Home

What was the (adventure) game you played last?

Sven_Q45

@Haggis

Now, from English or Dutch into German or whatever is Just something for me, as for example Sentences to write in Turkish. German-Turkish.

You must play GF in German if you´ve time. ;) Manny sounds more mexican. :)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a little behind on the Wallace & Gromit games. I finished The Last Resort and loved it. I loved seeing all the characters that were introduced in Fright of the Bumblebees interact together. The new Scotsman character was a lot of fun too.

Mr. Paneer is quickly becoming my favorite character in Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures. I loved him in this one, even just his expressions were a lot of fun to watch. :D

I loved the joke about the husband of the woman who runs the news stand. I don't want to spoil it, so I'll just say I love jokes that make you think one thing is going to happen, and then they twist it around on you. :)

The final puzzle was really enjoyable. The solution fit in the Wallace & Gromit world perfectly, and there was excellent foreshadowing of it in the beginning of the game.

I also played Host Master. I absolutely adore Tim Schafer, so it was a lot of fun to play a game that starred him. The Monkey Island references were a real treat to see, and I loved that they put in references to Psychonauts in there and even references to posts by Tim on the Double Fine Action News page. :) It took me a while to find all the jokes, but I did finally get to see all four endings. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm finally realizing the allure of Sierra's adventure games. I finished King's Quest II and III and after III, and I'm actually starting to become attached to King Graham and his family. :D

King's Quest II was pretty tedious with the going back and forth finding the keys. And the fact that you could only cross the bridge the exact amount of times you needed to get the keys without warning that the bridge was going to fall was pretty evil, even by Sierra standards.

But the storyline of King's Quest III was great. The timed puzzles with the wizard were tedious, and they didn't let you know how much time you had before the wizard got back (at least not that I noticed). But, once the part with the wizard was done, the rest of the game was really enjoyable. I knew the ending already (it's hard stay away from spoilers of a 20 year old game), but it was still really enjoyable nonetheless. :)

That's the key word for the older KQ games: tedious. I completed the SCI version of the first, but I could never get into the two sequels. I just wandered around and ended up falling of a cliff or something. KQ6 had nice enough graphics for me to complete it though. I prefer the Space Quest games and Gabriel Knight. :)

I've played Kings Quest II and III a lot when I was a child. Although they were much too hard for me.

I loved the beginning of part III back then, being a naughty apprentice and being punished by the wizard! ;)

I hated the fact that you could die unexpectedly at any given moment though.

When it comes to Sierra, I prefer Leisure Suit Larry and Gabriel Knight.

• 3 weeks later...
@RayJones

What? :eek: There are people out there on the earth, who don´t played all LA-adventures yet? I´m impressed! :lol:

Unfotunatly me. But I am starting a collection and am going to not only try to play all the Lucasarts game (Even though there some of the only ones worth playing!) I am going to play as many as I can from other companys like Sierra and Telltale Games. Even fan mades.

WOW!!! IS this a real game!!!!!?????????

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
zak2org_6.jpg

and what game is this?

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
goindowntown_12.jpg

Whoa that's weird someone has deleted Jenni's forum account :(

Really? It seems to work now. :) Thanks to whoever fixed it. :thmbup1:

I finished Teen Agent. It was pretty fun and the translation was pretty good. I enjoyed the LucasArts injokes and the animations were pretty funny, which made me enjoy the game a lot more.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for free adventure games? It would be fun to play free games that used to sell in stores, but fun Adventure Game Studio games would be welcome too. I remember someone posting about some free AGS games earlier in the thread too, I'll have to check some of them out. :D

I finished Teen Agent. It was pretty fun and the translation was pretty good. I enjoyed the LucasArts injokes and the animations were pretty funny, which made me enjoy the game a lot more.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's a cult game here in Poland.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for free adventure games? It would be fun to play free games that used to sell in stores, but fun Adventure Game Studio games would be welcome too. I remember someone posting about some free AGS games earlier in the thread too, I'll have to check some of them out. :D

ScummVM has several old school adventure games that have since become freeware. As for AGS I recommend Nelly Cootalot, Winter Rose, Infinity String and the demo of Indiana Jones and The Fountain of Youth (just the titles off the top of my head).

@purple

The first game is Zak McKracken Betweeen Time and Space and is a German fan-made game.

And the second one is Goin´ Downtown. Also a German adventure game. But a commercial game.

Thanks never played one but they look fun. Those Germans sure do love adventure games. They do a damn good job on some of them too. But Lucasarts in my eyes is still top dog and probably always will. But Telltale is getting up there too?! :raise: Hmmm... Who knows. :confused:

Those Germans sure do love adventure games. They do a damn good job on some of them too. But Lucasarts in my eyes is still top dog and probably always will.

Hal Barwood once said that LucasArts could afford making those great classic adventure games because of how big the market for them existed in Germany. Almost half of all sales if I remember correctly. Indiana Jones and The Iron Phoenix got canceled mostly for the reason that LEC figured out it would have got banned in Germany for its detailed depiction of the Nazi movement.

My friend who is a jazz composer tells me that Germany is also the reason that new jazz music is created - for a long time now it is the biggest market for this genre and America has abandoned it.

So, in general Germany seems to be into the best kinds of entertainment.

@purple tentacle

I hope so. But at this time: no. Maybe with Darren as LucasArts president. :)

But I also like the new near realstic serious 2,5 D adventure games good, too. Like Secret Files Tunguska, Black Mirror, Overclocked, The Art of Murder and so on.

In the last years there are also good adventure games from France, Czech Republic, Russia and others. :)

Actually didn´t play a Russian adventure game but Dead Mounteneers Hotel ist coming. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Grim Fandango's my choice. It's one of the best adventure games I've played, so it's a real no-brainer recommendation. I did try Beneath a Steel Sky, but I think my download was a little buggy or something and I ended up crashing heavily 5-10 minutes in. But I hear it's pretty good an it's intriguing alright.

The last adventure game I completed was The Shiva by Wadget Eye Games. I got it for free during their Yom Kippur special a few weeks ago. :)

While humorous adventure games are my favorite, I do enjoy the occasional serious adventure. And this was definitely a serious adventure I enjoyed. While it was a short game, it took me a while to get the good ending. There's one more ending that I want to try though. I really like it when adventure games have multiple endings, because they are so linear that you don't really want to replay them too soon after completing them otherwise.

Another thing I really liked about this game was that when you finished the game, there's DVD style extras. There's blooper audio files that come up when the game is completed on the good ending, and you can view the game with DVD style commentary if you want to. :)

Archived