Home

Best Platform?

D_A

I don't think I've seen a thread regarding this particular issue, but I wanted to know which platform would be better to buy the game on, graphics-wise. PS3 or Xbox360?

Please note, I'm interested in opinions only on these two platforms because they're all I play on.

Also, if this topic has been discussed previously, apologies.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm..well, ever since I playing Iron Man and Assassin's Creed on both Xbox360 and PS3, and finding out that the PS3 version had vastly inferior graphics on both games, I've been concerned about the quality of cross-platform games.

GTA4 was solid on both platforms, but given how much money they spent on development, that was only to be expected.

Well, hopefully the 360 demo that's coming out this month should placate me.

I've heard that the PS3 has slightly better graphics (I only own a 360), but from everything I've seen, they look pretty much the same.

I have seen some of the Comparsion videos, which compare the graphics between the Xbox and PS3, the difference however is so insignificant that it can barely be seen by the naked eye.

So, from my perspective, they're both equally good platforms and i can't wait to get my hands on the game. :)

The thing about PS3 for multiplatform games is that it requires more work to make it run as smooth as on 360.

PS3 development is, without a doubt, harder than 360 development. Blame the Cell CPU for that one xP

Assassin's Creed just has a lower framerate and this annoying filter that all PS3 games seem to have. It's not like someone increased the brightness on the monitor, but it looks brither in a different way. Not certain what it is, but it makes everything look worse imo xD

Anyway, I'm going for the 360 version. If you want something to help you decide between the two, I say Rumble and superior trigger buttons for 360 xD

(Unless you have a dualshock 3, in which case the 360 only wins for having better trigger buttons xD)

The 360 version will probably sell better, but only because more people have it than the PS3 because of it's age and price. I, personally, am much more comfortable with the 360 controller over the PS3 controller. Not to mention 360 has achievements.

its funny how all the guy wanted to know was which version of the game is better overall and all you get is crapbox360 fanboys bitching bout the sony console as opposed to actually giving relevant information on the game... its wierd how ps3 is now outselling 360 overall world wide in a lesser timeframe considering its apparently such a rubbish console lol.... each to their own but there's no need to be a fanboy about it LOL

Archived