Home

Graphic problem with no solution?

DaMi

Hello everybody.

First of all i have to apologize for my english. I used to learn it some time ago, but I hope I still now it good enough for you to understand me.

Anyway, I have some problem with my Jedi Academy pc game. I searched hundreds of various forums and I haven't found a solution. Maybe here somebody can tell me what's going on.

Recently I have changed graphic card in my pc. Now I have Radeon HD 3850 512 MB. Of course, latest drivers installed, as well as directX 8.1. I'm using winXP, not vista, by the way.

..and here where the problems start.

I installed JA as usual. Patched it to 1.1. Start game, all options set to maximum. The levels are loading fast and smooth. I start playing, everythings work just fine with no problems at all... and after some time (about 5-7 minutes) the game goes crazy. The image on the screen stops, and then goes black. I can still hear the same, last sound played over and over again, but I see nothing on the screen. Then, after minute or so, the game comes back like nothing never happend and I can play smooth as ever ;).

After two or three same crashes, the game is not coming back "to life", but hangs over for good. Restart of whole pc is nescessary.

What is wrong? I have no problems in other games. My vid card works perfect with new titles like The Witcher or Hitman Blood Money. I have 2 GB RAM, and 2,2+ gHz processor.

If you won't help me, then I am doomed ^^'

Sounds like your video card is overheating, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Also, I've read somewhere ATI cards tend to have problems with dynamic light, so maybe try turning that off and see if you're still having problems (it doesn't look that good anyway, IMO; I have it turned off myself although my video card can handle it).

And your English isn't bad at all (if I may say so as an non-native English speaker).

nizwiz

Thanks a lot! I did as you suggested and turned off dynamic light and glow. I can't believe it was such simple - I would never get on it by myself :-). Now it works just fine, as it should. I owe you one ;).

Btw. It's been a long time since I last spoken with sb in english, so I'd rather apologize in advance than apologize later and be shame :p.

Anyway, thanks a lot for help.

Archived