Home

Campaign Ideas!

shukkoku

:)

I think that we all want to see something new in SWBF3, and I for one would like to see a LOT of new content to keep me playing for a long time. One thing I've been thinking about is the single player campaign and what it will be like.

I personally want four campaigns, One from the old republic, One from the clone wars, one from galactic civil war, and one from the yuuzzhan vong war. I know

of course this not going to happen but I like to day dream and find out what other people want, so I'd like to hear ideas, opinions, arguments. every that has to do with the future campaign. But just remember that this solely for entertainment purposes and i don't honestly think that most of my ideas are going to happen.

so With the old republic campaign. I would like the story to indirectly follow the story of the characters in kotor. So every few levels is one that goes along with a part from kotor, but they would have to even it out with other missions with other planets. And I would like they're weapons to match up with kotor as well.

The clone wars campaign can be left alone or even taken out, same goes with, galactic civil war, was a bit short though

the yuuzzhan vong war should be loosely based upon the new jedi order series. I think that the yuuzzhan vong would be sweet to play as. Especially since all they're weapons are living the next gen graphics and engine could really make those cool. And taking them down would be really fun.

once again, I know this would never happen but it's still fun.

so With the old republic campaign. I would like the story to indirectly follow the story of the characters in kotor. So every few levels is one that goes along with a part from kotor, but they would have to even it out with other missions with other planets. And I would like they're weapons to match up with kotor as well.

How would that ever work, aside from maybe Onderon and Dantoine and Kashykk to an extent, there arent really any instances where its more than just your party fighting in all of both KotORs, plus that would just screw with an already great cannon story, it would be far safer to make up all of the battles from either from scratch or things that were mentioned but never seen, ie Mandy War battles and Rep vs Sith battles. You could still have the places reven and exile went to as IA and MP battles though.

The clone wars campaign can be left alone or even taken out, same goes with, galactic civil war, was a bit short though

That would be suicide to the game IMO, the majority of the people who buy BF2 arent going to be the EU content encyclopedias, they might have played the kotors or RC but most will have just seen the movies, and taking the movies out of the game is taking away their main draw and most of the game's audience.

Hmm...There could probably be double the number of campaigns, depending on which side you choose. I agree with Jawa, though. They can't just dump the old campaigns out, since as a generality, the movies are how people know about SW and the reason they buy SW games.

Ok umm I"m kinda off tracks here. WTF is with people saying EU content would bad for BF3. Ok people may not know what RHen Var is but, they wouldn't take having it as a bad thing, they would love a new map. And after they have played it they might just go look up what that is on the net. After that they might become hardcore Star Wars freaks. EU in BF3= More Star Wars fans= Mre money to LA= More games, faster.

I think that a "trilogy" would probably appeal to more people than a series of 4 games. In addition to that, there's only so much you can do with only six movies to go by, even with all of the EU content. And don't you think that after three games, a series will have run its course?

Old Repiblic=I can see it. EU content=I don't WANT to.

Hello? We can't have the Yuuzhan Vong wars! It would NOT be fun to play! The Vong are UGLY!!! We'd have to rate the game M for the sheer ugliness! And besides, EU is just too fragile and not-awsome-enough.

Mandolorian wars I can see being awsome and accepted. I may be biased (as per the Mando'a in my sig) but they could well do it if they, like doubled the chatter for the Mando'ade. Yesyes. As you go through the campaign, you get more points... yup, sounds good.

ya i dont think there should be any eu content

i guess kotor stuff would be kinda cool but its not the same. BF1 and BF2 at least had the rebels vs empire and republic vs cis. to me kotor just isnt on that grand scale of army vs army what would happen to some of the cool soldiers like the clone commander and other guys like that. also i think that kotor didnt have as many epic battles like the ones in BF1 and 2

i kinda liked the BF1 single player campaign since as you progressed you played as ever faction sooner or later... BF3 could expand on that a little (not too much i want some good effort into the actual battles)... tells us a story of some of what went on that we don't know from the movies... heck steal some battles from the books or other games... idc i just want BF3 to be better in every way to BF2 (which probably wouldnt take too much to do)

Since I don't have BFII I do not know if there is something like this.

I think it would be cool to have a training that would be in a Kamino training facility (like in the RC intro) where there are blocks that are used as cover and you fight hologram enemies. This could be used as a beginning battle for some custom trooper campaign where you start out at the lowest rank possible and through each battle you have to complete objectives as well as win. I don't know exactly how the ranks would be determined (rising and demotion in rank could happen).

Some old republic wars other than the clone wars could be cool too.

Archived