QTE Events (Quick Time Event)

What Do You Think Of QTE Events?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Think Of QTE Events?

• Like Them
    • Hate Them
    • Undecided

There.

Hate them. What do they add to the game? Instead of actually playing the game it feels like you're playing a movie where you have to do as you're told to see the next pre-rendered screen.

Push the following buttons to watch the game play for you!

Ummm... ok but this being a video game and all.... why can't I do that?

QTEs are almost always just a crappy way for lazy developers to get around developing a decent fighting system.

In some puzzle action games like Tomb Raider: Legends I don’t mind them because they make it so even if the QTE wasn’t there you’d still need to press the same buttons to solve it (they just tell you what you need to press). But in a game like The Force Unleashed It seems unnecessary and actually take away from the whole experience of it because the only time you can pull of that awesome move is in QTEs.

As long as they are only used for finishing moves / at the end of fights, then they're fine by me.

That's probably how they'll work in-game.

Frankly, I don't know what's so bad about them. I hear and comprehend complaints about it taking away the moments you should be playing it, but that can't be hold true in games like God of War, where it's a fun way of dispatching your enemies. It's just the button-smash made eye candy.

Well, I personally didn't mind the QTE in the Demo because if you notice, the AT-ST only had about a 1/4 of it's health left before you were eligible to do it. If this is the case for all the QTE's, I really don't have a problem with it.

But, being that I haven't seen all the ones in TFU yet, I'm going to vote undecided.

Well, I personally didn't mind the QTE in the Demo because if you notice, the AT-ST only had about a 1/4 of it's health left before you were eligible to do it. If this is the case for all the QTE's, I really don't have a problem with it.

But, being that I haven't seen all the ones in TFU yet, I'm going to vote undecided.

I just hope that doesn't become too repetitive. How many AT-ST enemies are there in the game? That would really get old fast.

I just hope that doesn't become too repetitive. How many AT-ST enemies are there in the game? That would really get old fast.

I agree, hopefully if you run into different AT-ST's through out the game, they will have different style of combos you can do for the QTE's.

Personally, there could be 2 things that could've been done differently.

1) Make the QTE button some other than X (If you're playing 360.), because most of the time when i was attacking the AT-ST, i was slashing it with my lightsaber, so as soon as the QTE became available, i accidentally started it by pressing X, so i screwed it up everytime.

2) There could be a manual way to kill a boss, i know it wouldn't look as epic but wouldn't it be cool to just cut a AT-ST's leg with your lightsaber and watch it fall?

I know we've only played the demo thus far, but i'm relieved that there atleast seems to be some variety in the QTE's, when watching some older clips of TFU, you see the Apprentice crushing an AT-ST like a piece of paper.

1 QTE for each boss, that would've got very boring very fast.

Have you played God of War? There's a minotaur on every corner and you don't ever tire of killing them using QTEs.

Nope, but it doesn't appear as if there will be mythical creatures around every corner in this game, just a bunch of crappy Stormtroopers and overpowered Rebels!

Archived