Home

What was the (adventure) game you played last?

Sven_Q45

So a new thread. ;) The LA-Adventures are still alie but the company is dead. :rolleyes: And this forum seems to be dead too. :(

The last time I played:

So Blonde (on a weekend and the last parts in the next week)

Goin´ Downtown (On one weekend)

Perry Rhodan (On one weekend)

Treasure Island (On one weekend)

Don´t forget Zak 2.

And my favorite/adventure game of the year: Edna bricht aus. (Edna and Harvey: The Breakout)

:cool:

Ok I don´t want to post more. :D I played too much. :lol:

Oh I forgot the english versions of: (got ´em from bgbennyboy)

Sam and Max

Full Throttle

Grim Fandango

The Dig

and Indy 6

At the moment I play The Abbey.

Next adventuregame would be Sunrise and then on September 29: Secret Files Tunguska 2. At last in german. :D

And then I can spend my time for older titles from 2007 and a little bit older and Simon the Sorcerer 1/2. Oh and I must play Goblins 1/2/3!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Last Express is nice and linear for the first evening, then overwhelmingly open ended for the first day (but the more you play it the better you understand it; your point about time is probably accurate), then I think perfectly linear for night 2 and day 2: linear in such a way that it feels open ended but has the advantage of putting you right into the plot.

Some people say that if you can miss details that will make it difficult to solve puzzles later, but I don't think that's true at all. It is true that you will miss almost certainly miss plot details, particularly on Day 1, and if you don't understand the plot and the characters then you will find the puzzles more difficult. There's really only one puzzle for Day 1, and it involves knowing what other characters want and playing off their expectations.

So do keep at it, Huz! Like a good book or film, putting in some time and effort in the first half will pay off ten-fold later on. And feel free to e-mail me if you want hints!

@Haggis: Yeah I'm looking forward to Strong Bad -- I think I'll play it all as one season package as I do with Sam & Max though.

The last game I played was Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner. I loved it since I've always found the stuff on homestarrunner.com hilarious. The fact that they built an actual good adventure game around the humour is a plus too. :)

I just played the last of the ScummVM freebie games that I haven't gotten around to playing yet: Lure of the Temptress. It was short and chasing down townspeople became frustrating after a while. But it was free, had a good story, and made me laugh in parts, so it was worth playing.:D

Welcome to the forums, Jenni! Hope you stick around.

Thanks! I love the LucasArts and Telltale adventure games a lot (and I'm looking forward to Autumn Moon's games!), so I'm sure I'll stick around. :^:

Are you Jennifer McMurray from the Secret History articles?

Yep, that's me. :) I've been posting in the comments since the Secret History articles, and thought I'd check the forums out too. :meche:

@RayJones

What? :eek: There are people out there on the earth, who don´t played all LA-adventures yet? I´m impressed! :lol:

2008 is great. :D

In stores. At least in Germany. Or in other countries. (I think):

Edna bricht aus (Edna and Harvey: The Breakout)

ednabrichtaus_1.jpg

So Blonde

soblonde_7.jpg

Goin´ Downtown

goindowntown_12.jpg

The Abbey

theabbey_15.jpg

And of course Zak 2

zak2org_6.jpg

Coming soon:

A Vampire Story

vampyre_1.jpg

All 2D. And I love 2D (comic) adventures!

The rest are 3 D adventures this year.

I just finished CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder. It's like I was with The Dig: I enjoy the game a lot, but for some reason I couldn't spend too much time on it at one time, and found my self restarting the game and going back later quite a few times before I finally got into it.

Now I just have to buy and finish CSI: Hard Evidence and I will have played through all of Telltale's games so far. :D

Wait. Are you "MetaFox" too?

Yeah, that's me.

I just finished CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder. It's like I was with The Dig: I enjoy the game a lot, but for some reason I couldn't spend too much time on it at one time, and found my self restarting the game and going back later quite a few times before I finally got into it.

Now I just have to buy and finish CSI: Hard Evidence and I will have played through all of Telltale's games so far. :D

I quite like the CSI games - they seem to get marginally better as they go on - but they could really do with trying to come up with some more original crimes.

I just finished another adventure game I bought a long time ago, but never got around to playing too much: Simon the Sorcerer II. I love fantasy stories, and I loved how Simon I turned those stories on their heads, but I didn't even finish Simon I until just last year.

I'm glad I finished playing Simon II. I still prefer the original, as Simon was a bit too mean-spirited this time around, but it definitely had some really funny moments. And that ending, wow. It really makes me want to play Simon 3D now.:eyepop

Oh, and I loved the odd little kid that keeps popping up throughout the game. He didn't say a word, but he was just so cute, and his actions were really pretty funny. :lol:

What? :eek: There are people out there on the earth, who don´t played all LA-adventures yet?

I just finished playing LucasArts' SCUMM and LUA adventure games a few months ago, since I want to contribute to all of the Secret History articles. I still have to play Labyrinth though.

I think the last Adventure game I played was Discworld Noir a few months back, but only halfway sinc the game broke at that point (wouldn't let me go any further) so I gave up on it.

Before that though, I played both Runaway games, the second one ended on a cliffhanger, so here's hoping they bring out a third.

Ok, I´m 19. I played all LA-adventures five or six years ago. :D

Except Dott and Maniac Mansion. I had them since I´m 8 years old. But I ended them very late.

I´m ready now with my 2008 adventures. Now I must play the older adventures:

Criminal Intent

Dead Reefs

Reprobates

Gob 1-3

Simon 1 and 2

Broken Sword 4

Fahrenheit

LOTT

I´m playing Loch Ness, now. I´m in chapter 2.

Around the World in 80 Days doesn´t work, neither on Vista nor on PX. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived