Home

Who Is Staying Up For Teh Demo Release?

That kicked my ass. If the demo is a good indication then they are about to deliver on their promises of "kicking someones ass with the force".

Everything felt so free and it was the most freedom with the force I have ever felt in a SW game. Great cinematic feel and look. The battle at the end felt abrupt only because I was ready to play an beat the whole game at that point. Can't wait for PS3

Just played the demo, and all i can say is that it surpassed all my expectations.

I spended first 10 mins of the demo in the first room testing how the wall panels bended when i threw stuff at them! :)

Pretty much everything in the game was awesome, there was nothing i could complain about, except that the demo was too short!

Don't think so, it only takes about 5-10 minutes to complete, but you get to practice some powers in a training room if you want, I've got my 360 through my old SDTV atm cause I'm moving stuff about, so i cant comment on graphics yet, I'm gonna run it through my HD monitor in a bit and see. Yea it's cool, although I just want the full game more now lol and I've gotta wait 3 days longer than the rest of the world?!

I was on a trip to go see my little sister get married and my brother has an X-Box 360, and he downloaded the demo. Let's just say I probably played it like 30 to 40 times in three days. That's how much I loved that game. Looking forward to playing it when it is released on September 16. I'll be playing it on my Wii.

In all honesty, while the technology - and the implementation of it - shows a great advance which opens the door for future seventh and eighth generation games to accomplish great feats, the gameplay itself is underwhelming, coming off as average action game material.

Comparing it to the ROTS game doesn't seem far off, the only areas where it really breaks forward are graphics, physics engine, and freely-controllable camera. At it's core the game itself is same old same old, been done before in many games by many developers.

Personally I'm not averse to generic action games of this nature, but the genre's been done a lot and TFU doesn't particularly innovate on it any more than ROTS did. Even though they've enhanced the Force powers to the point of being borderline overpowered, it still doesn't seem to give the game any more depth beyond that of a button-masher. Sure it's got flashy visuals and looks slick, but it's still a generic button-masher one way or the other.

I'm probably going to end up buying it anyway, because though it's generic as far as action games go, it does have the traditional action game characteristic of still being really fun to play despite it's simplicity.

But, the gameplay is what counts in my book, and having played the demo through quite a few times, it's really not going to be revolutionizing the genre. LucasArts focused too much on the technology and not enough on the game, from where I'm standing, and that's their one weakness when it comes to developing games in-house - they're too preoccupied with showing off and not occupied enough with raising the stakes as far as overall quality and gameplay experience.

Overall, given what was promised, I'm rather disappointed by the end result.

Perhaps the retail version will have some significantly more innovative level design than what was shown here, which will contribute some significant variations and elements to TFU's gameplay that seperate it from the rest of the genre. But then, maybe that's just wishful thinking to further justify the £40 it's going to cost. Will have to wait and see, really.....

Archived