play - randomly selected by era to remove the problems with allocating heroes to levels. And for the love of god take the shotgun down a notch. I'll never use any other class again lol

And that's a problem how? If they're refined you can begine to muck with variety IN THE DETAILS. The biggest problem with the previous BFs is that as Star Wars games they're alright, but as shooters they're rather *blargh.* I'd rather gameplay was a lot more like Republic Commando's taken to an extreme.

Oh yeah, hello, not a newbie!

I'd say that *blargh* is a very good description of them as shooters. Not sure whether RC taken to an extreme would be ideal, but it's definitely in the general direction. And variety sounds really good right about now. The only variety I can get for SWBF2 is in mod maps, and with those they have to be in the same class as Battle of the Titans.

And that's a problem how? If they're refined you can begine to muck with variety IN THE DETAILS. The biggest problem with the previous BFs is that as Star Wars games they're alright, but as shooters they're rather *blargh.* I'd rather gameplay was a lot more like Republic Commando's taken to an extreme.

Oh yeah, hello, not a newbie!

Well theres a face I haven't seen in forever!

• 2 months later...

Each factions should have at least the generic classes such as: Sniper, Regular Trooper, Heavy Trooper, and Engineer. I don't know about the Pilot, but at least give them something unique that will give them the advantages while driving a space craft. I am out of ideas of what it shall be.

The rest should be something of course unique for each of the factions. I hope the number can be something like 4.

• 1 month later...

I agree, shukkoku. We should keep all factions and their equivalents in mind. Don't stack ideas for the Republic just because it's uber-rawkzorz.

As for customization. I love the idea, but the problem is, as many have already stated, it's not the place, and I agree. I just wish that the Republic Commando vibrowristblade would be there for basic infantry Clones and Stormtroopers, instead of pistol, and fist slamming (Republic Commando) for Super Battle Droids, then I guess Rebels would have to use their bare fists... Degenerates... :xp:

I agree. At least it followed and connected the canon storyline. Whereas, this pathetic excuse for a depiction of the Clone Wars (utterly insulting) causes many changes to be made to the canon for the sake of not exploding into oblivion.

The five minute run-time was annoying at best, but the animation was good and the story flowed without overdoing it or overloading the story with canon-conflicting material.

The "good" one? The only one, as far as I'm concerned. :¬:

-Evix

Except on his shoulder. That's another thing... I wish the Clone Commanders were actually captured in a Clone Commander model and not the Galactic Marines. They just don't look right. What I'd like to see in BFIII is ARC Troopers as Clone Commanders armed appropriately.

I don't think customization really has a place on the battlefront. Not when troops are armed with standard equipment. It isn't a commando theme anyway. It's for the best, I'm sure.

-Evix

Customisation is better for FFA games, it could make it hard to tell classes apart if they were too varied, and this is crucial in a class based game since you need to know who exactly you are facing and who has your back.

Archived