Home

This is a travesty :|

BongoBob

Now, I'm not going to call myself an Iron Maiden fan, cause I only know 2-3 Iron Maiden songs. However, this is still a travesty.

One of the Maiden songs I know and love is Run To The Hills. Give it a listen

if you havn't heard it yet.

Last night, I came across a version of it done by a band called Sign, on a Kerrang! tribute cd to Iron Maiden. I don't know how they can get away putting it on a tribute cd.

Click, and prepare to cringe.

So many things wrong here. Just, just, what the f***.

I was never a fan of Run for the Hills, or Iron Maiden for that matter, but that is a travesty. I hate people who do hideous covers of songs they've probably never heard in depth. Five bucks says that Run for the Hills is the only Iron Maiden song the whole band ahs ever heard, because it was on Rock Band.

At least they didn't do 2 minutes to Midnight, then I would be REALLY angry. Probably too complex for them anyway.

...so yeah, you can club an aligator to death with another aligator, but overall it's probably not worth the time investment.

Dr. McNinja ftw

obviously youve never tried

I dunno. I'd pay cash money to see that.

i have done that, its actually rather awesome, i do it when i wear my killing suit which tie caught a pic of me in, as seen here

picture.php?albumid=4&pictureid=1536

Tribute albums have to be outlawed NOW!!!

Too many horrible, horrible covers ruining my memories of perfectly good songs.

Maybe we should go so far as to outlaw the cover song once and for all... just to be safe.

I'm sick and tired of seeing lame indie-rockers covering (and always botching and butchering) an otherwise amazing rock classic in order to be "ironic."

Trust me... I was more than a little annoyed at this trend before I heard this track (and, for the record: I worshipped Maiden through my mid- and late-teen years...)

I watched part of the VH1 "Rock Honors" for The Who last night, and was left totally disappointed. Besides Pearl Jam, (and maybe the Foo Fighters,..) none of the bands had the chops to even play the songs properly... and it seemed like most of them just didn't get it.

Lame.

DEATH TO COVER VERSIONS OF AMAZING SONGS BY ****TY, ****TY BANDS!!!!!

[/end-of-rant]

Archived