Home

What extra classes do you think should be added to STBF III

RC-1183

What class(es) do you think should be added to STBF III?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What class(es) do you think should be added to STBF III?

• Commando Class
    • Null Trooper Class
    • ARC Trooper Class
    • Other any ideas???
    • All of the above

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I think that effectively answered the much debated argument for customization in SWBF3. As ever, I don't care either way about customization.. But I do agree, too much customization would make things ridiculous.

Yes, that's very true. FFA is probably the most out of place mode of game play in Battlefront, considering it's supposed to be comprised of massive military engagements, and not skirmishes of different troops fighting each other.

If they did end up adding Null ARCs and rebel units for each class (known troops that turned on the actual class), I'm not sure how they could work that in... but that would be an interesting idea for potential customization. They could call it "Rebel mode" or something. Like hunt maps with special classes not usually featured, like Null ARCS and some other "malfunctioning" troops whose loyalty to that faction ends.

It's sort of difficult for the Empire, considering the main option for a challenging class would be the New Republic/Rebellion, which is already a faction... There may be some sort of story detail I don't know about. I can't begin to imagine what "Rebel" unit there would be for the Rebellion. A tennis ball (Empire, Rebellion, Empire)? I don't know how many were reaccepted into the Empire, but I'm sure it happened on occasion.

Any other thoughts on that?

Well, and FFA mode would be slightly out of place, but there could always be a kind of Red vs. Blue mode where the color or insignia of the customization would be automatically determined by the team, and all other factors were left up to the user.

Oh no. Not RvB. I don't think that would be appropriate for BFIII at all. *Shudders*

There's no way it would work for BFIII without being completely ridiculous. Would this be the same faction RvB? If so, that's a little difficult to explain why that conflict would or could take place at all.

Sorry, but I really disagree with RvB. Halo works with it, Battlefront doesn't.

I didn't mean literally RvB :D

I meant the same kind of thing; for example, definable customization for each era. I'm not talking like Red team vs. Blue team with half-droids or rebels wearing stormtrooper helmets. I simply meant something like being able to choose what your character wears within the appropriate limits of their respective team. IE, choosing whether your character is Male or Female...and for God's sake, no customizable weapon choices, please.

I love customisation in games. Partly why i'm such a huge fan of RSV 2. However, i don't think a system like that would work in BF. If there was going to be customisations, then my ideas would be:

Armor detail colour- Ideally could be used as if to represent a unit, however the real purpose would be for clans and such. I'm talking about a whole colour change, Just small bits, like outlining on shoulder guards etc.

Barrels/Scopes- For different play styles. I.E choose between different zoom lengths for snipers and barrel sizes- Maybe bigger barrel, more damage, less shots or something. Just tweaks like that could add abit of diversity yet still keep the game in tune with its roots.

bokkenblader56-

I understood that you didn't mean half-droids or anything like that. The only faction you could have women in is the Rebels, so it would be trivial to have gender selection. Weapon customization may go too far, but it's something to keep in mind. Everyone has to remember, though, that this is a standard soldier, standard equipment combat game. Don't expect that extent of detail, especially when it really isn't required (it's LA...).

TSR-

I love customizations, too, but you're right. It wouldn't work, but there's always room for ideas. I'd like to see the clones have their regional armour depending on the map you're playing on (e.g., 212th orange colours for Utapau clones), but I'm probably asking for too much.

I don't think I really agree with armour customization, because it's (like I said to Mr. blader) standard soldiers. There wouldn't be much room for armour colouring due to the fact that the clones are very standard in their armour colours (limited to legion designations) and battle droids cannot be any more appearance customized than they look from creation. They're made for fast production, large numbers, and effective gear. There's nothing to customize there. As for Rebels, that's the only faction that makes for good customization potential with no set appearance. Then there's the Empire, who's even more strict on no customizations/designations whatsoever. The whole armour customization idea is moot just from the fact that there's no place for it other than for the Rebels.

How many clans do you think would be using the feature? I'd love if they put in some chat channels and boosted in-game community support, but it is LA... Patches/logos for clans would work, but how many different ones would/could there be? That's asking for a lot, yet it would be well worth it...

As for weaponry, again it's supposed to be standard and customization really won't work for it, in my mind. Scope customization would be better left to game options, rather than a selection for individual engagements. Also, this brings in balance issues, which most people would prefer to avoid. The disadvantages seem to outweigh the benefits of such customization.

----------

What does everyone else think?

-Evix

I don't think I really agree with armour customization, because it's (like I said to Mr. blader) standard soldiers. There wouldn't be much room for armour colouring due to the fact that the clones are very standard in their armour colours (limited to legion designations)

The only reason I liked the geonosis map on BF2- The old school clone armour skins.

I don't expect any of these ideas to be implemented, but doesn't hurt to throw em around.

Don't expect that extent of detail, especially when it really isn't required (it's LA...)

Point taken, as an undeniable absolution.

TSR-

I love customizations

TSR is English, you know that we've Americanized so many words with Z's.

(like I said to Mr. blader)

It's just Bokken, bud. We're still both pretty much newbies :D

And I like customi[sz]ation, so maybe just one soldier to be customized? Besides, there's always room for modding...I long ago got bored with the regular soldier appearances and just completely reskinned the Empire side.

How many clans do you think would be using the feature? I'd love if they put in some chat channels and boosted in-game community support, but it is LA...

It's so sad that every single one of us understands what you mean when you say that it is LA...I'm still hoping for the different colors between Public Chat and Team Chat. They had it in the 1.0 Patch, I think, but (for some reason (it is LA)) they got rid of it.

I don't expect any of these ideas to be implemented, but doesn't hurt to throw em around.

Precisely; this is how the forums stay alive, and it's also interesting to see just how many of the ideas we sling around on this forum will turn up in game. Not because they listen to us, you understand, but more like a kind of bet.

It's so sad that every single one of us understands what you mean when you say that it is LA...I'm still hoping for the different colors between Public Chat and Team Chat. They had it in the 1.0 Patch, I think, but (for some reason (it is LA)) they got rid of it.

What a fun new phrase.

It Is LA

What a fun new phrase.

It Is LA

I agree entirely. I guess I have a knack for coining. :)

bokken, I checked it on some dictionary sites, but I couldn't find the British "customise." Do you have a reference link I could peer into?

I love the Phase I clone armor (not as much as Phase II, mind you, but better than Phase III/Stormtrooper, in my opinion). I've seen screen shots from Battlefront and I loved the LAAT/i gunships (more like "funships/yumships") and the Phase I clones they had. I wish they had more than just the one map featuring Phase I clones in BFII.

As for Rebels, that's the only faction that makes for good customization potential with no set appearance.--The whole armour customization idea is moot just from the fact that there's no place for it other than for the Rebels.
-Evix

Yes, Master Plo, I agree. :D

Thank you all for your replies.

lol Just Google Customise; but since Google's an American company, it just comes up with customize, but it doesn't think that customise isn't a word, either. Maybe a mod that reskins some maps to have Phase I troopers is in order...

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't care how many classes there are or what types has long I get to play has the troopers like Imperial Scout Trooper, Imperial Royal Guard, Imperial Officer (Which they have never had in previous games), etc. I do not like the idea of random bounty hunters or jedi/sith. I prefer special classes for bounty hunters/jedi/sith and choose between heroes from the 5 films from Luke, Leia, Han, Palpatine, Chewie, Lando to Anakin, Mace, Yoda, Obi-wan, Boba Fett, Bossk, Ig-88, Dengar, Zuckuss, 4-Lom, Aurra Sing, Ventress, etc. That would be a cool game.

They had Imperial Officer in BFII...

I agree that if they have any heroes, they shouldn't go overboard with random or not-well-known heroes.

I think there should be more variety of heroes, debuffed/nerfed (MEGA and more vulnerable, too) and maybe even two per team, on special maps who deserve the attention?

I'd like to see many more heroes (from the movies, mainly, but maybe a few from EU), but they should be limited to hero assault modes, so they don't throw off trooper gameplay.

Yes, I agree. Heroes ruined it for me, honestly.

Me too, although I wouldn't min heroes in an offline single mode of some sort as Commanders on the battlefeild. Maybe, depending on the planet/battle heroes could only be seen as holograms giving orders on screen. Or/and back to the Battlefront I CPU-only controlled heroes.

Or/and back to the Battlefront I CPU-only controlled heroes.

Just the OR part for me thanks, but I'd rather the heroes were the tiniest bit weaker than the ones from Battlefront. They were a real pain to try and kill; most of the time, the solution was to run away.

Archived