Home

Best voice acting on games

Ctrl Alt Del

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is one of the reasons my enthusiasm for this game falls every time it rises. I have been wanting to replay Oblivion for some time now, but the flaws are just too numerous. I just can't do it.

Same here. I do find myself wanting to play Oblivion every once in a while, but then after a couple days, I realize just how inferior it is to Morrowind despite the improvements it has, and I just put it right back down. Playing Oblivion is practically impossible to me after seeing all the amazing mods that are available for the PC version anyway. Whenever I'm out in the wilderness and I look next to me and see that swath of pea soup in the distance, I think to myself, "If I had the PC version, I could fix that......," as a tear rolls down my face. It's quite tragic.

I also can't get over how there are no lights on in cities at night. It annoys me to no end. It's just unbearable for me to walk around a city like Skingrad and see nothing but complete darkness all night. Again, If I had the PC version, I could fix that.

Most definitely Animal Crossing. I've never heard such realistic voices in my life.

This is true.

I'd also add God of War to the list. Not because of the dub as a whole (which is pretty regular, actually), but because of the show that is the acting of Kratos and the Narrator/Gaia.

I also can't get over how there are no lights on in cities at night. It annoys me to no end. It's just unbearable for me to walk around a city like Skingrad and see nothing but complete darkness all night. Again, If I had the PC version, I could fix that.

Isn't there? Never noticed. Well, I always use my vampiric vision at night, anyway.

Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness. The narrator alone (John Rhys-Davies, in fact) makes it take the cake, and the rest of the voice cast, in particular, whoever voices Doctor Cranium and Igor, make it the pinnacle. Of course, I'm an unabashed fanboy of that series, so it's not an entirely reasonable assessment.

Same here. I do find myself wanting to play Oblivion every once in a while, but then after a couple days, I realize just how inferior it is to Morrowind despite the improvements it has, and I just put it right back down. Playing Oblivion is practically impossible to me after seeing all the amazing mods that are available for the PC version anyway. Whenever I'm out in the wilderness and I look next to me and see that swath of pea soup in the distance, I think to myself, "If I had the PC version, I could fix that......," as a tear rolls down my face. It's quite tragic.

I do have the PC version (I don't even own a console), but even mods can't fix some of the things that annoy me. I did manage to get around 190 hours out of the game (which is impressive) due to the mods, though. I would never be able to "finish" the game without those. But enough whining. It's an OK game (because of the mods :xp:).

Indigo Prophecy

Oh, how could I forget that one. Yeah, very good voice acting there.

Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness. The narrator alone (John Rhys-Davies, in fact) makes it take the cake, and the rest of the voice cast, in particular, whoever voices Doctor Cranium and Igor, make it the pinnacle. Of course, I'm an unabashed fanboy of that series, so it's not an entirely reasonable assessment.

Someone named Jeff Bennett. Looks like one of Hale's (Bastila) first pieces of Vid VO work (if wiki is to be trusted).

I dunno about individual voice acting, but overall, I thought Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines had some brilliant voice acting. Very lifelike, crisp and just stylish enough.

And I've never gotten tired of Walton Simons' voice from Deus Ex. :D

Indigo Prophecy

Come to think of it, Lucas Kane had some great voice acting behind him. Agatha was also great, and while the quality was above-par over all, I can't say Carla Valenti and Tyler were all that memorable. :D Great stuff, over all.

Never played Quest for Glory (or JA) so didn't know that the voice was KKs (don't recall checking voice talent from DF2/JO).

There have been several people to voice KK. The two most famous are:

Jeff Bennett JO & JA

Jason Court DF2: JK1

Others

Dark Forces: Nick Jameson

Mysteries of Sith: Rino Romano

Star Wars: Empire at War: Brian Bascle

audio dramatizations of the Dark Forces novellas: Randal Berger

I like the voice acting for Tomb Raider Anniversary, not really a new game, but it can get annoying listening to the same voice from the same character thoughout an entire game.

I get annoyed when listening to the PC in KOTOR I, Lara Croft just doesn't annoy me. Especially in Anniversary, her voice is real pretty.

Archived