Home

Subjectivity

The Source

Split from Slip-Ups Thread

I'm someone who challanges all types of authorities, and those who ride on the backs of other's hardwork. Even though I may make a dramatic a#$ out of myself, I do it in a manner in which challanges the way people think. I'm an illogical individual made up with complex theologies, which battle untirelessly to find a sense of order. When someone is worshiped (Obama & Team-Gizka), I will challange their sense of reponsibility and influence. I do not follow the herd blindly, nor do I give into the collective. If making a forums a@# out of myself provides thinking, I'm willing to go down with my personal and illogical beliefs. We are human. We are existential. I'm willing to be hated, so that others can have a voice. It is logical. I'm not affraid of infractions, but I will challange the system in which uses them.

When someone is worshiped (Obama & Team-Gizka), I will challange their sense of reponsibility and influence. I do not follow the herd blindly, nor do I give into the collective.

Even when the collective is right, in fact.

We are human. We are existential. I'm willing to be hated, so that other can have a voice. It is logical.

We're existential? I don't know about that, friend. I also don't find it logical that you're making yourself into a scapegoat when it's unnecessary. Others don't gain a voice from your words, sorry.

_EW_

Even when the collective is right, in fact.
Being correct about something is subjective. Thoughout several historical world events, there is evidence that some powerful collectives can be absolutely wrong. Challanging such collectives is healthy, and it is the responsibility of existentialists to allways challange the collective.

Others don't gain a voice from your words, sorry.
You can only speak for yourself, and you nor I can speak for other individual's thoughts.

Being correct about something is subjective. Thoughout several historical world events, there is evidence that some powerful collectives can be absolutely wrong. Challanging such collectives is healthy, and it is the responsibility of existentialists to allways challange the collective.

Sorry, truth cannot be subjective. You're contradicting the meaning of correctness. It's not perception. Some people are truly correct, and some people are truly wrong.

You can only speak for yourself, and you nor I can speak for other individual's thoughts.

Then why do you continue to do so?

_EW_

I'm someone who challanges all types of authorities, and those who ride on the backs of other's hardwork. Even though I may make a dramatic a#$ out of myself, I do it in a manner in which challanges the way people think. I'm an illogical individual made up with complex theologies, which battle untirelessly to find a sense of order. When someone is worshiped (Obama & Team-Gizka), I will challange their sense of reponsibility and influence. I do not follow the herd blindly, nor do I give into the collective. If making a forums a@# out of myself provides thinking, I'm willing to go down with my personal and illogical beliefs. We are human. We are existential. I'm willing to be hated, so that others can have a voice. It is logical. I'm not affraid of infractions, but I will challange the system in which uses them.

Are you trying to say that all of your posts are purposeful slip-ups?

First, thanks for your challange EW. As long as we keep it civilized, I'm willing to have this conversation with you.

Sorry, truth cannot be subjective. You're contradicting the meaning of correctness. It's above perception. Some people are truly correct, and some people are truly wrong.

_EW_

Truth is in the eye of the beholder. Your sense of what is to be true is different from what others believe to be true. Correct? History books are written by the victor, and as you know they are based upon truth that is both biased and subjective.

Then why do you continue to do so?

_EW_

I have never once said that, "You should believe me, or my truth is absolute in all ways." I'm only human. I may make an effort to discredit something, but that does not mean what I said is not wrong. Salem Whitch trials are an example of a collective gone wrong.

What'd I miss? When did the topic change from slip-ups to subjectivity?

let me know and I can split this thread should you wish to pursue this farther.. till then, Topic peeps :whip1:

Slip-ups are subjective. Right? Could we get the title expanded?

Slip-ups are subjective. Right? Could we get the title expanded?

I split it to it's own thread. The previous one was for more humorous routes.. this has a more serious overtone :)

However, I don't think I need to remind everyone that this isn't a dog-pile free-for-all bash match ;) Let's keep the debate civil..K? :)

First, thanks for your challange EW. As long as we keep it civilized, I'm willing to have this conversation with you.

Truth is in the eye of the beholder. Your sense of what is to be true is different from what others believe to be true. Correct? History books are written by the victor, and as you know they are based upon truth that is both biased and subjective.

Perception of truth is subjective. That's not what you said in your previous posts.

I have never once said that, "You should believe me, or my truth is absolute in all ways." I'm only human. I may make an effort to discredit something, but that does not mean what I said is not wrong. Salem Whitch trials are an example of a collective gone wrong.

I'm willing to be hated, so that others can have a voice.

Who gains a voice? You have the burden of proof, and by your own admission, you can't say that someone does gain a voice unless they say it for themselves. Since no one has said that, your point must be inherently false.

_EW_

Even though I may make a dramatic a#$ out of myself, I do it in a manner in which challanges the way people think.

In my experience, you do it in a way which challenges the patience of forum members and LF staffers alike. When we read your posts, we're not intellectually challenged, but rather frustrated by your narrow-minded and often ridiculous ramblings.

I'm an illogical individual

Truer words ne'er typed.

...made up with complex theologies, which battle untirelessly to find a sense of order.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/untirelessly <--- Is not a word

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tirelessly <--- Is a word

When someone is worshiped (Obama & Team-Gizka), I will challange their sense of reponsibility and influence.

No, you whine like a petulant malcontent, wailing that you don't see the release of their mod. Don't start this crap up again, it's gotten you nowhere in the past, it will get you nowhere now.

If making a forums a@# out of myself provides thinking,

It doesn't, so please stop.

You can be hated all you want, that's your prerogative. But don't think for a minute you can speak for anyone else with your childish actions.

It is logical.

Why are you incurring logic now, when you've just said you were an illogical person (twice)?

I'm not affraid of infractions

You should be.

but I will challange the system in which uses them.

I would recommend against that, as it will get you nowhere good if you keep it up.

Being correct about something is subjective.

Not when a moderator says it is incorrect.

Thoughout several historical world events, there is evidence that some powerful collectives can be absolutely wrong. Challanging such collectives is healthy, and it is the responsibility of existentialists to allways challange the collective.

I don't know what you're trying to get at, but it is the responsibility of all members of these forums to conduct themselves appropriately, which includes not going against what moderators say. Leave your 'collective challenging' elsewhere, it has no place here.

If you really believe this, then you would not say 'I am willing to be hated so that others can have a voice. What gives you the right to speak for them?

I may make an effort to discredit something,

Your efforts to discredit are often in the form of whining about how the TSLRP still hasn't been released and how Team Gizka is a bunch of lazy flakes, so you'll forgive me if I and many others think that you're full of it.

but that does not mean what I said is not wrong.

In light of my previous statement, yes it does mean you're wrong.

Salem Whitch trials are an example of a collective gone wrong.

The Salem Witches were (probably) all innocent. You are most definitively not innocent.

Perception of truth is subjective. That's not what you said in your previous posts. _EW_
Actually, that is what is intended. You just clearified my statements.

Who gains a voice? You have the burden of proof, and by your own admission, you can't say that someone does gain a voice unless they say it for themselves. Since no one has said that, your point must be inherently false. _EW_

Correct. What you need to look at is how I write, and not what you believe you see. I used the word 'if'. Correct?

If someone were to look at all of my arugements, reading every word and grammical statement, I have been missread on many ocassions. Sometimes the most simplest word has meaning, but when statements are taken out of contents the meaning changes.

Example Only: When I spoke in the Restoration thread, I made the statement that modding is ilegal. Instead of reading the statement as is, people automatically believed that I said, "Team-Gizka is doing something illegal." I didn't.

Different world isn't it?

Fact: you meant one thing. Fact: you said another. Result: you are wrong. This is not a subjective statement.

Also the statement I am about to make is also not subjective: clearified is not a word.

Irrelevant. And by that, I mean irrelevant.

Correct. What you need to look at is how I write, and not what you believe you see. I used the word 'if'. Correct?

There is no 'if' in that sentence.

If someone were to look at all of my arugements, reading every word and grammical statement, I have been missread on many ocassions. Sometimes the most simplest word has meaning, but when statements are taken out of contents the meaning changes.

....wait, it's coming...

Example Only: When I spoke in the Restoration thread, I made the statement that modding is ilegal. Instead of reading the statement as is, people automatically believed that I said, "Team-Gizka is doing something illegal." I didn't.

Transitive property. A = B, B = C... how can you say that A != C?

Modding is what TG is doing, so it's obviously what you meant.

_EW_

You just clearified my statements.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/clearified = isn't a word

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/clarified = is a word

no my good sir that happens to be entirely incorrect, i have it on very good authority

If someone were to look at all of my arugements, reading every word and grammical statement, I have been missread on many ocassions.

uh no kidding i caught four misspellings in that paragraph alone. get a spellcheck

I made the statement that modding is ilegal. Instead of reading the statement as is, people automatically believed that I said, "Team-Gizka is doing something illegal." I didn't.

iknorite what were those guys thinking, that team gizka was working on a mod or something i tell ya man there's some weird s*** going through people's heads these days

fyi there was also another misspelling in there

<snip>

It's story time; one day a crowd of village people were watching the annual village race; everyone (except one person) agreed that the race had been fair and very exciting. However this one person continually went on about how bad the race was and how it had been fixed despite everyone in the village disagreeing with him. Who was correct?

Eventually this individual was thrown out the village because he kept irritating everyone else by going on about how this race was fixed and was very boring. For some reason, he wouldn't let this rather trivial thing drop, and gradually irritated and lost the respect of everyone in the village.

True Story.

Modding is what TG is doing, so it's obviously what you meant. _EW_

Are you sure about that? Or, did you translate the statement that way, for you personally believe (subjective) that is what I said?

Keep in mind that this is not a thread to revisit any one event. We are talking about the interpretation of truth, and the subjectivity of how people preceive truth.

We are talking about the interpretation of truth, and the subjectivity of how people preceive truth.

No we aren't, you're talking about your oppression and revolution. The other's are talking about how everyone hates the grasshopper and glows at the vision of him freezing to death come winter.

Source, just for your benefit I'm going to post my bed time story twice, as I think you might have missed it...

It's story time; one day a crowd of village people were watching the annual village race; everyone (except one person) agreed that the race had been fair and very exciting. However this one person continually went on about how bad the race was and how it had been fixed despite everyone in the village disagreeing with him. Who was correct?

Eventually this individual was thrown out the village because he kept irritating everyone else by going on about how this race was fixed and was very boring. For some reason, he wouldn't let this rather trivial thing drop, and gradually irritated and lost the respect of everyone in the village.

True Story.

Lets have another story -

One day there was this man called Hitler - lots of German people thought he was a very nice man, who would make Germany strong again. After WW2 some people still thought Hitler was a very nice man, and that the Holocaust was made up by the allies - some people think Hitler and these people are evil - but of course they aren't because everything is subjective and so we couldn't possibly tell them they are wrong...

Even though I may make a dramatic a#$ out of myself, I do it in a manner in which challanges the way people think.

About the only thing people think about dramatic internet arses is "Oh, there goes another dramatic internet arse." Then they tend to ignore anything else that person might say, including anything useful they might have had to say.

Moderator note: I will be handing out infractions to anyone who displays anything remotely related to hate for Team Gizka or accuses them of illegal activities. We've made numerous statements about modding and its legality. I am sick and tired of hearing that crap and so are most others.

Just in case anyone complains about oppression of their 'freedom of speech' or some other nonsense, I'll remind everyone that membership and posting here is a privilege, not a right.

Archived