Home

Anyone Care About The Olympics?

DarthAve

I certainly do. I'll probably end up watching whatever I can find...

Just discuss anything Olympics here I guess, there is a lot. Favorite event? What country are you rooting for? Will Mao Zedong rise from his tomb and show no Communist mercy?

Personally, can't wait for the swimming.... especially Michael Phelps

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Opening Ceremonies were really beautiful...Though I thought they, like, worshiped Mao over there, they didn't even give the man a nod...

Also, the United States outfits for the parade of nations are just dreadful. My god, the team isn't going boating, Ralph Lauren = Fail.

You kidding me? Those blazers were so classy.

I like that driver's cap, too.

Anyway, I'm really excited it's in Beijing and more specifically, Asia.

Oriental representation in Occidental media has been far too low and annoyingly stereotypical.

Bout bloody time, I say.

I just watched several hours of online streaming through the NBC website. I've never seen the Olympics like this, and it's pretty awesome. The past few Olympics had been impossible to watch what you want to watch, because it was all going on at the same time and on different channels. Now with the online streaming it lets you jump to what you want and watch it in high quality live. It's great.

I know I sound like a commercial, but I seriously want more of this in the future. I hear it's the most advanced HD and online streaming setup ever put together. I just jumped between cycling, badminton, boating, rowing, judo, weightlifting, shooting, and fencing, all streaming live in just this one night. It makes me feel all futurey. It also makes me wonder why some of you are not interested in the Olympics. There's a lot going on at once and a lot at stake (if you're into that whole honor thing). It almost makes me sad that I'm going to California instead of staying home and watching the Olympics all week.

Well, not really, but still.

The opening ceremony was brilliant. The amount of training it took to get everyone so synchronized really showed. Simply awesome. I don't know how the hell we (London) are going to top that in 2012.

I love watching the Olympics. I'll be glued to the TV for 2 weeks. My favourites to watch are diving and athletics.

Um, I care more about getting a few hot nails in the eyes than watching the Olympics...but I mean hey, thats just me.

HEY!! Has anyone else heard that zombies are supposed to rise during the Olympic opening ceremony? Yea...that kinda fell through. And I was looking forward to the zombie apocalypse...

also, in regards to this phelps boy, he aint got nothing on mark spitz, that man was a true athelete

its taken how many decades and redesigns of special suits that help you move through the water faster, not to mention redesigning of pools that have gutters to allow the water to break when you come to the edge to finally beat Spitz's records?

I'm not so sure Dath. Considering how amazing Phelps is doing (and how he's continually beating every world record... by a pretty decent amount, too), I'd say he's a true athlete.

Gymnastics were pretty sad last night. I felt so bad for the girl who fell on both the beam and the floor exercise. Just the feeling of knowing that you did it thousands of times flawlessly and then making a little mistake when it really mattered... I can't imagine that.

At least she has her individual events to make up for it.

And speaking of gymnastics, anyone know what's up with the Chinese girls team? Half their members are only 14 or 15 years old and legally not allowed to be in the Olympics.... what's up with it?

Archived