Home

"Title" for Non-MMOTOR PC Character

Tysyacha

What is the best "title" for the KOTOR 3 PC character?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best "title" for the KOTOR 3 PC character?

• The Adept
    • The Seeker
    • The Paragon/Renegade
    • The Forerunner (of the Chosen One)
    • Other (please explain)

Why the Seeker? Now I am a fan of the Who and everything but just why? Even though it is the only name I find actually pleasing out of those ones.

Anyway I would just like them to just give the protagonist a name and a chooseable voice. That would be better then keep everything abiguous

Why the Seeker? Now I am a fan of the Who and everything but just why? Even though it is the only name I find actually pleasing out of those ones.

Anyway I would just like them to just give the protagonist a name and a choose able voice. That would be better then keep everything ambiguous

No voice no gender. I want to role play the character the way I think the character should act. Not somebody else's preconceived idea for the character.

No voice no gender. I want to role play the character the way I think the character should act. Not somebody else's preconceived idea for the character.

I said the ability to CHOOSE the voice of the main character. Meaning have like 20 different voice sets and allow you to alter pitch and such like that. Since it's a roleplaying game you can act the character whatever you want.

Calling the main character some cliche'd title just limits what the developers can do with the character. Actually giving them a name can help the developers and give them more material to work with

I said the ability to CHOOSE the voice of the main character. Meaning have like 20 different voice sets and allow you to alter pitch and such like that. Since it's a roleplaying game you can act the character whatever you want.

Calling the main character some cliche'd title just limits what the developers can do with the character. Actually giving them a name can help the developers and give them more material to work with

Way too expensive. There is no way a publisher or a developer would want to bare the cost of something like that. Even if you had the protagonist say only a few simple lines. It would still be cost prohibitive.

If the Jedi Order is still on the verge of annihilation - or at least regular people think so - then the character could be called Remnant. Looks stoic enough.

But that works too. Or just a rank a la Mass Effect--after all, Bao-Dur calls the Exile "the General".

It's not a bad idea, though it would be strange seeing your enemies for example, referring to you as "general". On ME, those that are not under your command call you Sheppard, so we'd have some conflicts, nevertheless.

"The Adept" vague enough, but if we're an adept why would be be off on our own thing and not working for somebody already?

"The Seeker" too particular. If we're playing an amnesiac or somebody who's history doesn't really get reveleaed, having them seeking something doesn't fit.

"The Paragon/Renegade" again, too specific, forces people into one side or the other. Though "renegade" could work if used in a non-evil sense.

"The Forerunner (of the Chosen One)" which chosen one?

Other (please explain) - only because I didn't really like those, but to be honest, I didn't like ANY of the "exile" or whatever BS names like that. Why cant you just be "the person". Surely we can tell a fairly effective rags to riches story? Nwn can do it.

Other - Did not like any of the choices. I’d just as soon have the ability to choice the first name and have the last name set. Then everyone can call the PC Jedi, last name or Rank.

The other option is to have gender-neutral name. I don’t like that because it make it harder to separate my save games for different playthroughs. Plus I enjoy naming my PC.

As in K1?
Not really. I did not mind the way they handled this in K1. I got to choice of the name and no one really referred to the PC by name until late in the game. They used terms like “Jedi,” "'insert cremember's name' friend," and “crewmember of the Ebon Hawk” to refer to the PC.

Of course, in reality if the made the game I really wouldn’t care what they called the PC. For all I care they could call the PC “Space Fart” the entire game and I’d be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

A nickname means people actually like to call you with it OVER your real name. Needs to be something strong...

For example 'General' and 'Exile' are two strong things. For every Republic soldier, the exile was their 'general' which they have an emotional bond with. And for the Jedi, he/she's the only one who they judged after the war, so they have a strong hate/anger connection with the nickname 'exile'

And, simply put, Seeker or Chosen one doesn't have that.

Maybe something like 'betrayer' or 'hero' or 'weapon master' (the last being an official title) that NPC's can connect with.

Archived