Home

Psychonauts PC Save Game

Hey everyone, I'm new to the community here, but a LONG time fan of psychonauts. It's usually the first game I install when I reinstall windows. Anyways I just bought a new computer and had gotten into playing psychonauts again, after a rather long hiatus (the entire school year GASP!) on the computer I owned directly before this one. I had promised my kid brother that I would give him my old computer and without a second guess I wiped the drive and installed xp (It had been dual booting ubuntu... he can barely turn the thing on.. might as well keep it simple). Unfortunatley away went my save game file. I was all the way up to the asylum, just past the milkman. I want to finish the game again, but unfortunately I just can't get myself to push through the training levels. I start playing but loose my steam 30 minutes in. Does anyone perchance have a save game from around the asylum, preferably as close to the milkman level as possible? I'd much appreciate it!

Thanks

LtTibbles

I started a new game a while ago, I guess I could give you my save. I'm not quite at the asylum yet, but I can get you the save as soon as I'm there.

Oh thank you so much that would be amazingly phenomenally incredibly awesome of you! I'll pm you my email address?

I started a new game a while ago, I guess I could give you my save. I'm not quite at the asylum yet, but I can get you the save as soon as I'm there.

I am in somewhat the same predicament as Lt Tibbles. This is my first time playing Psychonauts and halfway through it I could tell it is already one of my favorite games on the PC. After the Gloria's Theater level I got a Blue screen of death when exiting(something to do with video memory), anyways, for some reason the next time I started the game my saves were corrupt and unusable. If you could give me a savegame somewhere around Gloria's theater, or the Milkman(I wouldn't mind hearing "I am the milkman, my milk is delicious" again) it would be extremely helpful. :) my email address is

goatspersonalspam

@ (this should stop those automated spambots:¬:

yahoo.com

Thanks!:)

Well hopefully one of us will be able to help you out, but unfortuantely at the moment I can't quite figure out how to import his save game into mine. Whenever I load up the save game (or try to) I get the "corrupted save game" error... Has anyone been successful at either backing up a save game or doing something similar?

I have had success using another savegame with my own profile, I used one I found at Gamefaq, but it started out at Basic Braining :( You are using the SavedGame0, SavedGame1, etc and just copying over the original saved game files right? It might also be version incompatibility, try patching Psychonauts to 1.04 or or reinstalling it to a lesser version 1.00.

I hope this helps.:)

Edit: Could you send me that savegame Psychonuggget gave you please. Or did he send you his whole profile? Either way, send please. :) my email is posted above

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys!

I lost my saved games too.

I passed the Milkman, skipped Gloria and passed Edgar.

I also made it halfway through Fred's Waterloo world game, to the point that we should enter the Castle.

If you could give me a savegame somewhere it would be extremely helpful.

I accept saved files saved after Milkman or Edgar (skipping actress)

Or even after the Brain-Tank level!

In fact, I would accept any saved game after Brain-Tank but before the-actress in the asylum.

EDIT: If anyone's replaying right now, or planning to replay in near future, could you save after each part of levels?Like the following list?

before Basic training,

the first stage of basic training,

the 2nd stage of basic training,

the last stage of basic training,

before finding sasha's lab,

in the beginning of brain tumbler experience,

shasha's mind,

... and so on

and backup your saved game each time you save? (changing the savegame06.sav to savegame7.sav in the backup folder, since psychonauts only allows you to save 5 times at a time)

This would be very useful for people from future.

I see there are saved game data for MI1, 2 ,3 and some other LucasArts games but I can't find one for Psychonauts ...

Archived