Home

Blow me up, Scotty. . . again

Astrotoy7

Now here's a weird new story...

Remember "Scotty" from the original Trek? One of his wishes, upon his death, was that his ashes be launched into space.

In May 2007, the original rocket entrusted with this task petered out and crashed in New Mexico (not Roswell). The ashes required a search party to locate and recover... so that a second attempt be made.

The ashes were then entrusted to SpaceX, a private space exploration company that was founded by the dude who created (and then sold) PayPal.

Unluckily for Scotty, on august 3, the SpaceX rocket exploded not too long after launch, destroying satellites that were on board) as well as Scotty's remaining remains....

poor Scotty....

RIP

james-doohan.jpg

mtfbwya

Well, apparently it was a small liptstick-sized container of his ashes, along with the ashes of astronaut Gordon Cooper, that were scattered when the rocket blew up. There may be more remains for both that can be sent to space on another flight.
Yeah, well, if those rockets keep exploding, eventually, they'll run out of ashes.

When did Scotty die? I dont remember this! O.o

And... atleast they tried to stick Scotty into space. :|

James Doohan (The actor who played Scotty) Died I think late 2006 early 2007. They cremated him and put his ashes into a rocket which they fired into space. Apparently it crashed and exploded.

Archived