Home

StarGate Mod: Goa'uld Masks and armor

Quanon

Heya !

Back with a new mod, which involves some of my favourite movie badguys, the Goa'uld( sorry I don't like the TV series that much).

Stargate might not have been a super awardwinning film, but I just loved the overall design of the aliens that rule those poor humans.

Best part ofcourse where there mask to look like the ancient Egypte gods.

And so I found it was time we had this nice look aswell in K1.

I must warn you fans though, its BASED ON, not a faithfull recreation of the props, somehow there where tons of pictures of the TV actors and crew, but not of the baddys.

Thats why I decided to give it my own spin.

EDIT: Files have also been send to K2-Files, so it'll be avaible soon, when it gets reviewed

EDIT2: DI has informed me that I've NOT packed 2 files, which are quite essential to use this mod. 2 UTI files for the armors... o_Q

So I've repacked it and altered the Download link.

Apolagies to those that have already downloaded this.

The Readme contents:

=========================================
KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC: Stargate Mod 
=========================================

AUTHOR: Quanon, 90SK
NAME: Stargate mod
CREDITS: Quanon=myself for the modelling
 90SK for the great Armor skins 
 GloveMaster for helping me out in the .uti mess 
 Loads of other peeps at Holowan for the making of their uber modding Tools and advice !

FILENAME: StarGate_MOd.zip

DESCRIPTION: This mod gives you three sets of armor, these all include an unique mask to wear with them.
And all of this is based on the Stargate Universe. Mainly their badguys, the Goa'uld.

Now I must admit its "BASED ON", so the mask are more "look_a_like" then true copys of whats seen in the movie and TV-Series.
I've done my best to find pictures of these props, but alas internet is filled with pictures of the actors of the series, not
the badguys in full armor.

But it didn't stop me to do my own interpretation and I like the Old Egypte Gods. 

* INSTALLATION *

1) Extract the StarGate_MOd.zip to a location you want.
2) Once extracted you should find 4 folders: AnubisSet, HorusSet, SethSet and JaffaStaff.
3) In these folders you'll find  each set of armor, thats the Body and Mask.
4) Copy the contents of one of the folders to your override folder of the game.
5) Have fun !

* GET THE SETS IN THE GAME *
Example:

Use the cheat: giveitem g_w_qtrstaff060.

Or use KSE to add them to your inVentory.

*List of the Items*

Here's a list so you can get you're set easly and you know what fits best with what 

The Anubis armor:

g_a_class8051 =>Body
g_i_mask059 => Mask

The Seth armor:

g_a_class8050 =>Body
g_i_mask033 => Mask

The Horus armor:

g_a_class8052 =>Body
g_i_mask060 =>Mask

The staff:

g_w_qtrstaff060

* Uninstall *

Remove the added files.

The Above mentioned list should come in handy for that aswell 

*WARNING*

Not all heads fit that well within the masks, I've done my best to avoid it as much as possible, but still be prepared to see the tip of the nose and chin pop out sometimes. The shoulder pads clip a lot when the characters turn to face each-other. 

Remember that these mask are solid blocks that move with the head on a fixed point, certain battle moves can look goofy sometimes 

But I found these IMO minor nuancesses.

PERMISSIONS: This mod may not be used without the explicit permission of the author. This mod may not be distributed on other sites without the express permission of the author.
THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES.
USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Pictures:

SG_Masks.jpg

SG_Masks2.jpg

FIXED_DOWNLOAD

Those look...so beautiful...great work man! have you considered working on a kull warrior armor or maybe a serphant guard armor? that would be so cool! Once Again Great work!

Ah yes, the serpent mask, wasn't really a fan of that, it appeart "fat" to me :lol:

But I could do a second pack, there still some gods left over to do: Bast, Toth...

On the TSL part, yes, I'll be looking into it to get them in that game aswell.

And thxs for the many positive replys already :)

Heya !

I must warn you fans though, its BASED ON, not a faithfull recreation of the props, somehow there where tons of pictures of the TV actors and crew, but not of the baddys.

I own the film on DVD, I could see of I can get some detailed shots of the guards.

I own the film on DVD, I could see of I can get some detailed shots of the guards.

heh, thanks !

If I would have just thinked of this before, but then again it would've ruined the suprise somewhat :p

I like dropping mods out of nowhere :lol:

I am not a Goa'uld!

Those are fantastic! Wonderfully done!

Just FYI, and I feel like such a nerd pointing it out, you have a few incorrect capitalizations.

Goa'Uld should be Goa'uld.

StarGate should be Stargate.

Also, inVentory should be inventory.

I only point it out because its obvious you care about doing a good job. Well, that and I'm a huge Stargate SG-1 nerd...

Anyway, it won't affect my rating. I'm giving this thread 5 stars!

:thmbup1:

They're amazing but you have forgotten the serpent guard :p

M'yes, but the serpent guard is my least favourite and IIRC not present in the movie.

The idea was to do the movie orginale masks as I really really like those.

I'm not that a great fan of the TV series :xp:

And thx Thanatos9t for the stills, if you can get some more good shots, don't hesitate to send'em in a PM ;)

So, are these represented in the KotOR universe as Sith artifacts or what?

Not really, its stated in my readme to use the cheats or KSE.

I prefer to these items this way as it doesn't involve any 2DA editing for the merchant and so on.

Makes the thing compatible with other mods and [SIZE="1"]I can't work with that därn patcher, such a noob[/size]

Archived