Home

Renegade Squadron customization in BFIII?

Pwnzor326

I think they should get rid of the classes (Engineer, Heavy, Trooper, sniper and Jet Trooper) and use the system they used in Renegade Squadron on the PSP. You should always control one guy but you get to customize him with whatever you want. Say you want to have a Dark Trooper but you don't like the Lightning gun well you can just equip a regular blaster rifle. The only thing I want changed is instead of you only being able to use what you have enough credits for they can make it like Call of Duty and when you level up you unlock the different guns and powerups and can use them as you wish.

actually, this is why I loved Halo so much. Imagine this, 5 shots left in your blaster rifle, and you enter a room occupied by a battle droid equipped with a shotgun. two quick shots to the head, and you've got scrap metal on the ground in front of you. Now what? you've only got three shots and a lousy pistol left. You scoop up that shotgun, drop your useless blaster pistol and carry on. Later you may find a pack of ammo on a dead trooper, but for now, you've got a shotgun to contend with anything in your way.

But that is different. It would imply that you have to get the weapons in-game rather than having them at the start. I would not be averse to that. But, say, having a limited number of weapons that could be held. You pick up the shotgun, you drop your pistol.

I think that they need classes but each class can only pick up certain weapons that way you wont get spammers who have a chain-gun and a rocket launcher. But I also think that customizable armor would be nice too, maybe just keep the classes and make it customizable armor. Or as you gain rank you can pick up different weapons for each class.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of customizing your person. I think that the customizing should be for example, you choose a clone trooper, then you choose if you want episode 2 or 3 armor, then you choose what skills you want, then you say wether you are a pilot, heavy gunner, etc. So say you choose a heavy gunner, then you choose from a list of weapons and bombs and such that are ONLY for the heavy gunner. Then you choose what colors you want and where the colors go on your armor, and if you want you can choose a certain emblem or something. I dunno, just what I was thinking.

I'm not sure I like the idea of picking up other people's weapons. I like being able to get health and or ammo from some dead people though.

This is just a random idea I had:

You earn credits in-game through killing people, capturing CPs, etc. You also have a constant income flow of credits, say 5 per second. You can use your credits to purchase different classes. For example, 3000 credits to buy a hero. 3000 credits to buy an AT-AT. 1500 credits to buy a Wookiee, etc. The basic classes are free. If you're killed, you lose your class and have to either spawn as a basic unit or pay credits again. They should also have weapon spawn points where you can pick up weapons you see lying around.

Not really...It's basically just using credits instead of the points system. You're still controlling your soldier only, etc. You already have to kill a certain number of people to use, say, a Magna Guard. You already lose your class when you die and, if you lose enough points on death, you can't become a Magna again. And there wouldn't be quite so many tank whores on maps like Hoth...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived