Home

Best voice acting on games

Ctrl Alt Del

KOTOR II had the best voice acting, ever!

The characters sound awesome Atton was great, Kriea sounded great, she was the best character in the whole game, and HK-47 had some of the best dialogue ever made.

Also, Metal Gear Solid 2 had great voice acting, especially with Raidan and Solid Snake.

Mass Effect was great, Shepard sounded awesome, his voice acting made up for him not being a generic protagonist.

And also Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow has some of the most realistic voice acting I have ever seen.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And also Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow has some of the most realistic voice acting I have ever seen.
Yeah, Michael Ironside was perfect in that role.

Tachyon: The Fringe - You play as Jake Logan, an exiled space pilot who is voiced by Bruce Campbell.
:lol: Yeah holy cow, he made that game! "How about a little fire scarecrow!" I want play that one again right now... I think I told you the time I went to go to a book signing he was doing back in 2002 and I brought my copy of Tachyon. Unfortunately the bookstore was jam packed and there was no way I could get an autograph before the store closed. Sad.

Starcraft had some really good voice acting. I don't think I've ever seen a strategy game that managed to actually bring out emotions in me, and yet I STILL got furious and morose when Fenix got killed. Especially the second time, because I didn't get any payback that time.

Damnit you beat me to it. Legacy of Kain by far has the best voice acting I have seen. Especially Mortanius and the Elder God (Voiced by Tony Jay. God rest his soul). Bloodlines had good voice acting that really suited the tone and the theme of the game. Kotor and TSL had alright voice acting. Though I didn't like how the talking animation always looked the same and wasn't really synched with the voice.

Yes, the Elder God was one very well voiced villain (and a very mysterious one too). I have nothing but words of praise for Moebius (Richard Doyle), Kain (Simon Templeman) and Raziel (Michael Bell) too. Moebius was one of the most sinister villains out there and the voice acting greatly added to that impression, the same goes for Kain, the arrogant anti-hero as well as Raziel, the righteous immortal demon. Too bad there aren't any more LoK games, since the story isn't completely over, well at least for Kain. :(

I don't have a high-class gaming PC (or even a significantly passable one) so I'll assume I'm out of the best voice-acting.

NOT Sonic. Especially if you get stuck on anime at all. To illustrate, a freind once said to me "I'm looking at Knuckles and I'm expecting him to say 'And now, I draw a card'."

Best would be C &C! &C&C&C... Yeah. They have live action ever since their beginnings in, like, 1997 is it? W00t, for lack of a better word.

I don't have a high-class gaming PC (or even a significantly passable one) so I'll assume I'm out of the best voice-acting.

NOT Sonic. Especially if you get stuck on anime at all. To illustrate, a freind once said to me "I'm looking at Knuckles and I'm expecting him to say 'And now, I draw a card'."

Even as the big Sega fanboy that I am, I'd have to agree with you there. The Sonic series has REALLY gone down hill since Sonic adventure. Sonic the Hedgehog for the Xbox 360 and PS3 is just blasphemy.

Interesting thread.

I really liked Tomb Raider: Legend but the best overall would have to be Kotor, which I've only recently dicovered and just finished.

Saying that tho' I haven't played most of these games yous are all quoting...looks like I've some catching up to do.

Actually there is one game that I don't think has been mentioned yet. All of the voice acting in Bioshock. Listening to Andrew Ryan in particular is an exceptional privilege. I always hated

killing him and not getting those fantastic radio messages

. All of the Splicers are done stupendously as well. Sometimes I hide just so I can listen to their depressing, yet morbidly humorous, rambling. There's semen....on everything! EVERYTHING!!

:thumbsup:

Oblivion too has some remarkable voice acting. Wes Johnson as Lucien Lachance is really good.

Yeah, but Oblivion is crippled by "Hi!" "Good to see you." "Goodbye!" "Did you hear about what's happening in the other provinces?" "I'd rather not talk about it." "Good seeing you." "Hi!" "Goodbye!"

Not to mention there were, what, four to five VAs? I considered how the male Nord sounded exactly like a male Orc or how the female Khajiit was just the same as the she-Argonians incredibly unremarkable.

Not to mention there were, what, four to five VAs? I considered how the male Nord sounded exactly like a male Orc or how the female Khajiit was just the same as the she-Argonians incredibly unremarkable.

Bethesda almost completely used up the budget they had for voice actors when they had famous actors do voice acting for main quest characters. So they could only afford to have roughly 5 different voice actors for all the random NPCs. So yeah the Imperials and Bretons were voiced completely the same (Also looked the same) the Argonians and the Khajiit were voiced the same, the Orcs and nords etc...

Sara Kestelman (Kreia)

Nicky Katt (Atton)

Kristoffer Tabori (HK-47/HK-50)

Jennifer Hale (Dynaheir/Mazzy Fentan/ Fall-from-Grace/Bastila)

Jim Cummings (Minsc)

Jason Court -Jeff Bennett (Kyle Katarn)

Grey DeLisle (Viconia DeVir/Nalia de'Arnise/Jeanette/ Brianna)

Fred Berman (Sand)

David Warner (Jon Irenicus)

Terri Brosius (SHODAN)

Raphael Sbarge (Carth Onasi/ Delta 62 "Scorch")

Tony Plana (Grim Fandango)

John Cygan (Canderous Ordo)

KotOR was the first game where I noticed that the voice acting was good. All the main characters had good voice acting in that game.

I second SHODAN from the System Shock games. She is the game.

Some other favorites of mine:

Master Chief - Halo

Solid Snake - Metal Gear Solid

Prince - Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

I think the worst voice acting I've seen has been in Final Fantasy X.

This is one of the reasons my enthusiasm for this game falls every time it rises. :D I have been wanting to replay Oblivion for some time now, but the flaws are just too numerous. I just can't do it.

Here's hoping Fallout 3 will be better.

I'll second Kingdom Hearts II, but most recently in my mind and as a huge fan I'm admittedly biased, but MGS4 had some good VA, Hayter did an amazing job in that game. Also, while not outstanding the voice acting in Uncharted: Drakes Fortune was pretty good but what was more interesting was how the voice actors actually acted out the scenes with set pieces and props, the behind the scenes stuff was cool.

Archived