Home

Movie Mandalorians for the original KoTOR

DarthJacen

I think, I submitted this request earlier, but I couldn't find it. I have the Movie Mandalorians Mod for TSL, and I loved it so much, I looked to see if the original author would do it, and he told another person, who asked the same question that he would but he no longer has the original Knights of the Old Republic game, and therefore cannot do it. I do know, that TSL used the same armor sets for regular Mandalorians, and the original author overwrote those with the style of armor from the movies. I tried to do it myself, but what I ended up with was long lines of armor going everywhere and a floating helmet. :lol: So, there must be a way to convert it so that it's compatible the question is how. And, if anyone would be willing to shoulder the burden of making this mod?

Thank you,

DarthJacen

I can't believe Jaina killed her own brother Darth Caedus/ Jacen, my favorite character since Young Jedi Knights, R.I.P. Jacen Solo. :(

Actually, both Jango Fett and Boba Fett were Mandalore at one point in time in the story line. But, the orginal KoTOR lacks a Mandalore until between the two games. But, as I would also point out the armor does not make you Mandalore. The unquestioned ability to lead the Mando'ade does. They don't even salute him.

hey darth jacen im going to pm you my email can you send me the movie mandalorians mod im going to try and install it in kotor 1

Oh, that's what you want okay! I've already done that good luck getting it to work. My game kept crashing.

Edit: You have to be able to open a 7-zip, file, though.

Edit2: Okay, I sent that to you. Anyone, else?

Um it's Mando'as not Mando'ade. Mando'a is mandalorian for Mandalorian and Mando'as means Mandalorians.

Thank you, I couldn't remember the spelling even though they keep repeating it in the Star Wars Legacy of the Force Series.

can you give me the KoToR 2 version?

I can if you send me a private message of your e-mail address, be warned, though. You have to be able to open a 7-zip file. WinZip will open WinRar files, but not generic 7-zip files for some reason. You either need 7-zip or WinRar.

Also, you didn't answer my question. There is a Movie Mandalorian Mod out right now for KOTOR? Where did you get it.

You're question is a Movie Mandalorian Mod for TSL, yes! But, the original author decided not to one for the Original Knights of the Old Republic, and although the basic models for the the Mandalorian armor are the same in both games, except Mandalore. I tried simply installing it in K1, but it crashes the game and the armor is invisible with lines going everywhere and a helmet floating in space.

Edit:

Shall we put aside this nonsense discussion about fictional characters and return to the request at hand? I thought so.

Answer for the request is simple - 'Enter Jabba's Palace' mod.

Ah, yes, that one! I downloaded that mod. When I got to the Gammorean in Tatooine, saved him, then went through the conversation and ... The game crashes every time.

Besides, I'm not talking about a mod that just gives Canderous Jango or Boba Fett armor. I'm talking about a mod that changes all the default Mandalorians to movie style armor.

This mod changes the ranks to Red, Yellow, and Black, I think. Also, special Mandalorians received their own armor. Like Xarga, so in K1 that same theme would be there special or named characters, like Jogi and Canderous, would have special armor.

But, thank you for the suggestion, I've already tried that.

You're question is a Movie Mandalorian Mod for TSL, yes! But, the original author decided not to one for the Original Knights of the Old Republic, and although the basic models for the the Mandalorian armor are the same in both games, except Mandalore. I tried simply installing it in K1, but it crashes the game and the armor is invisible with lines going everywhere and a helmet floating in space.

can you give me the KoToR 2 version?

Shall we put aside this nonsense discussion about fictional characters and return to the request at hand? I thought so.

Agreed... stay on topic people. Pruned the thread some as well. If you aren't helping the OP get his mod done or point him in the direction of a mod already made that helps him to get what he/she wants then you ought to not be posting here. Just FYI.

DarthJacen, If you have noticed your below post missing... it is. Please do not attempt to needlessly 'bump' your threads around here, we do not allow 'bumps' and the post you was responding to was well above one you have already posted. I have deleted your new one and merged it with the appropriate one above. Please no more multiple posts or 'bumps' ok? Thanks.

I think, part of the problem is the appearance.2da file. TSL's version is much larger than K1. So, they don't line up properly.

If the mod is not using Stoffe's TSL Patcher, if you place a K1 appearance.2da into your TSL override, you lose the appearance specs for all new characters in the game, so it won't run. You could open the TSL appearance.2da and make the necessary changes to the mandalorian lines with KotOR tool. That should fix it. :)

If the mod is not using Stoffe's TSL Patcher, if you place a K1 appearance.2da into your TSL override, you lose the appearance specs for all new characters in the game, so it won't run. You could open the TSL appearance.2da and make the necessary changes to the mandalorian lines with KotOR tool. That should fix it. :)

Actually, I used the TSL patcher with KoTOR, but it still crashed. So, there must be something else, that I have to fix, too.

That's what I thought, so how do you change the TSL models to be compatible with the original KoTOR game?

Body models transferred between K1 and TSL are incompatibile as TSL has more animations. Only thing you can convert via mdlops are items.

The TSL Patcher simply makes automatic changes to appearance.2da and other such files to make them compatible, provided the mod is for the same game. You can't use the patcher to install TSL mod for K1 and vice versa, you can't use it to install K1 mod for TSL.

Archived