Home

Hi a request for a tutorial.

Hi I've looked through the skinning forum and didn't find any tutorial how to make a new skin of a head. I tried the tut on KotORfiles but I failed while it didn't told me how to outline the area where the facial hair would be. Please help. At least tell me how to outline that area and how to reskin hair into a different colour.

Do you have gimp or photoshop.To reskin something in your case hairs just select your brush and choose hue or color in "mode" list box.And just color on it and see the result.this idea works for both Photoshop and gimp.

Yes, it does, but its slightly different with Photoshop.

I take my lasso tool, go around the hairs, connect, click the image button on the toolbar at the top, click Adjustments, then Hue/Saturation. Click the colorize box, and play around with the sliders until you get the effect you want.

I take my lasso tool, go around the hairs, connect, click the image button on the toolbar at the top, click Adjustments, then Hue/Saturation. Click the colorize box, and play around with the sliders until you get the effect you want.

^^^ good method :)

Be sure that, if you do check the 'colorize' box.. Use the dodge tool for your highlights and burn tool around the edges of highlights and lengthwise down hair strands.

Colorizing will kill any kind of contrast (and re-shade them). Burning & Dodging will help you get them back as well as add some faux definition.

Use a stippling brush, or turn on the airbrush option with a low flow control to very lightly burn edges around the skin. For touch ups, using the stipple or airbrush, use a shade between the hair color and skin tone and it should give you a nice natural effect when using (sparingly) light brush strokes where the hair meets skin.. especially for facial hair (eyebrows, mustache, beards). :)

Of course, you don't have to use colorize. You can just use Hue Saturation. Although if you set the Saturation slider to max (+180 iirc) and play around, you'll get a funky effect. I don't recommend that course of action.

Ok here is a short tutorial.

First select you brush.

59827831il9.jpg

Then go to mode and choose color

86782633fn1.jpg

After choosing, choose your color from the swatches and paint on the hair part manually. I got something like this

20737229vv5.jpg

Another way is to use a selecting tool and select hairs. I used magic want tool and selected the hairs just like below

62005193cn8.jpg

Don’t deselect the hairs, click on Image in menu bar to open a menu box, from here move mouse over adjustments a new menu box will appear go below to the end and choose variations

74368008jt6.jpg

Choose any option and play with it

58223092vu4.jpg

I chose more red and I got this.

33757588ji7.jpg

Another method is to select the hairs and go to image and move mouse on adjustments and this time select Hue/Saturation

21198916of2.jpg

Now play with this and don’t forget to enable preview on the bottom left corner.With the setting shown below I got this.

35898158od4.jpg

To not to confuse you I used the selecting method and then chose hue in mode just like color and applied it on hairs.This can be done with other modes too.

10da8.jpg

I hope this tutorial helps although I did it in a hurry. Any ways good luck.

I would strongly recommend you read your software's help files. They aren't there so you can ignore them and I think you'll find yourself much better informed if you read them. They're designed to teach you how to use the software; use them. :)

If you're lazy, Google would also be quicker.

Archived