Home

Problem with local Duel games

Sethwick

Okay, I'm having a problem with OJP Enhanced 1.2. Whenever I create a Duel game through the in-game menu, or run the dedicated server separately and join the game, I get stuck on the character setup window. It shows the MOTD and, whenever I click one of the options (Name, Force Powers, Saber, etc) it flashes that screen for a split second and then returns me to the MOTD screen. I can never join the game. Is there a work around for this issue or am I doing something wrong?

I'm kind of new to Jedi Academy mods, and I'm trying to set this up so my friends can play something a bit different for a LAN party.

Hmm, yeah, we've had people complain about this bug before.

It never happened to most of us devs though, which is why we could never get it fixed. We'll look into it. For now, try using a different game mode. There is no bonus to be found in using the duel gametype. You can have private duels with people by looking at them and pressing K while g_privateduel is enabled, and you can turn off the respawn timer using ojp_ffarespawntimer 0.

For the time being at least.

V1.3's release will not take much longer if the team keeps doing the work at the current pace and with the current quality. Hopefully Tanq and UDM will find some time to finish their menus, huds and graphical work and we can get this show on the road.

oh yeah

• 1 month later...

Ignore that message.It is not fun because npcs are bugged and some of them crash game every time(eg yoda).If you want to spawn npcs in OJP use console spawn utility.I dont like to play with npcs,tab and aotctc bots are better.PS. Will you release 1.3 on jk3files?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived