Home

The Clone Wars

Gurges-Ahter

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was a big mistake to have it focus on Anakin and Obi-Wan. There's already a lot of EU about them, and there's certainly plenty about them that takes place during the Clone Wars. I'd much rather they think of other characters to follow. Perhaps some of the clone troopers, as long as it doesn't degenerate into the Mandalorian-praising orgy that some of the EU paints the clones as being.

Needless to say, I say bollocks to Anakin having an apprentice.

That's a good point, although I've read that the subsequent TV series focuses on a lot more outside of Anakin/Obi-Wan. I think for the purpose of the movie, focusing on Anakin/Obi-Wan wasn't a bad idea because most of the people who will watch the movie aren't familiar with the EU.

Bah, if LucasFilms wants to make money, they can only do it when CG-paper-mannequins of Hayden Christiansen and Ewan McGregor are decorating the screen. It's a silly idea to go ahead with some obscure Twi'Lek for a hero, because frankly, nobody gives a crap for them.

That said, the story is mighty weird and the CG is, well, not my type. I do not have high expectations for this shindig, but what the hell, it's Star Wars.

I'm really disappointed that they made the next big SW event something thats been done to death, and wasn't that interesting in the first place IMO, It also is a slap in the face to the EU writers who made the great comics that got us through the 3 year gap between AOTC-ROTS, bah! to cut a long story short I'm not happy about it, there even putting the Dark Times Comic series (from Dark horse) on hold to make room for a clone wars related comic line lol, theres more clone wars related material now than anything else (Bar maybe NJO). It makes me laugh when someone said "We've all been wondering what the clone wars were since Obi-Wan mentioned it in ANH", I havn't :)

Got it. I would have preferred Pixar also, but I'm willing to give it a shot. For me the story matters much more than the animation style. I just hope the story is a good one. I know it ticks off a lot of EU fanatics, but I haven't invested as much time as some into exploring the EU arena.

Personally, I am looking forward to this film. Nothing beats Star Wars on the big screen! :shades2:

I have reservations about the animation style as it seems all that Lucas Animation is doing is taking Genndy Tartakovsky's style and putting into the 3 dimensional realm. While I am aware this is somewhat of a continuation of the previous TV series I would have preferred something more detailed.

Nevertheless like Gurges-Ahter, story is more important to me then nitpicking about the animation. Overall the animation looks alright. Unlike TKA-001, I like the idea of Anakin having an apprentice. I have a feeling she is not going to survive the war and it will undoubtedly add to Anakin's fall. My only fear with Asoka Tano is that I do not want her to be a "Mary Sue" type with little depth of character. While her presence in the story looks promising, Im still paranoid.

One thing I do not like about the film is cheesy names for planets and characters, for example, another alien Separatist general with a corny name (Loathsome). The other is the planet Christophsis. What happened to the more creative names? :xp:

Over all though, I am looking forward to the film because seems to have a good balance of drama and comedy not to mention action scenes like the films.

The Clone Wars time period just doesn't seem all that interesting to me anymore; it's territory that's already been explored. I don't have high hopes at all for this movie, but I'll watch it 'cause it's Star Wars. I just hope Lucas doesn't keep focusing on the Clone Wars the rest of his life.

Exactly my thoughts! Now a movie/TV series bridging Episode III and IV: that would kick some serious ass, whatever style.

As somebody who hasn't read a SW comic since Marvel had 'em in the 80's, I think this looks kinda cool. I'm looking forward to seeing it in 2 weeks (I'll be on vacation and will not set aside time for a movie while in Sedona).

I don't really know what the story is, or anything about it. But it's Star Wars and I'll be there.

The Clone Wars time period just doesn't seem all that interesting to me anymore; it's territory that's already been explored. I don't have high hopes at all for this movie, but I'll watch it 'cause it's Star Wars. I just hope Lucas doesn't keep focusing on the Clone Wars the rest of his life.

On the contrary, I still haven't gotten enough of of the Clone Wars era. To me the Expanded Universe has just made a dent in the story of the three year conflict that changed the Galactic Republic into the Galactic Empire.

Still for those not that interested in this time frame of the sage, fear not, because as many fans know already, there is a live action TV series in the works set during the nineteen year time period between Episode III and Episode IV.

On the contrary, I still haven't gotten enough of of the Clone Wars era. To me the Expanded Universe has just made a dent in the story of the three year conflict that changed the Galactic Republic into the Galactic Empire.

A dent?

* The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader

* LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)

* LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)

* Star Wars: Battlefront

* Star Wars: Republic Commando

* Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter

* Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones novelization (First appearance)

* Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

* Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novelization

* Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive

* Star Wars: The Clone Wars video game

* Star Wars: Battlefront II

* Republic Commando: Hard Contact

* SWInsider_small.jpg "Death in the Catacombs" - Star Wars Insider 79

* SWInsider_small.jpg "Elusion Illusion" - Star Wars Insider 66

* Clone Wars Adventures

* Star Wars Republic 49: Sacrifice

* Star Wars: Clone Wars

* Star Wars Republic 50: The Battle of Kamino

* Star Wars Republic 51: The New Face of War, Part 1

* Star Wars Republic 52: The New Face of War, Part 2

* Jedi: Mace Windu

* The Clone Wars: The Pengalan Tradeoff

* League of Spies

* Star Wars Republic 53: Blast Radius

* Omega Squad: Targets

* Storm Fleet Warnings

* Duel

* Jedi: Shaak Ti

* Star Wars Republic 54: Double Blind

* Jedi: Aayla Secura

* Legacy of the Jedi

* Shatterpoint

* Equipment

* Jedi: Count Dooku

* Star Wars 24: Silent Drifting (Appears in flashback(s))

* Republic Commando: Triple Zero

* Hero of Cartao

* The Cestus Deception

* The Hive

* Odds

* Republic Commando: True Colors

* MedStar I: Battle Surgeons

* SWInsider_small.jpg "MedStar: Intermezzo" - Star Wars Insider 83

* MedStar II: Jedi Healer

* Jedi Trial

* Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

* Labyrinth of Evil

* Star Wars: The Clone Wars film

* Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series

* Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novelization

* Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

* Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novelization

* Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader

Plus all the complete locations and chronology, the new Comic lines and toys about to hit us lol, I was all for it, I bought it all following AOTC, but it's getting Ridiculous now hehe

A dent?

*Que Monster List of Clone Wars Stories

Plus all the complete locations and chronology, the new Comic lines and toys about to hit us lol, I was all for it, I bought it all following AOTC, but it's getting Ridiculous now hehe

:xp: Hehe, I realize what you mean. It does seem weird since we saw so much of the Clone Wars that it seems old and done with. Let me explain what I mean... I see that the previous Clone Wars stories have only touched on the more important battles and events, especially those surrounding a core group of protagonists (Anakin, Obi-wan, Yoda, Mace Windu, Quinlan Vos, etc) when there are still countless stories that can be told about a Galaxy teeming with life and in conflict between the worlds that inhabit it.

While we have seen the Clone Wars before, I feel that now that the prequel films have all been completed, the writers and producers of Expanded Universe material no longer have to hold back in telling the fans what happened in a galaxy far, far away both during the Clone Wars, as well as in the time before "A New Hope".

They don't. But this is called "Too much of a good thing (Obi-Wan)." Way too much. They take the ONE non-movie thing they did, like, forever... and that's what they do some more. It's a shame. Hardcore fans like us are their biggest audience, but this is clearly going to appeal to people who AREN'T tired of watching the same time period over and over again.

Got it. I would have preferred Pixar also

Umm... you do know that Pixar started off as a division of Lucasfilm, right?

Lucasfilm's basically responsible for the CG-movie craze. And why would they want to use a separate company, when they already have their own, new division for CG-work?

Comparisons between the two are silly anyway - they're both good at what they do (animation) but take two different styles. The Clone Wars animation style is supposed to be reminiscent of the Gerry Anderson programs in the 60s (Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet) and I think they do a good job.

Exactly my thoughts! Now a movie/TV series bridging Episode III and IV: that would kick some serious ass, whatever style.[/Quote]

Then you should wait for the live-action TV program when that appears - it's set between III and IV.

Everybody goes to see Star Wars stuff, so I would think the hardcore fans only make up a small percentage of the people that go to see the movies. This movie is just a desperate attempt to make more money. Why don't they do the third Star Wars Trilogy as GL wanted in the first place?

I am a die hard Star Wars fan, so I suppose I'll see it...not expecting much though. Just my two cents. :)

~HOP

Archived