Home

The Clone Wars

Gurges-Ahter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take for the clone wars is that it is targeted towards the early teens. My guess the stories are more like the interpretation of the clone troopers are a part of their Mythology. A lot of the Jedi powers are cinematic, and the fighting is a bit over the top (Juggernauts taking out a Starship?) But then again, if these are the "Legends" then there is a bit of Author embellishment to make it entertaining

I could enjoy these clone wars episodes, but I wont, because every Interview they do (Within the SW community) There emphasizing the fact that this is not EU, that they are not constrained by what went before, George has a Different vision than the comics, this is what really happened etc. It really upsets me, because I loved the Clone Wars stuff done in the Comics, and I wonder how Long it's gonna be before George comes out and Says there was no History before Yoda's birth or something stupid. I'm waiting for what comes next tbh, EU has sustained Star Wars since the mid Eighties, between Prequels, in fact there are much better stories in the EU than what we got between 1999-2005 from GL, and although it's his Story, his franchise... Why allow something to be made, get money from it, pay people to organize a canon system, let people become fans, and then turn around and pretend you dont know/care about it and ret-conn stuff? It gets me down.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think there has been enough TV **** on the Clone Wars. It has been done to death. Unless there is a game which is not about the show, then I am no going to focus on it. I would only be interested if there was an RC2 or BF 3 on the CW. Now that would fill my tastes. Clone Wars Shows is just a sad excuse to keep milking the prequel. Worst of all, the whole plot of the Clone wars is nothing new, just the same "Save the Galaxy from the evil sith!" as usual. I think Lucas should just let the Clone Wars show die, unless it will have a darker story in the future

I think there has been enough TV **** on the Clone Wars. It has been done to death. Unless there is a game which is not about the show, then I am no going to focus on it. I would only be interested if there was an RC2 or BF 3 on the CW.

You can't compare a game to a TV series...

Clone Wars Shows is just a sad excuse to keep milking the prequel.

Weren't the prequels a sad excuse to keep milking the OT?

Worst of all, the whole plot of the Clone wars is nothing new, just the same "Save the Galaxy from the evil sith!" as usual.

Isn't that the saga's plot too?

I think Lucas should just let the Clone Wars show die, unless it will have a darker story in the future

So, you prefer no Star Wars TV series rather than some... And isn't the series getting a darker story?

I never understood that logic of more darker, more cool. Why should Star Wars be dark? It didn't began that way, and we liked it the same. Does something need to be dark to be good?

You can't compare a game to a TV series...

Actually, a lot of people do dompare it to games. Look in the Kotor Section

Weren't the prequels a sad excuse to keep milking the OT?

No, back then it was new, but it seems EU and all the other stuff want to continue on the thing. I think they failed miserably on the prequel trilogy, especially with the whiny bitch Anakin. The few people I think really worked out in the prequel was Mace Windu, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Grievous, and of course Darth Maul.

Isn't that the saga's plot too?

sure it is, but the OT did everything much better. They were classic.

I never understood that logic of more darker, more cool. Why should Star Wars be dark? It didn't began that way, and we liked it the same. Does something need to be dark to be good?

not always, but it would be something new, something that would capture the attention of older audiences. I'm not saying the movies needed to be totally dark. But the CW series should have some episodes which the Seperatists actually win a few times, not the same ending.

• 2 months later...
I think there has been enough TV **** on the Clone Wars. It has been done to death. Unless there is a game which is not about the show, then I am no going to focus on it. I would only be interested if there was an RC2 or BF 3 on the CW. Now that would fill my tastes. Clone Wars Shows is just a sad excuse to keep milking the prequel. Worst of all, the whole plot of the Clone wars is nothing new, just the same "Save the Galaxy from the evil sith!" as usual. I think Lucas should just let the Clone Wars show die, unless it will have a darker story in the future

I can't help but think this is spoken like someone who hasn't seen it... Clone Wars is doing a pretty good job of exploring the shades of grey in the battle, questioning the Jedi's uneasy position as soldiers. Also, the time period is being used as a backdrop for a variety of stories and relationships, not just battles between good vs. evil. It's expanding on the characters that weren't given a fair shot in the prequels, particularly Anakin who is getting the heroic representation that he deserved. It's quickly becoming leaps and bound better than the recent films Lucas put together. The show is even enhancing them with more developed characters.

I can't help but think this is spoken like someone who hasn't seen it... Clone Wars is doing a pretty good job of exploring the shades of grey in the battle, questioning the Jedi's uneasy position as soldiers. Also, the time period is being used as a backdrop for a variety of stories and relationships, not just battles between good vs. evil. It's expanding on the characters that weren't given a fair shot in the prequels, particularly Anakin who is getting the heroic representation that he deserved. It's quickly becoming leaps and bound better than the recent films Lucas put together. The show is even enhancing them with more developed characters.

This.

• 1 month later...

I really like the Clone Wars, in a general aspect. But the problem is, there are too many plot holes and contradictions to, not just the originally trilogy, but the prequels as well.

I really wished they had made them 45 minute episodes instead of 21. It's really hard to get a desent story and plot in under that time. Even writers for the 45 minute episodes have a hard time, especially in the editing room.

One of the other things that bothers me, is there is a voice actor that does several characters, but in every character you can totally tell its the same. To me, that's bad casting. If an actor is going to do several characters, at least change the ton and accent of your voice.

Archived