Home

MMOtor will be good if...

Fiestainabox

Personally I would make the amount of force sensitive a random number of those who sign up (say 10%). I know alot of you will disagree with me about this last part, but these are my opinions nothing more.

That's an extremely bad idea. My evidence to back it up... At the moment, we don't know how the servers are going to be handled. Nor how the game will be released.

Assuming they will go the wow route and create Europe and US servers etc. There are many countries in Europe, most in different time zones, the launch time for the game will different for all these countries, which is basically going to mean that players in some country in Europe will go out and buy the game install it, download any patches, play, then make their Jedi, bam, there's your 10% cap.

Then 3 hours later, on the other side of Europe, the shop doors open, players buy the game, get home, install the game, download any patches, play the game, then make your Jedi "Ohh sorry the 10% cap has been reached".

So, a better way to do this, is cap the servers for a % of how many players there are, the more non Jedi that join, the more Jedi will be able to join. To be honest, I don't quite care who doesn't like this idea, I happen to think it's a good idea which will definitely decrease Jedi numbers, but not make them impossible to get and be made. (BTW I want this game)

@mattig89ch: For further reading, look at the first post of this page.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you only "balance" a class by limiting its number you will lose alot of customers and create alot of funny forums threads. If there are like 5% jedi´s only but those can beat the crap out of any mix of classes up to lets say 5 or 6 players quite alot of people will turn their backs to that game. Its no fun when you lose to someone just because he was the lucky guy to get to play the most powerfull class.

And MMO´s are not about what the hardcore player demands lore and balancewise, they are mainly about getting as many subscribers as possible.

And there is no way a company would sacrifice the largest part of their community, the casual gamers, those who never play more than a few hours per week (therefore use up the smallest amount of resources but pay the same amount of money) just because they wanted to stick to the lore:)

I think I'd be in favour of the "everyone's a little Force sensitive, it's up to them what they do with it", maybe make it that it takes a lot of time and quests to become a proper Jedi.

Someone who wants to start as a Jedi would have to spend a few days as a "youngling", restricted to whatever academy they start in and lacking in money and skills when they leave to join the game (e.g. You leave the academy as a level 5 Jedi with nothing but the robes on you back, the level 5 smuggler you meet on your first planet already has a few hundred credits and a custom pistol).

Oh, and I dunno if we're still talking about MMOs with a single player mode, but... Phantasy Star Universe. In the offline you played a set character and followed a story, in the online you created a character, formed parties, quested, hunted for rares, etc.

Archived