Home

Join In: Promoting LucasForums Tolerance

The Source

Join In: Promoting LucasForums Tolerance

Over the past several weeks, I have observed an interesting phenomenon. When reading through several of the threads, I have seen some bullying in the forums. Normally the bullying is done by one individual, but for some reason a cliché of individuals are doing the bullying. During one of the discussion in the forums, one individual had an alternative opinion. As a result of not sharing the same perspective with the group, the cliché of bullies raced to obliterate the individual's contributions. Each individual involved in the cliché ignore the details of what is being posted. If the individual has one element wrong, the group quickly discredits the individual's opinion. Since the scope of the bullying is of a good sized group, I don't think we would do justice in pointing them out. Instead of playing the blame game, or causing more forum-bashing, I'm asking you all to sign this thread as a push towards forum tolerance. It’s okay to have an opinion. Even though the individual may get the facts wrong, they should not be attacked by any cliché of individuals. Tolerance about other's opinions is paramount. Opinions do not need facts to be true to the individual. Forums are made for debating, sharing, and fun. No one should have to apologize or feel pressured for having an unpopular opinion.

Keep it real, keep it fun, and promote tolerance. :)

First, any bullying should be reported to ze mod squad, if you haven't done so allready, do it now.

Second, I havent seen any bullying, and I'd really like to know where you have spoted this bullying, send a PM if you don't want to post it here (and please make it possible to PM you if you want a response).

As an oppinion not needing facts to be true, I agree, just don't expect anyone to believe you.

I'll sign this thread when someone show me bullying is a problem.

Archived