Home

What was the (adventure) game you played last?

Sven_Q45

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished the first 3 Blackwell games, quite lovely, picked up the 4th one on Steam today and plan to play it soon.

The puzzles were kinda simple but I enjoyed the storytelling, writing and music, you can get all 4 for $15 right now on Steam, the first 3 are 3 hours each, the fourth is supposed to be 9 but I haven't started it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, when I clicked the link, it was already in place 3. Definitely not place 1. Shame it has moved down so quickly.

btw upon release Gemini Rue was on the 1st and 2nd places on Metacritic in terms of reviews. And for a pretty long time too. That made quite an impression on me.

You mean it moved up so quickly. Yes, it changed a few times.

But it was long on place 9 (!), 6 then 5 and 3 and now short place 1. That´s good enough!

But before SWTOR and Skyrim!! And 3rd and 2nd place both a week or so.

And the first circulation of Deponia was sold out. 1 day before release. And they had to reproduce it, again.

Please do buy Gemini Rue! Great indy game! Daedalic also sold the retail version of Gemini Rue:

http://www.amazon.de/Gemini-Rue-Verschw%C3%B6rung-auf-Barracus/dp/B00553MV3G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327759186&sr=8-1

Ye can also play it in English. And you have a nice box, too. ;):)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I last played The Walking Dead: Episode 1: A New Day (my review) and The Journey Down: Chapter One: Over The Edge (my review).

They were both excellent games. I enjoyed both for having a great story and music. And I enjoyed The Walking Dead for trying something new with the adventure genre (the multiple paths really adds to the experience) and The Journey Down for sticking to the tried and true formula of adventure games of the past (it really evoked the feeling of late 90's LucasArts games). :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I fairly recently discovered/stumbled upon The Adventure Gamer's blog where Trickster is playing through notable Adventure games from the dawn of the genre through to the present then posting his experiences for his play sessions and offering a final review/ranking of them once completed. Once I caught up I decided I'd play along with some of the current ones, so I've recently played through Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders (Still awesome) and Code Name: Iceman (I didn't remember it being this abysmal!). On my own time I played through Monkey Island 2 LeChuck's Revenge Special Edition, for no other reason than pure pleasure at the replaying and Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within, for the first time. Oddly enough I never played through that one originally, 1 and 3 yes, but for some reason I skipped over 2.

Archived