Home

Battlefront III wishlist.

shukkoku

Eh, true, but I'd rather it not be BF2 slapped together with new content. BF2 actually was slapped together; Pandemic rushed it out and left some gaping holes. It was different than BF1, but there were still so many game bugs that should have been worked out that weren't. I'm not hoping for something drastically different, I'm just looking for something that's well developed. If all you're looking for is new features, maps, and units, the GameToast modders have basically achieved that.

• 4 weeks later...
Eh, true, but I'd rather it not be BF2 slapped together with new content. BF2 actually was slapped together; Pandemic rushed it out and left some gaping holes. It was different than BF1, but there were still so many game bugs that should have been worked out that weren't. I'm not hoping for something drastically different, I'm just looking for something that's well developed.

True dat. With SWBF2 you got new modes but lost some things from SWBF1 (Including the hit register). I miss prone the most (aside from the hit register of course). Now I have to look for places to crouch behind. The concussion grenades were nice to work with too.

I'd rather have a well developed game over a rushed out game. There are better engines to work with now... and some nice ideas to progress the Battlefront series... Especially as Rogue said with the Clone Wars series going.. there's some ideas for planets and battlefields and maybe some new heroes... Personally I'd like to see a good "Space Deathstar" map.

Games for PC's now feel like console games ported over to PC. I wouldn't mind coming across a game that was made specifically with the PC gamer in mind. I don't think SWBF3 will be it.

Hmm, were to start...

I'd like to see ragdoll physics, prone, more choices in weapons for different classes, better graphics, a plot (and a good one too), something were you can change legions (instead of ONLY being 501st), More hero's (especially jedi), special gaming engines (ragdoll physics [already listed], DMM, etc.), more vehicles, more diverse saber attacks, larger maps, ability to swim in water, underwater levels, one on one duels (like on mustafar, death star, naboo, tattooine, etc.), special missions (with RC Commandos and stuff, that way everyone who wants an RC2 will be satisfied), and I'd like all of the jedi to have their own special hilt, instead of them all having the same generic one... That's about it for me... :D

• 3 weeks later...

^Like in Halo or Call of Duty (weapons part)

Armor customization should make it for only you, it should not be a reskin for a whole class.

Possibly design your own model of armor.

Also a better HUD, customized for each character (Make a RC like HUD for Clones)

Possibly customizable weapons.

As I said above MAC!!! But I forgot to say Wii, they could use some new features that just came out for Wii.

Either in game map builder or an official application where you can make objects and then design the map (I don't know if the other versions of Battlefront have this due to having a MAC)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am a big fan of SB2, and I would like to say hi to you all that I share your enthusiasm for the next part of the great series.

That being said, my only wishlist is to keep everything the same as much as possible with the exeception of some things that comes to my mind.

1. 3 maps that consist of land to space battles. Something somewhat similar to Grand Theft Auto. While the other maps are specifically for either land or space.

2. Improve fighting physics for Jedi and Sith characters. Maybe have your own customized jedi or sith character and use it when you earn enough points during game play like Battlefront 2?

3. Have the option to customize your character of whatever classes. I mean, if you play online and select, let's say a regular storm trooper, you should have your own customized storm trooper that is unique (only in appearance, not weapons), but not entirely different than the other player's storm trooper look. It should apply to all classes that you can customize for your own preference. Kinda like the PS3 SoCom Confrontation where you have either different customized characters for the two different factions (Commandos and Mercenaries). The more point you earned in multiplay, the more options on choosing what kind of helmet, camo & colour (for the rebels or whatever faction that is fighting the Empire), body armour, race, and etc.

2. Improve fighting physics for Jedi and Sith characters. Maybe have your own customized jedi or sith character and use it when you earn enough points during game play like Battlefront 2?

Oh so like every single other star wars game ever made? That sounds like a lot of fun, because I love spending my money on a game that could easily be called "Jedi Knight 56: More bland jedi combat"

• 7 months later...

I'm really happy there will be a 3rd game. Hopefully it will be the complete, perfect and final Battlefront. The 2 first ones were pretty near it.

My list:

1. Troops and vehicles:

= Pretty much perfect in BF1

+ No earning troops like in BF2, it was horrible

+ No medal boosts, also horrible

+ Add all the missing ones

+ Ability to pick up weapons? When using weapons not your specialization you are less accurate, slower and you can only carry the bullets inside the gun. A small desperation action.

2. Heroes

= Pretty good in BF2

+ Make AI able to control them again

+ Allow more than 1 per team (Up to 3?)

+ No earning them either outside campaign. You get them once or infinitely (or not at all) from start.

+ Health bar instead of the time/kill bar

+ Saber clashing a la Jedi Knight

3. Maps

= I liked BF1 maps more than BF2 maps. Geonosis was great in BF1, horrible in BF2

+ All the battlegrounds from the movies, smallest ones too. "Real" scale and geometry. Some maps have more and some have less troops.

+ Space fights need more people. 6 crafts per team is horrible, in movies there are hundreds.

4. Other stuff

- BF1 didn't have the new music, BF2 used new songs too much. Balance it

- I liked BF2 campaign but it could be more immersive

- Very detailed statistics

- All the basic better graphics, physics, AI, make corpses stay longer...

= The perfect and complete Star Wars battle simulation. I don't need any bells and whistles on top of that.

Please note that most of these ideas relate to Republic Commando.

1: I think that the way that people get health is go to a bacta station and wait for 5 seconds or so and get full health, like in Republic Commando.

2: You should be able to customize the armor of the soldier you play as.

3: The Republic side should have clone commandos in the unit selection and Grievous's bodyguards on the CIS.

4: You should be able to have a squad and give them orders, but in a different way then in Republic Commando.

5: You should be able to use the enemy's weapons.

6: You should be able to melee with your gun.

7: New eras that weren't in the movies.

8: It should be for the PC so people can mod it!

9: The rank system in BFII should be remade so the clone/stormtrooper's helmet has a colored stripe on it for rank. The droids have some color on their upper torso. IDK about the rebels.

10: The ability to dual-wield guns like Halo 2 and 3.

11: The ability to spawn on the surface of a planet and take a fighter and fly up to the space above the planet.

12: The ability to go underwater.

13: Campaign should be like how it was in SWBFI, each side has a different campaign.

14: Multiplayer campaign.

15: Some, I repeat, some content from the TV series, "Star Wars: The Clone Wars."

16: For the PC version, a built-in game recorder that is made for machinimas and gameplay videos.

17: When getting into a vehicle, an animation plays that shows you getting in the vehicle. I didn't like how people disappear when they get in a vehicle in SWBFII.

18: The HUD should look different depending on the soldier type and faction.

19: Maps should be how the movies made them look.

20: It should have the Euphoria engine like in TFU. If a soldier is hit in the arm or hand, he'd drop his gun and pick it up and hold it the opposite way.

21: It should have an easy-to-use map editor that comes with the game.

1-9 The game should be Republic Commando

(summarized)

10: The ability to dual-wield guns like Halo 2 and 3.
I can maybe understand a hero like jango having 2 pistols, but otherwise this seems like a feature that works in games like linear shooters like halo, but not so much on a battlef game.

15: Some, I repeat, some content from the TV series, "Star Wars: The Clone Wars."
Please for the love of god just let this series be forgotten and die, theres hundreds of planets in the star wars cannon, use some of those.

18: The HUD should look different depending on the soldier type and faction.

Might be sort of cool but its possible that one faction would get the "better" hud and then everyone would bitch about it in tournaments

19: Maps should be how the movies made them look.

Problem with this is that some of the battles in the movie are sort of... bland. Like geonosis was almost entirely just flat desert. That works in a movie when you control which side wins, but in a game its generally considered terrible level design if your level has no cover what so ever and both sides just walk at each other shooting.

20: It should have the Euphoria engine like in TFU. If a soldier is hit in the arm or hand, he'd drop his gun and pick it up and hold it the opposite way.
Like duel wielding, that works for single player, imagine having to pause every time you were shot. Matches would take forever.

• 2 months later...

maybe an idea for land -space battles.

the frigates u have can be send to a land battle go bring them additional reinforcements and vehicles

so u also have an amount of vehicles in the game.

also i would like to see something of controlling the frigates itself and being able to take out an crouser.

ps. im sorry for my english

• 3 weeks later...

It should be perfect simulation of Star Wars battle. The 6 movies atleast.

1. All the battles from the movies in realish scale. Some are bigger, some smaller

2. Better space fights with more detailed ship interiors and more vehicles. Possibly space-land fights on single map

3. You can join any team in multi-team battles (Sandpeople)

4. Troops have Republic Commando type gameplay with melees, ability to pick up weapons (you are weaker with ones you're not specialized in) and tactics and AI. Better 1st person view too.

5. Multiple heroes (up to 3? 5 is the maximum I can imagine)

6. Heroes have real health instead of timer

7. AI can control heroes

8. Jedi gameplay from Jedi Knight games, especially saber clashing is needed

9. Vehicles were ok in BF1 and 2

10. Great, varied soundtrack. Full Star Wars soundtrack unlike in BF1 and 2.

11. Able to play it simple like BF1. I dislike BF2 because of all the medal bonuses and options I have to tune.

12. A lot better campaign. Something like Jedi Knight, Republic Commando and Battlefront combined. You might have to infiltrate someplace alone or with a small team and open the door for your army and then have a huge fight etc. Coherency and variety instead of basic matches with "backstory"

Perfect last game.

Problem with this is that some of the battles in the movie are sort of... bland. Like geonosis was almost entirely just flat desert. That works in a movie when you control which side wins, but in a game its generally considered terrible level design if your level has no cover what so ever and both sides just walk at each other shooting.

That could be interesting if there was some active cover like broken vehicles and corpses. Every match would be different when people suddenly see a new cover appearing somewhere. There are some rocks and small "hills" too. It would also make proning more useful.

Even without that 1 flat map could be great for variety. Epic battle where vehicle control and teamshooting is everything. I'm sure there are plenty of other maps that could have tons of cover.

Archived