Home

LucasArts QA position points to TWO MMOs!!!

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

LucasArts has advertised for a QA Online Tester working out of the Letterman Digital Arts Center in San Francisco, which just confuses the heck out of us.

John Riccitiello(EA, which now owns Bioware) confirmed back in July that a KOTOR MMO was on the cards, but so far no official word from either LucasArts or BioWare has emerged.

But BioWare - presumably the lead developer on the project - is making the game in Austin, Texas.

The job application continues to confuse. It calls for the applicant to "to test MMO games for bugs" and "Test the assigned LucasArts games for defects." MMO Games? Plural?

So does this mean that there *could* be another Star Wars MMO in development? Or, could we see something totally different? Like and Indy Jones MMO? Maybe LucasArts plans to keep Star Wars Galaxies and run it along side the as yet announced MMO? Galaxies still has a lot in development, including Hoth. It's been almost 10 months since LucasArts announced that they were working with Bioware on a new 'interactive' product but since then, EA purchased Bioware.

Keep checking back for further updates!

I remember way back when when word was that SOE's deal with SWG expired in '09, and while I don't know if that's true or not, I know that the KOTORMMO projected release date started to lend some credence to the notion that SWG was going to be finished in '09.

I don't know much much flexibility for updates that are allowed for SWG, I have heard people say that the graphics are starting to become dated, and there are still certain gameplay limitations not restricted by mechanics (and then the dev "excuse(?)" of how much of a mess the source code is)

So does this mean that there *could* be another Star Wars MMO in development? Or, could we see something totally different? Like and Indy Jones MMO? Maybe LucasArts plans to keep Star Wars Galaxies and run it along side the as yet announced MMO?

I could see SoE wanting to run SWG as long as it can still get money from it. Though at some point, to maintain any sort of profitability, they will have do a server merge. Keeping all 25 servers running will be very costly, especially when there are only about three to four "heavily" populated servers at most any more. I know that those busy servers continue to get transfers from other servers every week. Though I'm sure a merge would get some players all upset about losing resources or whatever, but my question is, what good are resources when there is "no one" left on your server to sell it to? Thankfully, I don't have to worry about it. So to finish, unless LA doesn't want 2 SW mmo's running at the same time, I expect to see SWG limp along for a while.

edit: Oh and as far as an Indy Jones MMO, I just have to LOL. I mean sure the movies were good (up to the recent one) but I can't see any reason why they would spend the resources needed for a MMO on a game that has never had a popular single player release. Star Wars and KOTOR, the highest rated SW/LA game to date, definitely make the most sense to become the Bioware/LA mmo or "interactive product" or whatever term you care to use.

I wouldnt laugh at an Indy MMO just yet. It does seem impractical, because i dont see how they would have anything that keeps people interested in going around searching for treasure all the time, but then again i never thought that someone would create a Conan MMO either. Since usually whenever i hear the world Conan I cant help but laugh at a big muscular guy running around wearing pretty much nothing, but i was never much of a conan fan...

Archived