Home

What was the (adventure) game you played last?

Sven_Q45

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got the Gamefly trial. Ever since my sister's boyfriend brought his Xbox 360 over, I've become really addicted to it.:spin:

The first game I rented was CSI: Hard Evidence. It was a bit weird to get used to the difference between controls, but once I got used to it I really got into it. I played it in one and a half days instead of several months like 3 Dimensions of Murder. I really liked how they put exclamation points up on the monitors in the lab to let you know evidence was ready to process, as I felt the lab was kind of cumbersome in 3 Dimensions of Murder.

The cases were also more interesting this time. The only case that sticks out in my mind in 3 Dimensions was the case that was modeled after LucasArts' cancellation of Sam & Max Freelance Police. There weren't any tounge-in-cheek cases this time that I noticed, but some of the cases had plot twists that made them more memorable to me.

I hope the makers of the next CSI title continue on with the improvements that Telltale made in the series, because I liked Hard Evidence enough to want to continue on even without Telltale at the helm.

icon2.gifI'll edit this post instead of creating a double post:

I just finished Strong Badia the Free. I was very impressed with this episode. It was much more than a a mere laugh-fest (though there's nothing wrong with that).

This one actually has a compelling storyline and has true character development, yet it still retains the spirit of the flash cartoons. It seems like the Strong Bad episodes are finding their footing as they go on, much like the Season One episodes of Sam & Max. Now I really can't wait for Baddest of the Bands. icon10.gif

I just found out the Amiga versions of a lot of Sierra AGI and SCI games are available to download legally from Back to the Roots. There are a lot of Sierra games I've always wanted to play, so I'm going to be grabbing a lot more.

The first game I finished was The Black Cauldron. I've always loved the Disney film ever since I first saw it as a little girl, so when I saw it in the back2roots.org list, I knew I had to play it.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Using ScummVM it was (mostly) point-and-click. What a program! :heart: I don't know what an adventuress such as myself would do without it.

The Black Cauldron did things right exactly as The Last Crusade did over at Lucasfilm Games. It stuck to the story enough so that if you were a fan of the movie you could play some of the best parts, but it differed from the story enough to not be too derivative. I was also pleasantly surprised to see some of Al Lowe's trademark humor made it's way in there.

Also, apparently it has many different possible endings! I guess I'm going to have to play it through again to see some of those. :) But first, I think I'll play through another Sierra game. :D

I don´t know is the english version released yet?

There's the option of German voices with English subtitles or just English subtitles with no voices.

The English voices aren't ready yet, but I don't need those to enjoy the game. :)

Though, my mom's laptop won't run it, so I do need my computer, which is a pain to use at the moment since it's hooked up to the TV with no internet connection yet.

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished Baddest of the Bands. :)

The plot wasn't as good as Strong Badia the Free, but they managed to make the Teen Girl Squad experience satisfying and not frustrating this time around. icon14.gif The puzzles also seemed harder this time too.

• 3 weeks later...

I just played Dangeresque 3. It's my favorite of the Strong Bad games so far. :hearteye:

I was wondering how they were going to do the extended play, since you were playing the movie, and when the movie ended the game ended. The idea of making extended play work like special features on a DVD was great. I don't usually play through extended play, but curiosity got the better of me, and now I'm glad it did. :D

I also tried to play the A Vampyre Story demo, but just as I was worried about I need a new video card first. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I bought Toonstruck, Little Big Adventure and The Leisure Suit Larry Collection Series (which I can't play since it is rated 18 in the UK) at a charity shop yesterday. I like Toonstruck but the writing isn't funny at all and Flux Wildly is really annoying and Little Big Adventure is fun, if not very hard, but...

HOW DO YOU SAVE!?

I only played the demo of LBA (but loved it -- should play the full game) but I seem to remember having to go into a shop or a special area or something in order to save.

Actually, according to DOS Gamers, the game automatically saves whenever you enter a new area.

Maybe I was thinking of LBA2?

Archived