Home

Metroid Armor

jrrtoken

This just popped into my head this morning, but what if someone made a model of Samus' Varia Suit from the Metroid games? I know it would be quite difficult to model something that detailed, but I think it could be done. Along with the suit itself, there would have to be a separate model for the Arm Cannon which would act as a blaster rifle of sorts, and that could be customized to act as Mira's Missile Launcher as well with a custom animation featuring the Arm Cannon opening to allow a missile or grenade to be fired. I'm also sure that you could create the helmet as a separate model, in order for the helmet to be removed, yet the suit will still be on. The helmet's visor can also be a transparent green, allowing the PC's eyes to be seen. Either way, I think you could make this for both KotOR 1 or 2, as I don't think it really matter which game you develop it for.

Thanks! :)

Samus_Aran1_MP3.jpg

Pastrami.. you and I must have similar minds. But, I have a bit of knowledge of modding, so I'm gonna break it down...

I know it would be quite difficult to model something that detailed, but I think it could be done.

I'm sure too. The problem is finding one to do it.

Along with the suit itself, there would have to be a separate model for the Arm Cannon which would act as a blaster rifle of sorts,

So, all in all, there will be 3 parts. The helm, the body, and the Arm Cannon. I'm sure the first two are the easiest. As for the Arm Cannon, whoever takes it could either use the regular blaster animation, or find a way to use half of the Dual Wielding animation, where the arm cannon is the arm thats sticking out when firing. I don't reccommend the second option tho :xp:

and that could be customized to act as Mira's Missile Launcher

That would be an easy part of the mod. I could make a dialog and scripts to have Mira customize it so that it can shoot missiles as well. (hopefully :xp:)

as well with a custom animation featuring the Arm Cannon opening to allow a missile or grenade to be fired.

That would be one of the hard parts, if not the hardest. Only master Animators like SS (See how I said like. That means there should be more of you animators out there) might be able to do it.

I'm also sure that you could create the helmet as a separate model, in order for the helmet to be removed, yet the suit will still be on.

See my second reply to this paragraph.

The helmet's visor can also be a transparent green, allowing the PC's eyes to be seen.

I could (hopefully) do that, but someone else, who might take this mod, might be able to do him/herself.

Either way, I think you could make this for both KotOR 1 or 2, as I don't think it really matter which game you develop it for.

I would prefer it for TSL, but since it is a custom model, wouldn't it be possible to convert it from K1 to TSL (and back)?

{snip}

Snipped picture. See original post for picture.

Now, I think there should be some added details...

In the UTI, when you have a certain upgrade, something should happen to the blaster bullets (Whats the correct term?) to become something else. Like, if you upgrade it with blahblah, then you should be able to shoot the Ice Beam, or Plasma Beam (Or others, like the Wide/Spazer beam, Wave Beam) along with some custom missiles for the Beam Combos (Like Super Missiles and Ice Shredders, as they are the only real Missiles of the beam combos :xp:)

Also, the Armor/Helmet/Cannon should be Female Only, as the wearer of the armor in the games is female (Blew your mind, right?)

Archived