Home

Gigs

Burnseyy

We've all been to them... well, at least I think. I hope. :xp:

But what's the worst and best thing that's ever happened at one?

For me, the best would be when the guitarist from MCR jumped into the crowd and started crowd surfing, and I was one of the people holding him up :^:

the worst would have to be being at the front (yes, I'm aaalways at the front. booyah.) and having my ribs fractured by all the tall people crushing me. Ahh, that hurt. :(

So, what happened to you?

Well, I play in a small jazz ensemble with four other guys, and we pick up a few gigs a month at local bars, hotels, etc.

One time, we were playing a Miller piece (don't really remember which one it was), and our trumpet player got a little over-excited. He hadn't placed his mute properly, and it fell out while he was playing. But he did what any good musician does, and played on. Someone at the table closest to the stage, who really only wanted to help, decided to pick up the mute and slide it back into the bell. Thing is, she didn't realise how to do it properly, and ended up just shoving it in. My trumpet player ended up losing his two front teeth and cracking his top lip.

The rest of us kept playing though. We were being paid decent money, so we didn't have a choice.

For me, the best would be when the guitarist from MCR jumped into the crowd and started crowd surfing, and I was one of the people holding him up :^:

Lol @ MCR

Anyways, when I went to the last Rush concert, Neil did an amazing solo.

Also, the Tool concert I went to. And it was awesome because it was a Tool concert. :lol:

I'm in a HardRock/Metal band and we get gigs a few times a month in the pubs down the main street. One gig, I was trying my way at trying to do an Angus Young across the stage, and I accidentally tripped over the chord to our bassist. My string broke, and I nearly fell off the stage. After a momentarily lapse of atmosphere, where the half the crowd laughed with us, whilst the other laughed at us, we played Sad But True - Metallica and got the scene pumping again.

I think it is safe to say that it wasn't my best night.

eurghh

be thankful it was fake :lol:

Be HOPEFUL that it was fake! :lol:

I got a dirty mouth once at a concert.

I don't know if I want you to elaborate or not....

Getting showered with fake semen and vomit at a GWAR concert.

I had a friend who was the singer in a death metal band about 15 years ago. He went to see GWAR and got showered in fake blood and it stained his hair. His hair was white-blond before the incident and deep pink afterward.:lol:

I can't stand to tell my James story again. Suffice it to say that if the lead singer jumps off stage to wade through the crowd, only legitimate fans should be allowed to mob him.

Then again, I'm pretty sure that "I almost touched Tim Booth while he was wearing a dress" would only have context for fans :)

I've never been to a gig, for I am a country bumpkin.

How about a jig then?

Was at a Jethro Tull concert and the usher told me and my gf that they were opening up the pit area we could move down to the second row. Ian Anderson came out amongst us during A New Day Yesterday instrumental with a bottle of champagne and some glasses. Being the Tull freak, I somehow caught his attention and he poured a glass for my girlfriend.

Halloween night in college I was playing bass for a band at a house party. There were a lot of fun looking costumes there and people intoxicated on various substances grooving. It could've been a great time, but I had to turn in a lab report the next day. So after midnight, instead of letting it all hang out I headed back to campus for an all-nighter. :( What a pity that was.

On a road trip to Spokane, my drummer's car broke down on the freeway. Somehow we magically were able to squeeze all the equipment into the other two cars. I remember some metalheads driving by seeing all our gear in the windows and giving us the "rock on" hand sign. It was for a July 4th concert at Riverfront Park and we were the last band to play. During the close of our last song, the fireworks exploded above us as if on cue. :cool:

How about a jig then?

Was at a Jethro Tull concert and the usher told me and my gf that they were opening up the pit area we could move down to the second row. Ian Anderson came out amongst us during A New Day Yesterday instrumental with a bottle of champagne and some glasses. Being the Tull freak, I somehow caught his attention and he poured a glass for my girlfriend.

:cool:

One of my favorite concerts of all time was when Jethro Tull on the road to support the Roots to Branches album. They did an awesome mix of hits and deep cuts off their albums. They even did a song from Ian's solo album Divinities. I would have loved to have seen that tour but i never knew about it. Yay another Tull fan! Sounds like a good one. Mine was during their A Little Light Music tour, 24-Oct-1992. ~tk

Another top favorite concert was the Fire and Ice tour. Jeff Beck was supporting his Guitar Shop album and Stevie Ray Vaughan was supporting his In Step album. The encore with both of them on stage was awesome. Every night they would switch off on who the headliner was.

Another one I was at a Living End concert and Chris handed me the bottle of water he was drinking out of.

Also got a pick what he used.

It ... was .... awesome.

One time at a Children of Bodom concert, my mate got one of Alexi's picks. Some other dude tried to grab it off him, but one of the guys we were with, turned and knocked him flying into the center of the circle pit. It was one of the most funniest things I have ever seen at a concert. :lol:

As a senior in high school, I was invited to go to a Dave Mathews Band concert with some people (girls in particular) that were "out of my league", so to speak. So I went, happily, and it rained while we were there. We had lawn seats, without cover, so it got kind of messy. Anyway, at one point I was holding one of the girls on my shoulders, which was awesome enough in and of itself, when a couple of guy friends there asked me to go with them to get some drinks for everyone. On the way there, this girl stopped me, and she had a strong British accent (this was in Dallas, TX). She said, "I'm here overseas with my friends, and they have dared me to kiss an American Boy. I picked you. Will you kiss me?" Of course I obliged, and the guy friends I was with turned around to look for me only to catch me making out with a random British girl. It was a good day.

Typing that story took me back to my HS days, but reminded me just how old I really am now!

The whole of Elbow's gig at the Manchester Academy back in April was the best thing ever, in every way. The music, because they are the best band in the whole of the universe ever, and because Guy Garvey makes an excellent frontman, because he's funny and just a nice guy, and the rest of them aswell, so it's nice being in the same hall as them. <3

As for the worst... I don't know. Probably being crushed when the Foo Fighters came on at the City of Manchester Stadium when they were on recently. That hurt a bit, and I was seperated from the girl I was with for the first third of the set... >_______>

Another one I was at a Living End concert and Chris handed me the bottle of water he was drinking out of.

Also got a pick what he used.

It ... was .... awesome.

Ohh I've had something similar. I was at Taste of Chaos and the singer from Saosin was drinking from a bottle of water, threw it hiiigh into the sky in direction of the audience, and I CAUGHT it!

But then some idiot next to me tried to nick it off me, and started pulling my hair, so I got him where the sun don't shine. :^:

Archived