Home

Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy : 1440x900

Danag

So, just to reminisce, I went ahead and re-installed JK: Jedi Academy, and I'd like to use 1440x900 as my resolution, but the option doesn't seem to exist.

I tried adding it to the jaconfig.cfg file, but it's not taking.

Any suggestions? Maybe a mod I can install that will allow me to do this?

Speaking of Mods, I assume there are numerous sites out there for mods for this aged, but still excellent-to-play game. Any reputable suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks, :)

Here's how you get Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast to work in widescreen. I had nothing to do with this mod, I'm just posting this here to help. ;)

Here is the link, instructions are in Ruku's third post, btw. Enjoy:

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Hapslashs_Void/index.php?showtopic=2226

Remember, the files you will need to edit for this to work in Jedi Outcast will be jk2config for single player, and jk2mpconfig for multiplayer.

Another quick note: some loading screens might not show up as they are not supported in a widescreen resolution, so be prepared. But I've only experienced this in Outcast. Instead of a loading screen, you get a screen full of white, as I said though, this only happens in Outcast as far as I can tell.

• 4 years later...

Nicely done. Just mirroring this from the link just in case!

Ruku wrote:

What you have to do (in this, JO and any other Q3A-based game) is go into your base folder and open "jaconfig.cfg" (and "jampconfig.cfg" for multiplayer) in Wordpad (not Notepad, as the file contains line breaks that Notepad can't interpret). Scroll down and edit the following lines to the red values:

seta r_mode "-1" * This is crucial. If you don't change it, none of the next settings will take effect

seta r_customwidth "1440" * Or whatever the width of the desired resolution is

seta r_customheight "900" * Or whatever the height of the desired resolution is

Also, if it's not there, you should modify the following to a value between 90 and 105 (whichever looks better to you).. to keep everything in proper perspective:

seta cg_fov "100"

** Note: You will have do do this in every mod's folder aswell **

Pretty cool. As with the widescreen options in Unreal Tournament 2004, this looks great in-game, but the menu/loading screens all look squashed as a result (someone would have to create replacement screens that are the proper ratio to compensate). Of course both games work perfectly fine with vertical black bars flanking the viewing area on a widescreen display.

Archived