Home

The Clone Wars

Gurges-Ahter

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watch it and judge it by it's own merits. I personally think the critics are full of it but that doesn't mean the film is perfect. There was one or two things I found annoying. Yet it's a cool animated feature. Remember... it's a feature length pilot episode. ;)

Well I really don't think I am going to see this one. It's just I seen enough about the Clone Wars. I personally want to see somthing new. A part of Star Wars history that hasn't been told yet. I mean what happened after Episode VI...

There's already plenty of that in comic books, games and novels, though, going all the way up to 130 years after the films.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anybody know WHY Dark Horse did not make a comic book adaption of the clone wars movie? I know they made a comic book series based on the show but this would be the first Star Wars movie that didnt have a comic book adaption for it.

They've pretty much covered a lot of the Clone Wars in an ongoing series of trade paperbacks from 2003 to 2006, the last volume being "Endgame/the Purge".

I know about those, I was referring to a comic adaption of the clone wars movie that came out this year. I was wondering why they didnt make one specifically about the movie since theyve made comic book adaptions of all the others and plus they do have the new clone wars comics based on the new tv show. It just seemed odd.

It does seem strange that Dark Horse hasn't already released some comics based specifically in the timeline of the recent movie, considering how the Clone Wars franchise was milked in every other aspect (toys, games, novels, etc.) Dark Horse might decide to make a companion comic to fit within the frame of the movie, that won't contradict the timeline of the original comics (I couldn't find anything when searching for "new Clone Wars comics".)

My problem is a) this is in fact NOT an uncharted era as the media keep saying, there is probably more EU set around this time than any other, and I enjoyed getting that stuff, it helped me through the "between EPII-III drought", why go back and re-hash it? Lucas' lack of care for, and knowledge of the EU, just Spurs the elitist "G canon only!!" Nazi's on and I hate that. B) The cool thing about EU is that you have so much cool stuff being made, but if you dont agree with it or like it, then that's cool, but with GL having a direct hand in it, it is now G canon, so it is up there with the films, unavoidable.

I think it was mildly entertaining, whether it be for me, kids or newcomers to the saga, But I think there are far more interesting uncharted era's that could of been explored, It was very commercialized and simplified, the so called nod's to EU and the OT were noticeable to a casual fan, I expect more from my Star Wars now.

For some reason I don't like the whole clone wars setting.Geonosis and the clone part is the only thing that is cool in there.

Clone Wars is not even close to EU.

EU is jedi are Mara Jade,Galen Marek,Kyle Katarn,Jan Ors,Jerec,Yun,Maw,Desann,Dash Rendar,and Xizor plus others.Obi Wan and Anikan are just the movie guys.The media does not know the true power of the dark side :lol:

EU is anything not in the movies, and only the beginning and the ending of the Clone Wars were in the movies, not everything in-between. So The Clone Wars movie, series, and the better cartoon are EU.

But GL's direct influence, and a big screen premier makes it in the same bracket as the movies, with the same kind of canon status and viewers. Whether or not it is EU is not my problem, it's effect on good EU is.

• 2 months later...

What bothers me is they only show an episode once a week and theyre so short, they feel kind of rushed and it just seems like they dont take the time to really make sure they dont mess up the continuity already established. Most of the vehicles and characters look like they came from later in the clone wars and not in the first year. With all the unexplored KOTOR and New Jedi Order timelines unexplored im surprised they dont want to make stories in those times instead of focusing so much on the clone wars and dark times. Besides most of the characters are from the movies so you know theyre going to survive so theres no suspense in wondering if your favorite character is going to die or not because they cant, unless GL wants to screw with the timeline by killing one or more of them off. Of course they did that in the other clone wars cartoon with Kkruhk so I wouldnt be surprised.

I liked the TV series too. :)

But the movie, to me, seemed like a ploy to get little kids into Star Wars. Because at the moment there was not really anything new (that was appropriate for younger kids, unless the parents do really care about content). Furthermore it was not as exciting as other Star Wars movies, at least in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the kit fisto episode. It wasn't bad. General Grievious is still Bad A@*. I thought the movie wasn't too bad. I liked the battles. they were pretty good. but i'd much rather read about them. I'm finishing the RC series right now. They are just a small part but i do enjoy them very much. But then again i'm in the military so i suppose i would.

Archived